Ooh, new shooting truck

Show off your shooting truck or ask general related questions here
hairyyoda

Re: Ooh, new shooting truck

Post by hairyyoda » 30 Jun 2018, 13:24

Useful bit of kit you have there Adam, saves a lot of problems in moving awkward stuff about :thumbup: and must save a fair bit of muscle power as well.

Thanks
Phil
ImageImage

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 30 Jun 2018, 20:14

Its amazing phil. In that first pic we had a birch snap in half in the wind so i just drove out picked it up and drove back through a three foot gate into the yard

With a muck grab it fits in individual pens

Our jcb can lift it over a drystone wall with minimal overhad clearance

I used it to cut turf, lay flag stones, carry trees, i made fire hose reel for it when we emptied a fishing pond, transfared a couple of tons of soil from the jcb bucket through a garden gate and round the back of the house, lifting and loading ton bags of firewood, pulling fenceposts then chucking em in the trailer it was towing.....theres just no end to its talents
oslon black drivers
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 26 Aug 2018, 18:29

:wave: Need a bit of extra traction when you might be out and about and up to your knees in the slippery stuff :thumbup:

P.S. should have also included that "the asking price is just short of £60,000" :think: :thumbdown: :lolno:

Thanks
Phil
ImageImage

bobjs

Post by bobjs » 28 Aug 2018, 19:34

i wouldn’t pay £6 foot it, it’s a land rover,

bob
known by many. liked by some. hated by a few.what would you do,who cares lets get out shooting
WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it.

http://lupusuk.org.uk/donate-now

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 28 Aug 2018, 20:54

Bob,
I totally agree.
Even worse, it's "yankeefied" land rover, so now it will break down with country and western music playing on the stereo, and a redneck will get out saying "goddam brit shit" :lol:

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 01 Sep 2018, 21:12

:wave: Bobjs said "I wouldn’t pay £6 for it, it’s a land rover" Phoenix said "Even worse, it's "yankeefied" land rover" :o :shock:

I am not pro or anti of the later/new type Land Rovers but :idea: :think: I would think that if an objective person run the numbers on the total production numbers since 1947 i'sh and consider how many individual countries the Series L/R's were exported to :think: a non biased view would consider the L/R's production to have been a decent success for the British car industry.

A Series L/R was good enough for Churchill to drive about in :thumbup: and most people would be very hard pressed to find major faults with any "used for work L/R up until the introduction of the TD5 engines"

L/R's were not designed for delivering a bunch of flowers to a penthouse in Chelsea they were intended to be a "working vehicle that would shake rattle and roll and carry people and any kit on or off road etc. etc.

And another plus point that the designers of the L/R's threw in for good measure included that they "were PTO or hydraulic drive or overdrive friendly" you don't get that free facility on any other imported 4 X 4 :?:

I might be wrong (I doubt it) but on horses for courses issues/use a well maintained Series L/R will serve anyone well :thumbup: , very basic but very uncomplicated :thumbup: half a dozen spanners a few sockets and a trusty lump hammer and you to could be crossing the Gobi up to your arse in sand :wtf:

Thanks
Phil
ImageImage

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 01 Sep 2018, 21:17

MY 1966 2a could still cross the Gobi today phil
oslon black drivers

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 01 Sep 2018, 21:32

sunndog wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 21:17
MY 1966 2a could still cross the Gobi today phil
Adam, the steel and aluminium use in 1966 was of better quality then than the refined bake-o foil spec of todays materials, probably more pride in peoples workmanship back then as well :?: Remember always buy a vehicle that was made around 11:30 on a Wednesday morning :thumbup:

Thanks
Phil
ImageImage

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 01 Sep 2018, 21:38

Yep that's it mate

Before they split from the rover car company land rover were peerless. Their R@D department world leading for many years after
All the parent companies used them as a cash cow with no investment and the lads on the production line throwing things together because there was no pride in the job
oslon black drivers

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 01 Sep 2018, 21:47

I can speak from my own experience of working in several countries in Africa where all the Land Rovers I saw (and there were quite a few) were lying discarded in junk heaps whereas I didn't see any Landcruisers in junk heaps. The Landcruisers - including a lot of the Tonka toy early models were still driving around.
The Landrover may have been a British success story in the 1950s and 60s when there were lots of ex colonies where Britain still had considerable influence, but it's comfort and reliability failed to keep pace with it's competitors (principally the Land cruiser) resulting in said piles of junk.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR