Drone vs pvs14

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
Chrissmith0881

Drone vs pvs14

Post by Chrissmith0881 » 15 Apr 2018, 13:41

I am considering a pvs14 for my foxing at the min I use a drone pro and a vulpine add on I would have to sell both of these to fund the pvs so my question is would I be wise doing this? I don't want to sell my drone the regret it. Has anyone got or used both these nv units and what's your thoughts?

Cheers in advance

Chris.

Coling

Re: Drone vs pvs14

Post by Coling » 15 Apr 2018, 14:27

Ive had a Pvs14 and a envis and own 2 drones and I wouldn’t go back to the Pvs14 for the simple reasons the drone will have the best picture when atmospheric conditions are bad and will kill the picture on the Pvs14 the drone allows you to shoot Day or night and is not damaged by stray light its the best out there for long range shooting imho as for the Pvs14 you would have to get the right scope, ir to make sure you are getting the best performance and for me that would be the stac 2.5x17x56 and a dragonfly laser
Regards
Colin

Chrissmith0881

Post by Chrissmith0881 » 15 Apr 2018, 14:44

I have a stac and a dragonfly as that is what I use my vulpine with!

Coling

Post by Coling » 15 Apr 2018, 15:42

Ask about see if there’s anyone with a 14 then you could attach it to your combo and try before you buy but as I said in my previous comments I sold in favour of the drone and I know that Dave warbucks has as it’s the top performer out there at the moment imho and I know one thing if I sold mine I would regret it

warbucks

Post by warbucks » 15 Apr 2018, 17:55

Hi Chris.

Dont sell the Drone pro 10x, to buy a pvs 14 ------the Drone pro 10x is about the best foxing n/v out there and can be used in daylight should you need to.
I owned a pinnacle pvs 14 for 5 years, tubed add on's need lasers to work on high mag, these's torches spill too much light, and this causes "white out", i used mine with the Dipol l3 laser and the n1000 ap laser, if the Dragonfly laser had been available them, thats what i would have used with it, i was getting no where near the range and clarity with the pvs that im getting with the DP, all them scope lenses that its to go through just kills the light gathering abilities of the gen 3 tube, a Longbow is miles better here as it has a scope specially designed for it without as much lenses to go through but these's are silly money.
When there is a lot of water in the air like its been nearly every night for the last 2 weeks, digital and tubed add on's really struggle, ive had to pack in several outings with the Wardy 700, with the DP 10x its performance is down but there arnt many nights where it wont do 150-200 yds, its biggest down fall is the field of view can be a bit narrow if the fox is close and on the move, but then you have the magnification for the long shots (you carn't have every thing).
I also had a x3 military lens to go on my pvs, when conditions were perfect you could see for miles without illumination, but a 3 mag you couldnt id at range what it was, quick look with the DP confirmed what it was-----so the pvs isnt as gooder spotter as thermal, not a patch on the DP, and other than quarry standing out against the back ground no better than a Wardy add on.

Dave (warbucks)

bobjs

Post by bobjs » 16 Apr 2018, 11:44

Don't do it.

simples...there is nothing out there to touch the drone.

bob.
known by many. liked by some. hated by a few.what would you do,who cares lets get out shooting
WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it.

http://lupusuk.org.uk/donate-now

jackal1

Post by jackal1 » 17 Apr 2018, 10:31

warbucks wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 17:55
Hi Chris.

Dont sell the Drone pro 10x, to buy a pvs 14 ------the Drone pro 10x is about the best foxing n/v out there and can be used in daylight should you need to.
I owned a pinnacle pvs 14 for 5 years, tubed add on's need lasers to work on high mag, these's torches spill too much light, and this causes "white out", i used mine with the Dipol l3 laser and the n1000 ap laser, if the Dragonfly laser had been available them, thats what i would have used with it, i was getting no where near the range and clarity with the pvs that im getting with the DP, all them scope lenses that its to go through just kills the light gathering abilities of the gen 3 tube, a Longbow is miles better here as it has a scope specially designed for it without as much lenses to go through but these's are silly money.
When there is a lot of water in the air like its been nearly every night for the last 2 weeks, digital and tubed add on's really struggle, ive had to pack in several outings with the Wardy 700, with the DP 10x its performance is down but there arnt many nights where it wont do 150-200 yds, its biggest down fall is the field of view can be a bit narrow if the fox is close and on the move, but then you have the magnification for the long shots (you carn't have every thing).
I also had a x3 military lens to go on my pvs, when conditions were perfect you could see for miles without illumination, but a 3 mag you couldnt id at range what it was, quick look with the DP confirmed what it was-----so the pvs isnt as gooder spotter as thermal, not a patch on the DP, and other than quarry standing out against the back ground no better than a Wardy add on.

Dave (warbucks)

The Longbow isn't a specially designed scope, it is just a cheap hakko scope that happens to work with n/v tubes.

Sussexsteve

Post by Sussexsteve » 18 Apr 2018, 07:49

I sold my pvs14 in favour of the drone. I sold the drone in favour of wardys wt1 75-3. I agree the longbow is overated and overpriced !