The UK Badgers Menu

Chat about your shooting and hunting. (Nothing illegal or cruel, please). Post pics or videos.
pickle
Stihl pickled

Re: The UK Badgers Menu

Post by pickle » 20 Nov 2016, 11:46

The other day an elderly but not demented couple from the West Country told me/us (so I have a witness) about a badger that recently killed a motorist. Apparently the car driver had run the badger over and the person got out to see what was going on. Badger, still alive, grabs person by the throat as he/she tries to sooth injured badger and badger rips their throat out. Well the only mention I could find was in an Daily Mail article dated 2003 - (I think) of a retired BBC producer who was savaged in his own back garden by a demented badger and the chap needed skin grafts and was treated with plastic surgery at the Selley Oak hospital. The Worcestershire badger society trapped the apparently injured animal and had it put down. Nothing like biting the BBC hand that feeds.
Last edited by pickle on 20 Nov 2016, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

Radagast
junior librarian

Post by Radagast » 20 Nov 2016, 12:04

I knew a left wing feminist parliamentary staffer with a degree in political science. She was as dumb as that sounds. Got out of her car in South Africa and tried to pat the big kitty...

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 20 Nov 2016, 16:53

Priceless. Only a Sundowner could tell it that way - am still chuckling.....

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 20 Nov 2016, 18:32

Radagast wrote:I knew a left wing feminist parliamentary staffer with a degree in political science. She was as dumb as that sounds. Got out of her car in South Africa and tried to pat the big kitty...

Just goes to prove the old saying, "Academia and common sense rarely go hand in hand". Fortunately we seem to have the rare ones on here :thumbup:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

Nightowl

Post by Nightowl » 28 Jan 2018, 18:51

Badgers will eat anything they can,carrion of any type, dead rats, tree rats, dodgy rabbits, dead deer /road kill ones i might add , they do not miss a trick.
atb brian