Drone pro 10x used 2 times

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
Foxpig

Drone pro 10x used 2 times

Post by Foxpig » 15 Apr 2018, 11:15

I have a drone pro 10x used twice 12 months old . Colour filter . No ir original box and extra hard case.
What's it worth . Looking to sell.
As new condition .

Dave333

Re: Drone pro 10x used 2 times

Post by Dave333 » 15 Apr 2018, 11:23

is it a 'Drone pro by Flir' or a proper original high spec one? thanks
"he's not the messiah,he's a very naughty boy"

Foxpig

Post by Foxpig » 15 Apr 2018, 11:33

How could I tell. It just says armsight drone pro 10x

Coling

Post by Coling » 15 Apr 2018, 11:38

If you bought it off Carl Moore that would be a start and have you got the paper work for it .
Has it been a replacement or had a repair any information would be good it gives people more confidence to buy

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 15 Apr 2018, 11:40

If it's 12 months old and bought from Carl Moore at NVG then it will be an original Armsaight Drone Pro - i.e it will have the OLED display and not the FLCOS display.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Foxpig

Post by Foxpig » 15 Apr 2018, 11:54

Bought brand new from this country . Trying to find receipt as I do have it somewhere.
Please give me an idea on what it's worth. Roughly will do

Coling

Post by Coling » 15 Apr 2018, 12:32

I think £1450 would be a good place if it’s a good example and it has the OLED display

Foxpig

Post by Foxpig » 15 Apr 2018, 12:35

Thanks very much
I may put it up for sale in the next few days for about 1400 then. Many thanks

bradleyhardacre

Post by bradleyhardacre » 15 Apr 2018, 19:19

What are the concerns between the 'original DP' and the later ones? e.g. why is the later screen bad-news re the earlier? What more is there to consider in addition to the screen? I have opportunity to buy one of the 'special few' available to order from Flir with the 'new screen'. It appears that may not be in my best interests. Can't tell you how much I respect you guys input on such matters...

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 15 Apr 2018, 20:59

The background to this is that the original Drone Pro used an 800x600 OLED near eye display.
These displays are much more expensive than the other common type of near eye display which is known as FLCOS.
The image quality of the OLED display is generally considered superior to an FLCOS display of the same size and resolution.
After Armasight was bought out by FLIR, it appears that there were moves to reduce the cost of production of the Drone Pro by replacing the OLED display with an FLCOS display.
Night Vision Gear who were the importers of the Drone Pro resisted this change and insisted that the the Drone pro continue to be manufactured with the OLED display.
AFAIK the Drone Pros that were being manufactured for the UK market continued to have OLED displays, whilst all the other Drone Pros were built with FLCOS displays.
FLIR then decided to cease production of the Drone Pro because it wasn't making any or enough money. The final date for orders of new Drone Pros (with FLCOS displays only) was February this year
Night Vision Gear ceased to be the importer and, I believe, ceased trading. Sure 24 became the importers, but the only new Drone Pros they were selling were fitted with FLCOS displays.
The cut off date for last orders passed a while ago, but it seems there are still a few new Drone Pro kicking around in the USA which Sure24 appear to be able to get their hands on and sell here.
The UK has always been the strongest market for the Drone Pro - maybe even stronger than the US market.
I'm very familiar with the OLED display but have not looked through a Drone Pro with the FLCOS display so I can't give a direct comparison, but I honestly don't think there will be much difference, and if you've never looked through a Drone pro with an OLED display you won't know any different.
The Drone Pro was, and still is, absolutely the best digital NV scope available and I don't believe that fitting a different technology display has changed that.
If you have the chance to buy one I would not hesitate to recommend that you go for it.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR