Warden adder

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
pav

Warden adder

Post by pav » 17 May 2018, 11:40

Ok lads it arrived yesterday so was keen to give it a quick go now I only shoot air riffles and I had it on a very cheep Hawke scope (the same scope worked very well with the d700) first impression was it's a nice small unit don't no how they fit everything into it read instruction very quickly looked in box thought no shims just a roll of tape thought oh well buttons bit small if you got big finger could be a nitemare in dark but you soon get used to them now up on north York moors there not a lot of light pollution it's very dark so stuck it on got xhairs clear a bit thick for my likeing scope on 4x mag on board ir on and it's not to bad laserd dry stone wall 235 yards but was very hazy could just make out rabbits tryed to zoom scope stopped at 6x was a blur put the t50 with as pill not much better on 4x it feels like it's on 8x mite be just the scope but carried on started shooting some rabbits very usable on 4x mag even at 90 yards with fac impact got a bit footage il sort it on utube now this was just first time out Iv probaly got to do some tweeking now there some positives and negatives only my personal view the battery on board ir and recording is a big yes for me it's a great unit for airgun and rimmy ranges with the scope im using with better gear I'm sure you will get better ranges cheers ...now don't be to harsh on comments lads

camo304

Re: Warden adder

Post by camo304 » 17 May 2018, 12:24

pav wrote:
17 May 2018, 11:40
Ok lads it arrived yesterday so was keen to give it a quick go now I only shoot air riffles and I had it on a very cheep Hawke scope (the same scope worked very well with the d700) first impression was it's a nice small unit don't no how they fit everything into it read instruction very quickly looked in box thought no shims just a roll of tape thought oh well buttons bit small if you got big finger could be a nitemare in dark but you soon get used to them now up on north York moors there not a lot of light pollution it's very dark so stuck it on got xhairs clear a bit thick for my likeing scope on 4x mag on board ir on and it's not to bad laserd dry stone wall 235 yards but was very hazy could just make out rabbits tryed to zoom scope stopped at 6x was a blur put the t50 with as pill not much better on 4x it feels like it's on 8x mite be just the scope but carried on started shooting some rabbits very usable on 4x mag even at 90 yards with fac impact got a bit footage il sort it on utube now this was just first time out Iv probaly got to do some tweeking now there some positives and negatives only my personal view the battery on board ir and recording is a big yes for me it's a great unit for airgun and rimmy ranges with the scope im using with better gear I'm sure you will get better ranges cheers ...now don't be to harsh on comments lads
Thanks for the review Pav, can you do a video then i can compare it to this vid i have here.

pav

Post by pav » 17 May 2018, 12:42

Just trying to put some on utube now

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 17 May 2018, 12:58

Hi Pav,

Thanks for the review. That's what we need...normal just 'stick it on what you have' performance. :thumbup:

The built in IR does focus via push pull on it's bezel. I've also found it boosts performance when using an external IR to use the built in as well if you need to push the range even further or have a less compatible day scope.

I did some testing last night and even got it to work perfectly well enough on a fixed focus S&B 3-12x50 with a Black Sun Ruby BR20 helping out.

Even with that worst case scenario type scope it was usable out to 250 yards and picking up eyes in the distance at 400-500. It was also in focus 'enough' from around 30 yards. 8-)

I tried something new for me last night, and that was using the unit off the rifle as a spotter as I drove around. No problem spotting things and very easy to clip the unit onto the rifle for the shot.

Cheers

Clive

pav

Post by pav » 17 May 2018, 13:50

Yes with better scope and ir it's a very capable little unit but I only shoot airguns so what I have does me fine the downloaded footage makes x hair look a lot finer atb allan

telf

Post by telf » 17 May 2018, 17:06

pav wrote:
17 May 2018, 12:42
Just trying to put some on utube now
Did u get any footage up pav ,cant find any other than clives

pav

Post by pav » 17 May 2018, 17:20

Not yet windows movie maker not to clever at min but still trying

telf

Post by telf » 17 May 2018, 17:35

Ok bud

pav

Post by pav » 18 May 2018, 00:10

put a quick video on the hunting section

jdk1

Post by jdk1 » 18 May 2018, 10:35

I picked one up from Clive yesterday and first impressions are that it is a really nice light little unit :thumbup: , the only problem I had was within 10 minutes of getting home and starting to bugger about with it I managed to change the menu to Chinese :oops: , a quick pm to Clive and it was all very quickly put back to English so I could carry on playing , I have got a micro sd card coming today so hopefully I will get a bit of filming up over the weekend , I managed to get my phone linked up to it on the Wi-Fi and although I thought it would just be a gimmick that I wouldn't use I can see that this will actually come in handy on some occasions.