ADDONIGHT

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
deerwarden

Re: ADDONIGHT

Post by deerwarden » 11 Jul 2018, 10:52

One thing about Clive Ward is that he WANTS to ensure you are happy with his products, and his after sales service. I had an issue with a night-vision unit I bought from him, and Clive immediately replaced the item. He gets a lot of flack at times but all the products I've bought from him are first rate, I wouldn't hesitate to buy again from him. He has also taken items out there and refined them to his high standards, Bruce is also a mine of information, and speaks as he finds detailing any issues out there he feels are good or not so good. I would be more than happy with either guys thoughts and recommendations, even though I have been involved with with the electronic industries for over 30 odd years. deerwarden

CustomRifleScopesUK
TRADER MEMBER

Post by CustomRifleScopesUK » 11 Jul 2018, 12:20

cliveward wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 16:43
muntjackdjb wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 13:56
Are these the same as the warden adder?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Nope. ;)

Cheers

Clive

Nope ;) ?

What does that that actually mean Clive????

I have purposely kept off your adverts to keep the peace in this forum and had no reason to advertise on here myself for my ADDONIGHT units are flying off the shelf, may be something to do with honesty towards customers, but as you’re here butting in on my units, you can answer some questions, in the public eye while your here, please don’t try your usual trick and use others to answer your questions, divert the questions or not answer at all.....looking at many of your posts this happens!

It is now law to not mislead customers and is written down in the 2008 consumer rights act

Link here- http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008 ... tents/made

and here for easy reading - https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... asic-rules

Now being a sponsor of this great forum has its responsibilities, it is your duty to be transparent and forthcoming with your customers about units you sell, I am hoping you will give your customers the answers they have every right to know, as it’s their hard earned money you will be taking.

If it’s the brilliant out of this world service you supply then great Clive, if it’s a triple coated lens that’s better….fantastic, or upgraded software mod like flux capacitor digi zoom or different type 47mm bayonets , wink wink Clive ....oh im doing it now LOL

These questions below to you are from customers, who have a right to know, like Davec with his ipad that wants to know more than he does LOL , Villaman, muntjackdjb, and many others who are being confused with smoke and mirrors.......oh and question 3 is aimed at me more than anyone else, as you wrote me and other sellers a letter of design infringement, its another month and i am still waiting your reply, i know you received it, you signed for it?

So here are the questions that your potential customers want to know:-
1) Is your “Warden adder scope cam” made in the same factory as the “Addonight”, as you are implying mine are “imitations” ....YES or NO ?
2) What are the differences between the two units other than name, both specification sheets look the same and customers want to know where the extra hundreds of £££ are going ?
3) Now this question is in public interest and it has to be given on request from anyone asking, you have stated that the “Warden adder scope cam” is of registered design, so documentation number please as it is a legal requirement to show it if you advertise it?

3 Simple answers please Clive from you and you alone, as it will be great to have you back ?

CRS

Nightowl

Post by Nightowl » 11 Jul 2018, 21:56

I look forward to a reply on this one!!!!
atb brian

RELOADER54

Post by RELOADER54 » 11 Jul 2018, 22:38

download (1).jpg
download (1).jpg (8.25 KiB) Viewed 1163 times

Mini Magnum

Post by Mini Magnum » 11 Jul 2018, 23:01

I bought one out of interest from China to check and to be honest there a great little unit, work perfect , i’ve tried a few scopes with it now, and they do not have the legs of an E700 based add on, but out to 200-250yds there good and the image looks better under this distance, eye shine is better , although they can lag a bit at higher mag under low IR and the built in Illuminator throws well out to 150yds, compact and record in mp4 format which is perfect for macs.

This is no knock on Clive or you Ashley but I cannot see how there’s £200-£250 difference between units, as in what could warrant the price difference from the original base unit. If anything it’s going to be very minor.

CustomRifleScopesUK
TRADER MEMBER

Post by CustomRifleScopesUK » 12 Jul 2018, 07:36

Yes, very minor, like the 47mm bayonet sleeve that I will also be getting in stock shortly, or the 0.5 increment zoom software update rather than 0.1 in the older units, giving the user higher step jumps. So rather than 1.1 1.2 1.3 and so on up to 3.5, you will get, 1.0 ,1.5, 2, 2.5 and so on up to 3.5, so it’s a software upgrade that I will also have .........Still think I’m not talking to the same manufacturer and that my units are imitations, telling people that copies are out there that are dangerous is slander when you know they are not !

