QwikFit Add On rigs.

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
some bloke
NON EMMET

QwikFit Add On rigs.

Post by some bloke » 01 Jan 2017, 15:24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu8wVIAhErU

How quick was that to fit a complete ready to use add on rig that includes an integrated illuminator solidly aimed straight ahead: No faffing about with figure of 8 clamps getting a noisy clicky tail cap torch to point exactly where the scope views every time you whip it on, no wobbly monitor and check out how the retical remained centre screen after swinging the rifle about. :angel:

The base price is £240 with integrated torch tube and Oslon Black 4715AS 3 memory mode 850nm pill: Without a torch head for close range ratting.

Or as follows with the following EVO torch heads:
£260 with a 38mm torch head. Suited for air and 22lr range at typically low scope mag
£270 with a 50mm torch head. Suited for HMR range shooting, typically below 10 scope mag.
£280 with a 67mm torch head: Suited for + 10 scope mag typically used for foxing.
£290 with a 75mm torch head: Suited for longer range foxing at higher scope mag - will foul the front bell of a 56mm lens scope.

New optional extras:
Fitted with Black Sun IR pill + £35
Fitted with Black Sun Ruby pill + £35

The default layout is for a right handed shooter who would activate the switches with his left hand. The layout can be reversed for lefties.

The two seriously quiet latching push switches have been moved below the battery/monitor pod, the inner switch is the optics. They are positioned close together so they can be pressed simultaneously or individually: There will be occasions when the rig can be used covertly during that 'in between light' that's not quite enough for the human eye but there is still stacks of IR light at dusk or dawn - or bright moonlight at low ranges without using the illuminator.

The three power modes of the illuminator are selected using the outer switch in the same way that noisy click tail cap switches are used in 'T' torches. My silent IR power switch is much better for very close bunnies that have gurt big ears. The switch is conveniently positioned within thumb reach of the left hand that cradles the forestock. This means the rifle can be shouldered before silently turning on the IR which is often not thought about because the light is not seen from behind the scope.

The beam can be zoomed tight/long distance or wide/short distance by rotating the head of the torch.

The rig takes 3 FLAT TOP 18650 rechargeable batteries - not supplied, and best removed when not in use: If something happens to any of them its very easy to change without losing use of the rig for a few days while the failure is repaired - and I don't get sued if one goes bang. I personally use 'free' cells from recovered laptop battery packs - but if you don't have one to pull apart these are a good value buy:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222204405077

And these are about the best you can get:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Pana ... 3039586968

They are easily fitted and changed in seconds, this is how to access the electronics box:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNOhhMY1UsE.

The 'base' of the battery/monitor box is laminated with a second layer of ABS sheet solvent welded inside it where the torch body is clamped through it to make for a seriously sturdy module fixing that's not going to flop around or snap any mounting legs if the rifle rig is rested on it - or even picked up by it. :angel:

https://youtu.be/mwpf-tVs2po

The very highly rated genuine KPC E700 camera is located in the rear part of my unique and original design DSA which comes with four split collars. It will suit scope eye bell diameters up to a maximum 46mm (Now fits over MTC knuckles) the collars can be used on top of each other if required. The clamping forces of the thumbkey strap Day Scope Camera Adaptor is staggering... You can even lift the rifle with it - though that is highly unlikely to be done by anyone not showing how the clamping force keeps the crosshair centre screen. :lol: Or someone borrowing my demo idea elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y0HySOTyXk

Here is a video of one being made from solid acteal rod on a CNC lathe costing well over £40K:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=417c1YZES5w&t=8s

The rear most threaded part is a tight friction fit into the camera adaptor - pull it out real hard if you need to extend the eye relief or focus
the camera lens - but draw some of the captive cabling back under from under the cable retaining O-ring in the groove first.

A three core ribbon cable passes between the two modules: I have deliberately made it long enough to fit longer scopes and wrapping it around the scope avoids it getting snagged in the dark. The connecting plug has a peg so you dont fit it the wrong way - I fit the socket so the white wire is on the right hand side: White is easier to see in the dark, just mentally think: white to the right. :angel:

It is supplied with one of these scope rail adaptors that you will ideally fit ahead of the scope turrets which is the best place to site a monitor that is easier to focus the crosshair onto the quarry if its near your usual reading distance. The clamping part is 21mm wide, the rail is 45mm long which will allow the front module to sit further forwards than is shown in a photo above. If you want to fit the rig to other rifles you will need one of them for each rifle - they make a handy mount for lamping torches too. I can supply extra one's with the order at £10 each.

Experience has shown the batteries can sometimes shift slightly under hard recoil from some centrefire rifles, so I will not claim they are suited for hard recoil centrefire use. However I'm pleased to say I eventually found found some tighter 18650 battery carriers that seem to be doing a much better job at retaining them: To the point that one sometimes needs to assist the neutral coil spring push the cell onto the positive terminal by sliding it 'forwards' by thumb. They are best removed when not in use because the power switches have a very light and silent action that can be accidentally left on to discharge the batteries. Its also a very good idea to recharge them after every use anyway.

I prefer people to ask for one on this sales thread - then via PM as it helps my old brain keep track of who had what and when. It also affords some buyer protection when others can see an order has been placed and fulfilled, and comments can also be placed or seen by all members

RMSD is £13.

As from April 2018 the 5" 800x480 monitors in my rigs will have the clear screen protector replaced with neutral density filters fitted between the screen and outer moulding. This allows less than 20% of the LED backlight glare through so is very relaxing to the eyes and of course more covert too. If quarry is looking in your direction it will be looking at the illuminator glow.

I currently reduce the brightness of the monitors to about 5% but this may be revised if customer feedback suggests a preference. When initially exploring a new rig in daylight it might appear a little dim. It is best to wait until you can assess it at night while using the illuminator at the high power setting before adjusting the screen brightness using the menu buttons behind the monitor.

Bottom line disclaimer: These type of monitors are not rain proof regardless of who makes what rig with them - sorry but I cannot accept water damaged monitors as a warranty issue.
Last edited by some bloke on 09 Mar 2019, 12:24, edited 45 times in total.

Ah8217bris

Re: KwikFit Add On Night Vision rigs - reduced prices for 2017

Post by Ah8217bris » 29 Jan 2017, 20:37

PM sent for kwikfit with blacksun ir and two adaptors.

Ah8217bris

Post by Ah8217bris » 30 Jan 2017, 19:15

Money sent - looking forward to it

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 30 Jan 2017, 22:03

Ah8217bris wrote:Money sent - looking forward to it
Posting tomorrow thanks. :thumbup:

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 04 Feb 2017, 22:31

Edited. See first post with revised details for the new model.
Last edited by some bloke on 18 Nov 2017, 20:31, edited 12 times in total.

timr

Post by timr » 09 Feb 2017, 18:09

yes please to the evo without the torch head -
thanks tim

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 09 Feb 2017, 18:46

Yours Tim thank you. :thumbup:

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 15 Feb 2017, 14:27

Last edited by some bloke on 18 Nov 2017, 20:30, edited 11 times in total.

Baldy

Post by Baldy » 27 Feb 2017, 09:39

Hi Dave, thanks for the help.

Please could I order the Black Sun T50 version At £273 posted RMSD?

Cheers

Ian (Baldy) :)

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 03 Mar 2017, 19:01

Last edited by some bloke on 18 Nov 2017, 20:30, edited 4 times in total.