Homemade nv scope 2

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
hutty33

Re: Homemade nv scope 2

Postby hutty33 » 24 Mar 2017, 20:17

Thanks gents

tdea1388

Postby tdea1388 » 25 Mar 2017, 01:09

The pics are not showing on my computer... :wtf:

Markmaceo1986

Postby Markmaceo1986 » 07 Jan 2018, 12:51

Hello I'm new to the site so I don't no if I'm in the right post.
I have a homemade nv setup 5 Inch screen bullet cam etc.
Have it the last 3 years no problems. Had it on a swift premier 3x9x40. Worked great on it no problems. Had to use it on 3x mag. Decided to change scope for a s and b 8x56 fixed scope 30 mm tube. Tried my nv on it but can't get a clear pic on screen at all. The crosshairs are clear but everything else is blurry. Tried focusing lens on camera no joy.tried moving camera closer and further no joy.
Tried eye relief as well but still no good. I no the camera is good as it works on my swift scope.
I'm stumped as to where to go next .
Please if there's anyone that can help I'm getting calls off farmers left right and centre to cull foxes but I'm out of action with this . (Foxes are well lamped and can't get a shot without it )
Cheers

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Postby some bloke » 07 Jan 2018, 13:11

Markmaceo1986 wrote:Hello I'm new to the site so I don't no if I'm in the right post.
I have a homemade nv setup 5 Inch screen bullet cam etc.
Have it the last 3 years no problems. Had it on a swift premier 3x9x40. Worked great on it no problems. Had to use it on 3x mag. Decided to change scope for a s and b 8x56 fixed scope 30 mm tube. Tried my nv on it but can't get a clear pic on screen at all. The crosshairs are clear but everything else is blurry. Tried focusing lens on camera no joy.tried moving camera closer and further no joy.
Tried eye relief as well but still no good. I no the camera is good as it works on my swift scope.
I'm stumped as to where to go next .
Please if there's anyone that can help I'm getting calls off farmers left right and centre to cull foxes but I'm out of action with this . (Foxes are well lamped and can't get a shot without it )
Cheers

Welcome to the forum, whilst it would have been better if you'd started your own post we all had to learn somewhere, I'm sure the original poster won't mind a newbie gatecrashing his thread. :angel:

You'll need to use a scope that has either front or side parallax to be able to focus the image, ideally It should focus down to about 10m because Infra Red light focuses closer than daylight.

Until you get said type of scope there will be a set distance that your fixed focus scope will focus at - I anticipate that would be in the 50 to 70 yard range.

Return to “DIY Nightvision”