Still waiting for you you answer Clive ?

Crs

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 12 Jul 2018, 14:53

Thank you for the confirmation.

As you seem fully aware, the Adder specification is indeed our work. Especially interesting as you mention a couple of points such as the new clamp and zoom steps in the software. These are just 'some' of the points in our Adder specification which is entirely our own work. None of these changes would be made unless we had specified them at the ODM factory. It's that simple.

The fact that you are proudly boasting that you will also sell this specification, quite honestly has me lost for words. Proudly boasting publicly that you are happy to make money off of someone else's hard work, knowledge and ingenuity. :shock:

Then lets move onto the 47mm bayonet clamp. The only ones in existence are manufactured to our manufacturing drawing...I know this because I personally drew it! Again you proudly boast that you will sell these as well! If selling an item manufactured using a competitors manufacturing drawing isn't IP theft then I literally don't know what is? :o I'm absolutely beyond amazed!

So well done you. You seem to know a bit of the new Adder specification. :thumbup:

But here's something interesting. You don't know all of it and even more interesting is that even the ODM factory don't know all of it because, for one we are not complete morons and secondly we need to make engineering improvements here in the UK for quality, but mostly for product safety purposes.

If you are not making changes to any unit here in the UK, then they don't conform to safety standards and you are putting yourselves and your customers at risk. No point asking your overseas contacts what these might be, because they don't know! I haven't told them! :shh:

You'll have to do your own work and get one of your units to a product safety testing lab and find out for yourself and then organise the necessary recall. :thumbup:

And that sort of brings us around to pricing. If we didn't have to do any work whatsoever in terms of design, testing, modifications, safety, performance, etc. and were just buying a bog standard factory item...we could also flog it dirt cheap as well. Even cheaper if we didn't have the pesky annoyance of wages, rent, rates, tax, VAT, insurance, etc., :roll:

Come to think of it, we could sell cheap rifle mounted range finders if we wanted to...but we don't. I wonder why? Maybe we have tested them? Or maybe we are just acting like gentlemen and had already decided against it long ago as there is already a small company doing that in the UK and thought we'd leave them to it as they have actually put a bit of their own effort into that. :roll:

Cheers

Clive

B&W FOX

Post by B&W FOX » 12 Jul 2018, 18:21

Its a bit like Wimbledon watching this bounce from one end of the court to the other.
I could always recommend a good legal team in Lincolns Inn, WC2 if were still on the court topic. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gunnybedford

Post by gunnybedford » 12 Jul 2018, 20:40

Personally I think people should stop stoking the fire and leave this alone, there is no benefit in two suppliers having arguments in this forum, it is not the purpose of this forum ! or have i missed the point ????

Any issues on IP and copyright can be addressed in private via other means.

I can understand the frustration issues like this can cause, but really its a simple choice, you go with whichever supplier you think is best, be your priorities cost or after care and service, you make the choice and pay your money.

When you buy a car, you make decisions based on certain criteria, you wouldn't walk into a Mercedes or BMW dealership and start ranting and raving over the fact that their cars cost more than a Vauxhalls for instance, or question why they cost more ?? even though they are both cars, with four wheels, an engine and steering wheel ??

lets leave it alone and talk about matters that's going to help improve our night shooting......

villaman

Post by villaman » 12 Jul 2018, 23:12

gunnybedford wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 20:40
Personally I think people should stop stoking the fire and leave this alone, there is no benefit in two suppliers having arguments in this forum, it is not the purpose of this forum ! or have i missed the point ????

Any issues on IP and copyright can be addressed in private via other means.

I can understand the frustration issues like this can cause, but really its a simple choice, you go with whichever supplier you think is best, be your priorities cost or after care and service, you make the choice and pay your money.

When you buy a car, you make decisions based on certain criteria, you wouldn't walk into a Mercedes or BMW dealership and start ranting and raving over the fact that their cars cost more than a Vauxhalls for instance, or question why they cost more ?? even though they are both cars, with four wheels, an engine and steering wheel ??

lets leave it alone and talk about matters that's going to help improve our night shooting......

I disagree with your post and I think you have missed the point . We the customers need to know what is the difference between the two and why one is a lot more money than the other

We all know why you pay more for some cars so in my mind that is a stupid comparison