The Shooty Mobile

Chat about your shooting and hunting. (Nothing illegal or cruel, please). Post pics or videos.
cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Re: The Shooty Mobile

Post by cliveward » 29 Nov 2016, 14:32

[quote="sunndog"]ah, i thought tractrion control might be a bit posh for it. Still, electric freewheeling hubs are pretty fancy
I'v always took them off landrovers in the past and fitted normal hubs. But every little helps with small engines.

just had a quick google. Well under a ton in weight and 72" wheelbase. obviously forward control so plenty of room in the back. About as wide as an SJ i think.

Might have some parts common with a rascal van too. Cracking lilttle thing :thumbup:[/quote

I have high hopes for it. :thumbup:

It's also has the potential for some bargain motoring.

The tyres were a whopping £40 each and with a bit of shrewd purchasing the filters and fluids to go through the whole thing was about £50; diffs, gearbox, transfer box, engine, the lot!

Eagerly awaiting the V5 now. :x

Cheers

Clive

wall90

Post by wall90 » 01 Dec 2016, 19:26

I use my freelander as a shooting truck at the moment,was thinking about trying a quad but didn't fancy the cold.so I settled on a Suzuki jimny ,the only mod I intend to do is remove the windscreen and fit a sheet of Perspex on hinges so I can shoot out of the front,it wont be on the road but left at my main permission.it would be a good mod on your truck clive.

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 01 Dec 2016, 23:58

Hi All,

Exciting times...V5 arrived today.

I shall pick up the number plates on the way into work then just have to finish changing the oil in the diffs then I shall be able to have a proper play in the mental little death trap. 8-)

Cheers

Clive

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 03 Dec 2016, 11:10

Clive if you had post this earlier, I could have got you a whole Suzuki Carry for spares ??? Here is a high seat model :thumbup:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-52-Suzuk ... SwHQ9WXbjH
I do know for another rusty one as well, they are lurking about.
Phil

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 03 Dec 2016, 13:25

hairyyoda wrote:Clive if you had post this earlier, I could have got you a whole Suzuki Carry for spares ??? Here is a high seat model :thumbup:
Phil

You would not want to be going round corners fast in that !! :shock:

:lol: :lol:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 03 Dec 2016, 13:39

hairyyoda wrote:Clive if you had post this earlier, I could have got you a whole Suzuki Carry for spares ??? Here is a high seat model :thumbup:
Phil
Now that i could use. Mobile high seat and bucket truck for tree trimming :D
oslon black drivers
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 03 Dec 2016, 14:56

:wave: I was praying for nearly ten days earlier on this year that I could borrow or beg for the use of a small cherry picker, the lesbians down the road had some loose gutter brackets above their bedroom window, I had worked it all out in my head and was willingly going to volunteer that it would be no bother at all to be of some help to them. They told their neighbour that it was covered by their house insurance :thumbdown:
Phil

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 03 Dec 2016, 15:53

hairyyoda wrote::wave: I was praying for nearly ten days earlier on this year that I could borrow or beg for the use of a small cherry picker, the lesbians down the road had some loose gutter brackets above their bedroom window, I had worked it all out in my head and was willingly going to volunteer that it would be no bother at all to be of some help to them. They told their neighbour that it was covered by their house insurance :thumbdown:
Phil

You'll need someone to hold the tools Phil, I'm on my way :thumbup: Mind you, there's probably some law against :wave: :wave: through the bedroom window :lol:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 06 Dec 2016, 14:40

Had a smack on the head this morning and was told that I will be having some therapy treatment booked for me as a Christmas present as well by the good woman indoors. She who must be obeyed sneaked up on me while I was watching the two lesbians from down the road walk up the pavement holding hands and cuddling every ten foot or so. Was told to stop dribbling and do something useful. :shock:
Phil.

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 06 Dec 2016, 15:02

Hi All,

Well it's been on the road for a few days now and has 100 or so miles under the wheels. :thumbup:

I've not been off road with it 'yet'. Trying to keep it clean, in case anything gives way and needs mending. No fun to work on something plastered in mud. :lol:

Driving it on the road has been interesting, especially in the wet it can very quickly go from 'great fun' to 'completely terrifying' due to the light weight and mud tyres. :shock: :D

It's massively quicker than the buggy and keeps up with traffic no problems. I even overtook someone last night! :twisted:

Top speed so far has been 55mph and that was plenty quick enough, but it had plenty more to go.

So the getting to and from shooting purpose has been covered. It's quick, comfy enough and the heater is excellent! Just need to give it a gentle off road test now once it dries up a bit. :thumbup:

Cheers

Clive