The UK Badgers Menu

Chat about your shooting and hunting. (Nothing illegal or cruel, please). Post pics or videos.
rodp
A bad influence

Re: The UK Badgers Menu

Post by rodp » 17 Sep 2016, 12:28

Clearly Mr May should do a lot of things. Keeping his nose out of things that don't concern, or directly affect him, being but one of them. However, it's a cheap and effective way of him staying in the news so he'll keep at it.
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 17 Sep 2016, 14:56

I think Brian May is an intelligent man of some considerable intellect. It may well be that his mortality now stares him in the face and there are ghosts from his past lining up to meet him along the way and he feels the requirement of succour. A deep thinker, inventor, a man of passion and music - I assume they go hand in hand. He has conscience and probably suffers terrible anguish with regard to infectious disease in dumb animals and most likely draws a parallel to his own past and tremendous loss in this regard. The animal welfare issue seems somewhat skewed in his estimation and he further makes no clear reference to Bovine Tuberculosis other than to intimate their (animal) suffering in abattoirs and in being, 'torn apart in the middle of a pack of dogs'. He apparently imbues and attributes (some or all, is not clear to me) animals with emotion and maintains they should/could be communicated with by music for instance. Should one offer some sympathy to a person who perpetually suffers this terrible angst of recrimination, conscience and desire and then be further influenced by the machinations of the individual or mass of overt (or indeed covert) disregard and manipulation therein of the real truth and actual circumstance. I think not.

Most of the forum members here communicate by means of a projectile. Loosing the projectile can be a complex procedure of maintaining our own conscience and desire. We must be fit in mind and body to perform the procedure. There is no shame in performing this procedure and it is lawful.

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 17 Sep 2016, 16:04

pickle wrote:I think Brian May is an intelligent man of some considerable intellect. It may well be that his mortality now stares him in the face and there are ghosts from his past lining up to meet him along the way and he feels the requirement of succour. A deep thinker, inventor, a man of passion and music - I assume they go hand in hand. He has conscience and probably suffers terrible anguish with regard to infectious disease in dumb animals and most likely draws a parallel to his own past and tremendous loss in this regard. The animal welfare issue seems somewhat skewed in his estimation and he further makes no clear reference to Bovine Tuberculosis other than to intimate their (animal) suffering in abattoirs and in being, 'torn apart in the middle of a pack of dogs'. He apparently imbues and attributes (some or all, is not clear to me) animals with emotion and maintains they should/could be communicated with by music for instance. Should one offer some sympathy to a person who perpetually suffers this terrible angst of recrimination, conscience and desire and then be further influenced by the machinations of the individual or mass of overt (or indeed covert) disregard and manipulation therein of the real truth and actual circumstance. I think not.

Most of the forum members here communicate by means of a projectile. Loosing the projectile can be a complex procedure of maintaining our own conscience and desire. We must be fit in mind and body to perform the procedure. There is no shame in performing this procedure and it is lawful.

No doubt he's an intelligent man, never questioned that. However, remember that academia and common sense rarely go hand in hand. We are fortunate that in our sport we do seem to have academics that are not the norm, probably due to the fact that our sport (hunting) is one of the most primitive and basic.

You look to deeply into Mr Mays thought processes, unfortunately this seems to be the norm now with mental health. To him everything is clear and the thought processes you describe never cross his mind. I doubt very much he has any anguish what so ever, the anguish you describe in his case is but a product of mental health services, it keeps folk in well paid jobs. He may care for certain wildlife, he may feel slightly guilty of past acts against wildlife, or even lack of help for wildlife, but no anguish you can be sure.
Brian Mays problem is boredom, isolation and insecurity. He's a very well travelled man who's extremely busy past life has suddenly come to a stop, he's no longer in the limelight or surrounded by helpers and fans, he's unsure what the future holds as he's unable to equate this humdrum new lifestyle with any past life he knew .

Boredom and the quest for fame are driving him, he loves to be adored. And the badger / wildlife bus just happened to come across him with the passengers waving to him. When he got on his adoring fans immediately gave him the front seat on top deck. That's it, simples.

"Argo, a great 8x8"

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 17 Sep 2016, 19:28

Blimey rodp, i never realised you were so eloquent and my knowledge in this area is limited. I was trying to give him (May) some leeway, perhaps to a door of his opening - but to be honest I had never heard of him until now, but i did quite like Queen - the group. I suspect you know a lot more than I. I shall ask my wife as she knows about most things pop from that era.
Addendum here. My wife has just said that she thought he (the guitarist) might be related to James May (Top Gear) because they looked the same! Well everybody seems to know Brian May but really they don't. The media seems to have done a really good 'spook' job in this respect. Who is Brian May?

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 17 Sep 2016, 20:38

pickle wrote:Blimey rodp, i never realised you were so eloquent and my knowledge in this area is limited. I was trying to give him (May) some leeway, perhaps to a door of his opening - but to be honest I had never heard of him until now, but i did quite like Queen - the group. I suspect you know a lot more than I. I shall ask my wife as she knows about most things pop from that era.
Addendum here. My wife has just said that she thought he (the guitarist) might be related to James May (Top Gear) because they looked the same! Well everybody seems to know Brian May but really they don't. The media seems to have done a really good 'spook' job in this respect. Who is Brian May?

Only two people know the answer to that one me old mucker, himself and God. :thumbup:

"Argo, a great 8x8"

2011 fawcett

Post by 2011 fawcett » 21 Sep 2016, 21:49

Brian May - a bloody good lead guitarist with Queen whose broad spectrum of music was far better than that of Status Quo who only seemed to have two chords with variations in the box. As for the Badgers, well, he would be better off still playing the guitar like the other wrinklies - The Rolling Stones........

Back to subject - the badger has become, like many protected species, a pest in many areas and needs a measure of control.

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 21 Sep 2016, 21:58

2011 fawcett wrote:Brian May - a bloody good lead guitarist with Queen whose broad spectrum of music was far better than that of Status Quo who only seemed to have two chords with variations in the box. As for the Badgers, well, he would be better off still playing the guitar like the other wrinklies - The Rolling Stones........

Back to subject - the badger has become, like many protected species, a pest in many areas and needs a measure of control.

Same could be said of Brian May

"Argo, a great 8x8"

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 15 Oct 2016, 20:17

A bloke told me today - as in 'how fast can a badger run' chat - apparently they can do 31.7 miles per hour on a good day. Well I might add that that was the speed he was doing (the man) when he ran brock over with his automobile. Many a person has mentioned that a man with an automobile should in the event of running over a brock make sure the animal is dead - very dead by retracing his steps.
Last edited by pickle on 21 Oct 2016, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

Radagast
junior librarian

Post by Radagast » 21 Oct 2016, 01:20

Is that a timed quarter mile?

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 21 Oct 2016, 17:53

Well generally Radagast English beer drinkers don't usually do a 0 to 60 timed event when coming home from the pub. Plod might be hiding in a hedge or indeed sit outside the pub purporting to be a dead badger in disguise. There are no flies on plod.