1/1.8" CMOS camera RunCam Night Eagle (Black & White Video Only, No Color)

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
Clunge

Re: 1/1.8" CMOS camera RunCam Night Eagle (Black & White Video Only, No Color)

Postby Clunge » 11 Sep 2017, 10:35

Experimenting with the WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) settings might help you a bit with the whiteout ishooos.

I'm also waiting for a Night Eagle. From what I can gather, they are a CMOS sensor (not so good), with a CCD output package (good), asurface area 2.8 x bigger (good) than the e700 and a similar resolution (good) so the sensor pixels will be ~3x bigger. Presume would need to use a slightly longer lens than on an e700 to get the same FOV.

superslack

Postby superslack » 11 Sep 2017, 12:53

The photon uses a cmos and has excellent sensitivity so I don't know that cmos is bad. However it uses a small sensor so the fov is awful.

We need runcam to include privacy masking in the osd so they can be used as a scopeless sight.

CustomRifleScopesUK
TRADER MEMBER

Postby CustomRifleScopesUK » 11 Sep 2017, 13:02

superslack wrote:The photon uses a cmos and has excellent sensitivity so I don't know that cmos is bad. However it uses a small sensor so the fov is awful.

We need runcam to include privacy masking in the osd so they can be used as a scopeless sight.

Second that about the privacy masking !

snoopy

Postby snoopy » 11 Sep 2017, 14:24

side note about cmos, a mate has just hqad some 1080p cctv cams, nothing swarve like, but with the ir filter removing iris thingy, they pick up infrared a treat, i was impressed, we tried the AS osrams in a T38 and wow yup they work.

(cmos is suposed to be equal to and surpassing ccd nowadays).

the problem is recording/veiwing the 1080p on something worthy of its image quolity.
'who is that masked man? its the kemosabby der..the bloody injun tells you every week!'

superslack

Postby superslack » 11 Sep 2017, 17:57

Any updates on the Astro version? With the 2x integration the shutter speed is 2/60 or 30 frames per second. That should be ideal for max light gathering and still have smooth video.

I sent runcam a message about privacy masking. I don't think they have it on other cameras so I don't know how hard it would be to add. They did develop an osd for the owl 2 so who knows.

snoopy

Postby snoopy » 11 Sep 2017, 19:03

superslack wrote:Any updates on the Astro version? With the 2x integration the shutter speed is 2/60 or 30 frames per second. That should be ideal for max light gathering and still have smooth video.

I sent runcam a message about privacy masking. I don't think they have it on other cameras so I don't know how hard it would be to add. They did develop an osd for the owl 2 so who knows.

isnt 2/60 standard pal? as in british TV does exacly that verses americas 30 frames, each frame lasting for twice as long?
'who is that masked man? its the kemosabby der..the bloody injun tells you every week!'

superslack

Postby superslack » 12 Sep 2017, 13:23

1/50 is pal. 1/60 is ntsc.

Runcam replied and said they would forward my request for privacy masking to the related department.

Perhaps they will add it if they get enough requests.

CustomRifleScopesUK
TRADER MEMBER

Postby CustomRifleScopesUK » 12 Sep 2017, 14:56

superslack wrote:1/50 is pal. 1/60 is ntsc.

Runcam replied and said they would forward my request for privacy masking to the related department.

Perhaps they will add it if they get enough requests.

If you give me that info to I will also try then. I will also add that I will stock them if they do it !

Crs

sysrover

Postby sysrover » 15 Sep 2017, 09:16

Night Eagle is out of stock in RunCam.
They say that soon will be Night Eagle 2.
Hope its will be better.
There is technology that used in Pulsar Digisight, making better sensitivity with reducing image resolution.
They get for example 1024x768 and make 640x480 but summing nearest pixels light.
If runcam make this, its will be the best choice for sights.

superslack

Postby superslack » 16 Sep 2017, 01:07

hmm...hopefully they are adding OSD and privacy masking to the new version. Probably won't :roll:

Return to “DIY Nightvision”