Pulsar n550 problem

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
10willd

Pulsar n550 problem

Postby 10willd » 08 Jan 2018, 18:40

My n550 went to a blank screen when I fired a shot last night it’s never let me down before I took the battery out overnight and tried it again but still the same the screen lights up and flickers on and off occasionally but no reticle or display and doesn’t show anything even if you wave you hand in front of it it’s mounted on a .204 is that the end of it or is it repairable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuchs

Re: Pulsar n550 problem

Postby Fuchs » 08 Jan 2018, 19:41

Hi

I had a similar issue with my N750 and although out of warranty, Scott Country sent it back for repair. Pulsar was not able to repair but offered me a brand new replacement for £400. I took them up on the offer. The replacement had a slight issue sometimes when switching on and this was replaced with another brand new unit under warranty (which is for sale by the way, unopened if you are interested....)

Fuchs

hairlesshunter

Postby hairlesshunter » 08 Jan 2018, 21:14

I had the same problem as you with my n550 I sent mine back to thomasjacks it cost £125 and they sent me a replacement but it did take 8 months :shock: you said this was down to just missing the the earlier shipment to pulsar

Mr Roberts

Postby Mr Roberts » 11 Feb 2018, 19:32

I bought a new 970lrf from Optics Warehouse back in October 2017 when arrived had a crack in the range finder body and when switched on had 4 dead pixels in the screen, Optics were really good, said to send it back but didn't have a replacement there but would get one sent direct from Thomasjacks, received the replacement 4 days later, switched it on only to find i had a screen that flicked off then came back on start up from the Pulsar logo then had a black line running through the top of the screen. This one was also in the post next morning for return. Thomas offered to get it looked at but i declined and got a full refund.
I think when you are spending £1500 on a scope you want it to work properly the first time let alone 2 being damaged. I don't think Pulsars are worth the money they are but that's my opinion.

Return to “Sales and wanted items, swaps, e.t.c”