Cross hair position using an Addonite

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
CustomRifleScopesUK
TRADER MEMBER

Re: Cross hair position using an Addonite

Post by CustomRifleScopesUK » 16 Oct 2018, 20:43

Hi Guys, i have all sorts of shapes and sizes of collets for the Addonight ( AKA NV007 ) now

Mostly i have been making them to size for customers as i go, these new ones are made out of a special nylon so less likely to scratch your precious scopes :thumbup:

Harleyman

Post by Harleyman » 19 Oct 2018, 07:36

Hi, agree with all that has been said about positioning the clamp, but nobody has mentioned that there is a ccrosshair centralising software feature in the menu set up which you can use easily to adjust the apparent position of the cross hairs vertically and horizontally.

owl

Post by owl » 19 Oct 2018, 09:01

Harleyman wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 07:36
Hi, agree with all that has been said about positioning the clamp, but nobody has mentioned that there is a ccrosshair centralising software feature in the menu set up which you can use easily to adjust the apparent position of the cross hairs vertically and horizontally.
Does this feature enable centralisation of the viewed image of the scope’s reticle, or is it adjustment of the Addonight unit’s crosshairs that can be brought up on some models via the menu?

To add that the Warden Adder doesn’t appear to have the latter feature that I can find in the menu - perhaps there’s a software update in the pipeline?

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 19 Oct 2018, 09:04

It allows adjustment of the addonight reticle on the screen via the menu
If your view of the scope reticle is not centred on the screen then you need to mechanically adjust how the addonight is mounted on the scope.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

owl

Post by owl » 19 Oct 2018, 09:18

Thanks Bruce, as I thought then.

CustomRifleScopesUK
TRADER MEMBER

Post by CustomRifleScopesUK » 19 Oct 2018, 09:48

owl wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 09:01
Harleyman wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 07:36
Does this feature enable centralisation of the viewed image of the scope’s reticle, or is it adjustment of the Addonight unit’s crosshairs that can be brought up on some models via the menu?

To add that the Warden Adder doesn’t appear to have the latter feature that I can find in the menu - perhaps there’s a software update in the pipeline?
Just to add information for you, the crosshair is quite cleverly done on my version ( not sure about others ) it stays central to the screen so it doesn’t look odd and the whole screen view shifts and the crosshair stays, however this is limited adjustment as you could not possibly move 100moa but you can move 200 aprox pix left to right and 66 up down, wish it was the other way round as more elevation is best as most rifles sit true to the scope. So in theory you do not need an adjustable base.

I have made one of these units into a dedicated nv riflescope and added a bigger AO lens and it works great, but I did fit a Drew adjustable mount to the bottom of it to make adjustments easy. Not that you cannot do the adjustment on screen but I wanted fast elevation adjustment when shooting different ranges. I do have a photo of it but I’m away for a few days so limited to this phone !......I may produce a few but waiting for PARD to bring their new dedicated unit out as I think they will have a better version as they are the experts :thumbup:

Kind regards CRS

Harleyman

Post by Harleyman » 19 Oct 2018, 11:17

Hi, i am getting confused now. The Addonight reticle keeps getting mentioned, but surely it doesn't have one, at least mine doesn't. What you see is the scopes crosshairs and it is this image that you are centralising on the screen. The mode in the menu screen is "Reticle Centre Position Adjustment" and is the first item on the menu list on my unit, and i assume that it is intended for doing exactly that, centreing the image of the crosshairs in the screen to account for any slight imperfection in the alignment of the clamp onto the scope. This is what i did with mine when i mounted it onto my new Hawke scope, image was off centre, and i used that function to cenralise it and all was good. Two bunnies with head shots at 100yds last night maybe wished it wasn't though!

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 19 Oct 2018, 11:33

Depending on the firmware version, the addonight can generate it's own reticle - which can be turned on and off, and you can adjust it's position.
However, your description of being able to adjust the position of the scope cross hairs on the screen is intriguing - I had always assumed that the only way to get the scope cross hairs in the centre of the addonight screen was by physically adjusting the position on the ocular of the scope.
What Shane from CRS is saying appears to confirm your findings.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

CustomRifleScopesUK
TRADER MEMBER

Post by CustomRifleScopesUK » 19 Oct 2018, 11:39

phoenix wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 11:33
Depending on the firmware version, the addonight can generate it's own reticle - which can be turned on and off, and you can adjust it's position.
However, your description of being able to adjust the position of the scope cross hairs on the screen is intriguing - I had always assumed that the only way to get the scope cross hairs in the centre of the addonight screen was by physically adjusting the position on the ocular of the scope.
What Shane from CRS is saying appears to confirm your findings.

Cheers

Bruce
You are quite right Bruce, you can use the crosshair for both, it is primarily designed for lining up the crosshair but can be used as a dedicated crosshair :thumbup:

BRYAN3

Post by BRYAN3 » 19 Oct 2018, 11:54

PARD are obviously very clever people so perhaps they will make a decent Youtube to show how to use these things.
After all we spent 3-4 hundred quid on these things.