ADDONIGHT

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
anthony

Re: ADDONIGHT

Post by anthony » 21 Sep 2018, 08:44

its the same as all the others that are selling them mate :thumbup:
Theoben Rapid 7 Mk2 fac 30ftps 3-9x50 AG + AWT Silencer
Ruger 10-22 / Tasco 3-9x50 AG + Gen3 Dipol
CZ 17 HMR / Tasco 3-9x50 AG + PVS14
223 Sabbatti Lightweight sporter Nikon Monarch 3 4-16x50 SF + PVS14

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 21 Sep 2018, 09:15

I think Snoopys point is that if you buy it from a seller in the UK you have a lot of legal rights if something goes wrong with it - i.e repair/replacement/refund
If you buy it direct from China and it goes wrong you'll be throwing it in the bucket.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

sauer

Post by sauer » 21 Sep 2018, 09:22

My query still stands if anyone can answer it

If you buy one 2nd hand that has been purchased from a UK retailer and you have original box & receipt ... are you still covered by warranty not being original purchaser ?

Paul

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 21 Sep 2018, 09:27

I'm honestly not sure - it seems to vary from supplier to supplier.
If the receipt doesn't have the original purchasers name on it then it might be easier, or you could always say it was a gift from the original purchaser

Cheers

Bruce

snoopy

Post by snoopy » 21 Sep 2018, 09:53

a 'life time guarantee' is transferable for the pre determined life time of an item.

limited life time warranty is non transferable for the pre determined life of the item..

the 76 consumers act applies even if they say ''its on the web page that it doesnt apply to me'' (if it contradicts the law it isnt worth the spit its written in)

the main points being, if it's advertised as 'UK' stock it comes under uk law. (its technically an offence to say its some where its not)
as UK stock the following applies..
1. your not to be out of pocket on faulty goods, i.e. they pay for return postage..or your bus fair or your petrol etc..yahhh! yes your bleedin fuel lol.
2. you return it to the point of sale. (not the manufacturer or his aunty in china or any where but where you bought it from)

if its in china and states china, chinese law applies...your entitled to pay the return postage. (not as bad as you think..5-10'ners...)

the problem with buying from china is..3 weeks it arrives, a week later it goes back faulty, 3 weeks there, a week at that factury followed by 3 weeks back again...it can be a 3 month affair or longer if its a shit place.

buying second hand...ermm, it has to work, by law...i.e. no returns sold as seen? ermmm.. by law IT HAS TO WORK.....so your actualy wide open to sue, yu know sues yu in court when you sell ''broken' 'for spares n repairs'..argue this all yu wants, dem judges say you pay lol.

last but not least 'no returns'.. this applies to, you can return an item for no bloody reason within a week..or two weeks, i forget which, unless they state no returns. but, heres the humdinger the sign has to be big enought and visable enough...blah blah blah.. wittawl tiney secret print on page two wont do lol.

so to recap...selling goods as spares repairs broken..oooooo only needs a smart arse wth a solisiter.

edit, missed a vital bit.

the warranty..3 month 6 month 12 month..ooo eextended... hmmmmmmmmm?? theres a shelf life on the things you buy, e.g. a fridge or washer etc, they have 10 year on them,this is not the warranty, this is they not brake!, but hat covers major things like the casing snaps, the concrete in the washer crumbles away etc, it's like a general they have to last ''warenty'' that is there by law.

.....................then you sign the warenty in the box, that sais ''fuck you yu lost that its now only covered for 12 month..har har and ner ner'. its a i will fix things that ware out or brake prematurly...for 12 month instead of 10 years, other types stipulate repair services etc that arnt on the shelf life thing...or are they? dum sum dahhhhhh!

look into it...theres something for everyone lol.
'who is that masked man? its the kemosabby der..the bloody injun tells you every week!'

anthony

Post by anthony » 21 Sep 2018, 13:56

i just had an email back from pard and they said they offer 2 years warranty You send it black and they repair or replace for you.
but i'm waiting for them to get back me about 2nd hand units. see if you still covered by warranty if your not original purchaser?
Theoben Rapid 7 Mk2 fac 30ftps 3-9x50 AG + AWT Silencer
Ruger 10-22 / Tasco 3-9x50 AG + Gen3 Dipol
CZ 17 HMR / Tasco 3-9x50 AG + PVS14
223 Sabbatti Lightweight sporter Nikon Monarch 3 4-16x50 SF + PVS14

CustomRifleScopesUK
TRADER MEMBER

Post by CustomRifleScopesUK » 16 Oct 2018, 20:57

Hi Guys,

Obviously the Addonight AKA NV007 has not been out long enough, time will tell if the manufacturers put money where mouth is.
However I have like i said before had no big problems other than 1 sent back and a replacement given without waiting as the guy was desperate
to clear out rats from his perm. I have also personally repaired a few with quick turn around within days......all in all the units are very good quality and PARD have been keeping their promise. So less than 1% of my sales have had any problems, thats good % for a Chinese manufacturer :thumbup:

CRS

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 16 Oct 2018, 21:24

Glad to hear that.
I must admit to having had a look inside mine and was pleasantly surprised by the build quality.
PS - it went back together easily and worked perfectly :lol:

Cheers

Bruce

Cliff Ray

Post by Cliff Ray » 17 Oct 2018, 13:12

CRS,

You returned one and repaired a few, which must be a minimum of 3, so at least 4 faulty which is less than 1% of sales.

Are you saying you have shipped over 400?

Just checking to see how reliable these really are.

Cliff

CustomRifleScopesUK
TRADER MEMBER

Post by CustomRifleScopesUK » 17 Oct 2018, 15:29

Cliff Ray wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 13:12
CRS,

You returned one and repaired a few, which must be a minimum of 3, so at least 4 faulty which is less than 1% of sales.

Are you saying you have shipped over 400?

Just checking to see how reliable these really are.

Cliff
Read the statement again, I am saying less than 1% I’ve returned to PARD as the others were minor !

CRS