The UK Badgers Menu

Chat about your shooting and hunting. (Nothing illegal or cruel, please). Post pics or videos.
rodp
A bad influence

Re: The UK Badgers Menu

Post by rodp » 21 Oct 2016, 18:51

pickle wrote:Well generally Radagast English beer drinkers don't usually do a 0 to 60 timed event when coming home from the pub. Plod might be hiding in a hedge or indeed sit outside the pub purporting to be a dead badger in disguise. There are no flies on plod.

No Branston, you've got it wrong my old chap. Same colour but wrong animal, it's a black and white bear they disguise themselves as, hence the "Panda Car" :thumbup:

:lol: :lol:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

Radagast
junior librarian

Post by Radagast » 22 Oct 2016, 02:27

You've never been in the outback in summer. There are flies on everything.

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 22 Oct 2016, 08:30

Radagast wrote:You've never been in the outback in summer. There are flies on everything.

That would drive me barmy :crazy: The only reason I've never been to Scotland, and never want to go, is cold and wet in winter and blasted midges in summer.

"Argo, a great 8x8"

Radagast
junior librarian

Post by Radagast » 22 Oct 2016, 14:25

My smart, handsome, tall, fit ancestors fled the cold and wet and snow. Best thing they ever did. London in summer is Sydney in winter. I don't think I would survive a Scottish winter.
Now the dumber Scots thought "we lived with cold, mountains, poor soil, feuding natives and the English taking all the good low lands. LETS DO IT AGAIN!" And they moved to the South Island of New Zealand. This explains the general superior intellect of Aussies over Kiwis. ;)

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 22 Oct 2016, 15:54

And here's me thinking that "Soft Southerners" only came from South of the Watford gap.
It clearly applies to Black Country folk as well
Rod - please note I didn't call you a "brummie" :D

Cheers

bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

pickle
Stihl pickled

Post by pickle » 22 Oct 2016, 18:44

I wanted to say that I'm glad there are midges in Scotland that keep the hoi from invading those gloriously yet untouched parts of wilderness Scotland that survive almost intact and have not been turned into dusty, hackneyed, filthy muddy tracks and puddles rather like the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, Dartmoor, Exmoor, Snowdonia National Park and the Derby bits et al and every other damned bit of listed greenery in England, Wales and Scotland spoilt by bloody walkers, cyclists, ramblers, Countryfile and their dogs. We have a dog. Scotland, Australia and New Zealand are most likely the last bastions of undisturbed wilderness left in this context that are still under the jurisdiction of English speaking peoples but currently being diluted by greed, immigration, aspiring sabotaging politicians and contingent foreign intervention. Give me midges any day.

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 22 Oct 2016, 19:51

phoenix wrote:And here's me thinking that "Soft Southerners" only came from South of the Watford gap.
It clearly applies to Black Country folk as well
Rod - please note I didn't call you a "brummie" :D

Cheers

bruce

For that I tip my hat to you Bruce :thumbup:

But I'm still not coming up there to be pestered to death by midges :lol: The cold and wet I can take, as Billy Connelly says, "there's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes", but midges :evil:

Funny enough though, when we go south to Dorset they have very small flying things and they really annoy my brother, who's lived there for 30 years ish, yet they don't bother me at all, hardly notice them.

"Argo, a great 8x8"

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 22 Oct 2016, 19:54

Radagast wrote:My smart, handsome, tall, fit ancestors fled the cold and wet and snow. Best thing they ever did. London in summer is Sydney in winter. I don't think I would survive a Scottish winter.
Now the dumber Scots thought "we lived with cold, mountains, poor soil, feuding natives and the English taking all the good low lands. LETS DO IT AGAIN!" And they moved to the South Island of New Zealand. This explains the general superior intellect of Aussies over Kiwis. ;)

Right, time to sit back and watch :clap: Where's the popcorn smiley ? :lol:

Waiting for the patriotic Scots and Kiwi's to come marching in :thumbup:

"Argo, a great 8x8"

Radagast
junior librarian

Post by Radagast » 23 Oct 2016, 03:50

So Rollmops, are midges the biological Defence Force of the SNP? After all, they keep English out, which is all they seem to care about.

stealth69

Post by stealth69 » 01 Nov 2016, 21:17

The thing with Brian May is he has no idea of how to put his point across ,I've seen him on tv a couple of times ranting on about Badgers ,and if someone dosen't agree with him he starts swearing ranting and walks off .Great guitarist but the blokes a total Cnut .