So, who wants a GEN2 dedicated unit for £300? *SOLD*

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
PESCA

So, who wants a GEN2 dedicated unit for £300? *SOLD*

Post by PESCA » 06 Oct 2012, 09:08

During the course of my sort out, I just remembered that I had this unit :crazy:

It's an AMT (ATN) Aries Mk6600 GEN2 dedicated night vision scope. I bought the unit for the tube, but turned out that the tube wasn't the right size for the unit I had.

Tube is fine, with only a few very small marks. Has a rangefinder reticle with variable brightness. Clicks are 1/8" @ 100 yrds. Variable diopter and focussing with the front lens. Mount is Weaver/Picatinny.

Now for the bad points (well, not really that bad). On the left side of the unit was a bank of LED's. These indicated on/off, reticle brightness, etc. These have been removed, along with the rubbish onboard IR illuminator. So, basically, it now has unit on/off sliding switch and reticle brightness rotating knob.

Runs off one AA battery, along with a dummy battery, which is in the holder.

Overall, it's in good condition, but judge that yourselves from the photographs. I haven't used this unit in anger, so, maybe you're taking a bit of a chance on it, but, I can't see any reason why this shouldn't work just fine. There's only really the elevation and windage which I haven't tried.

Could simply put this on ebay and get a much higher price for it, I'm sure you'll agree (would have thought around £450-£500), but I thought I'd give you fellas the chance first.

Yes, it's for the not-so-princely sum of £300 and a tenner toward the postage (it's quite a heavy little unit).

Thanks for looking.
George

silent knight

Re: So, who wants a GEN2 dedicated unit for £300? Yes, £300!

Post by silent knight » 06 Oct 2012, 18:32

Looks good that George for £300........If I wasnt saving my money for a Gen 3 dedicated Id haev it and put it on my HMR...

rocket launcher

Post by rocket launcher » 07 Oct 2012, 11:38

pm sent

Gloop

Post by Gloop » 07 Oct 2012, 22:10

If this hasn't gone ill take it. Can't go wrong with a gen2 for that money. If nothing else it would make a heave spotter.

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 07 Oct 2012, 22:47

Not gone, as yet, so it's all yours, Mr. Gloop.

We'll sort it out tomorrow.

Cheers.
George