Test post - please comment or add an image

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
Midnight.Sun

Re: Test post - please comment or add an image

Post by Midnight.Sun » 03 Jan 2018, 02:20

To eliminate the links of the hosting websites (or any advertising link) from right under the images you want to post, simply hit on (Img) from the posting shortcuts, and it will type this: Image

Perfect, nothing clickable, not even the image.

Midnight.Sun

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 03 Jan 2018, 10:21

Thanks for that, for myself and others who struggle to post an image here. :thumbup:

Could you maybe type what we need to add in bold or different colour to the correct link - and leave spaces that we simply close up?

Midnight.Sun

Post by Midnight.Sun » 03 Jan 2018, 12:25

Those steps:

About direct links

The following is an example for what a direct link LOOK LIKE! Basically/Usually it starts with "http://" and ends with the image extension type ".jpg" in this example, which is a link (Dave) previously posted in this thread.

When you remove everything in Red it becomes LIKE a direct link format.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Dave-G/ ... e71qdm.jpg.html]

NOW, this link will not work because it wasn't originally created (here by PhotoBucket) as a direct link. It is a "Forums Hotlink" (or whatever they're called).

For this new/old style of posting you'll need to choose the "Direct Link" format (or the simple or base link) from the list of usable links that PhotoBucket (or any other image host) shall provide when the user uploades a picture.

Dave,
You shall find all the direct links of your uploaded pictures somewhere in your PhotoBucket account. Hopefully.

Midnight.Sun

Midnight.Sun

Post by Midnight.Sun » 03 Jan 2018, 14:21

Regarding the Direct Links issue!

I edited and added stuff above ^ , after experimenting and trying to change some Non-Direct-Links into Direct ones, without success. So you need to choose the Direct Links (short, basic, simple) from the links list when you upload an image to an image hosting website.

Midnight.Sun

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 03 Jan 2018, 17:01

Thanks for that detailled explanation, never noticed the forums Img tab here before. :angel:

Trial image post using the forums Img tab, first attempt using the first photobucket email & im link (top):

Second attempt using the second photobucket option direct link (second link)

Works for me. :clap:

Anyone else wants a practice post with an image feel free to do it here. :thumbup:

Midnight.Sun

Post by Midnight.Sun » 03 Jan 2018, 23:34

You're welcome, glad to help..
I found it by accident a few days ago when I was posting a screenshot of a website in another thread, although I thought it was a lot nicer than the way I used to post images before, but I didn't think it was worth mentioning, until I read this thread.

Maybe worth mentioning, after a few posts now (getting used to it), maybe it's easier to:

Same thing.

Midnight.Sun