Ooh, new shooting truck

Show off your shooting truck or ask general related questions here
sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Ooh, new shooting truck

Post by sunndog » 27 Mar 2018, 22:26

rodp wrote:
sunndog wrote:Ere phil

If you ever see a mini skid loader (cad, skidster, kanga) anywhere near derbyshire on your travels giz a shout mate :thumbup:

It's a terrible situation when you need a loader to collect your wages, my heart bleeds for you :lol:

C'mon be fair rod.....it is a 'mini' loader :lol:

in other news (seeing as this is the default machinery thread) i'v just bought a timber grab and rotator. Gotta make it fit the jcb first then the mini skid
oslon black drivers
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 27 Mar 2018, 22:31

Adam.
Bobcats are about quite often, Case machines are about now and then etc. usually in need of work. but you are looking for a specifically smaller machine with a logging grab not a bucket or forks ? I do know for a all terrain Sanderson fork lift that could be fairly cheap, it's not pretty but the bright yellow paint job could grow on you over time.
Also have got a contact who does 2 of the big lorry/plant auctions in Doncaster usually twice a month, only 48 miles from Buxton ? If I do see anything that fits what you are looking for, I will send photographs etc. anyway.

I do have a young lady friend who volunteers to navigate on days out to farm sales and some machinery/plant sales who recons that it is some sort of disease to get excited about acquiring farm machinery or some pieces of plant/equipment, "she keeps telling me that I must have been deprived of toys as a child" and that it's not normal get excited about a lump of iron that has got possibilities and potential. I am trying hard to convince her that her brain is on the wrong side of her head and that she is not trying to embrace and understand the joys of searching out a auction bargain :lolno:

Thanks
Phil
Last edited by hairyyoda on 27 Mar 2018, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 28 Mar 2018, 05:10

hairyyoda wrote:Adam.
Bobcats are about quite often, Case machines are about now and then etc. usually in need of work. but you are looking for a specifically smaller machine with a logging grab not a bucket or forks ? I do know for a all terrain Sanderson fork lift that could be fairly cheap, it's not pretty but the bright yellow paint job could grow on you over time.
Also have got a contact who does 2 of the big lorry/plant auctions in Doncaster usually twice a month, only 48 miles from Buxton ? If I do see anything that fits what you are looking for, I will send photographs etc. anyway.

I do have a young lady friend who volunteers to navigate on days out to farm sales and some machinery/plant sales who recons that it is some sort of disease to get excited about acquiring farm machinery or some pieces of plant/equipment, "she keeps telling me that I must have been deprived of toys as a child" and that it's not normal get excited about a lump of iron that has got possibilities and potential. I am trying hard to convince her that her brain is on the wrong side of her head and that she is not trying to embrace and understand the joys of searching out a auction bargain :lolno:

Thanks
Phil

Ha ha, that's what my wife says.
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 28 Mar 2018, 11:13

This is the sorta thing i mean phil

https://goo.gl/images/F5p1CC

Tiny things super handy for getting into tight spaces in sheds or back gardens

Got a timber grab now so just need a bucket and muck grab
oslon black drivers

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 28 Mar 2018, 11:15

sunndog wrote:This is the sorta thing i mean phil, fairly rare in our sub 5k price range

https://goo.gl/images/F5p1CC

Tiny things super handy for getting into tight spaces in sheds or back gardens

Got a timber grab now so just need a bucket and muck grab
oslon black drivers

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 28 Mar 2018, 11:40

Adam
Closest similar and cheaper alternative might be a micro doorway digger with a log grab instead of a bucket, bare with me "I will be back" with something I have seen when I find the link O/K

Thanks
Phil
ImageImage

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 28 Mar 2018, 11:45

Yeah i thought about a 3/4 ton digger but it just don't tick all the boxes. A mini skid is a proper loader, no 'cab' to jump in and out of, we want one with wheels, and the mini skid can use a ton of different attachments. Four way bucket, grader, hole borer, rotavator, cement mixer, trencher, pallet forks, muck grab, the list goes on and on
oslon black drivers

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 28 Mar 2018, 14:42

:wave: Adam.
Not sure if was on here that I saw a vintage walk-behind loader :think: :?:

http://www.oilyhands.co.uk/

Can't remember now, will look again latter O/K

Thanks
Phil
ImageImage

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 28 Mar 2018, 15:20

:wave: Now here is a useful bit of kit that is very desirable :thumbup: :think: :idea: road registered with a V5 absolutely brilliant :) quick spin down the pub on a hot summers evening :think: any young woman would be super impressed to have a lift home via the fish and chip shop :!: :?:

It is called a Hydrodumper/Idrodumper, a self digging and spoil carrying duck-pond digging machine :thumbup:

Grading/dozer blade on the back end, when the next lot of snow comes you will be good to go and help the community with some voluntary work, it's a win, win project :thumbup:

Thanks
Phil
ImageImage

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 28 Mar 2018, 16:28

Phil that hydrodumper is awsome. Imagine a smallholder or similar with lots of building projects to do
Stick a thumb grab on the bucket and get to work!

Any girl who wouldn't want to be taken down the chipshop on that aint the girl for me!
oslon black drivers