Clive ward

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
seanw226

Re: Clive ward

Post by seanw226 » 23 Jul 2020, 09:25

So the saga continues, my advice to anyone wanting to buy one of these scopes from Clive Ward or anything off him needs to think hard before you part with you hard earned cash, he's quick to take it off you but not so quick to reply to you or sort out faulty goods which he sold to you.

He's had my scope for 6 weeks now, as per usual I had to chase him up to see what was going on as he couldn't be bothered to tell me.

Another email sent last Friday for a remedie before I take court action, hasn't replied, voice message left on his mobile as he won't answer phone.

Clive is either arrogant or just poor at running a business. You only have to do an Internet search on this scope and people will see this and steer clear plus there's social media, come on Clive let's get this sorted before it gets messy and drawn out.

Regards

bumpy22

Post by bumpy22 » 23 Jul 2020, 19:24

Tried contacting two weeks or so ago. spoke to receptionist twice with no return call. Shocking way to run any buisness

John_fes

Post by John_fes » 24 Jul 2020, 18:26

Fully understand your frustration and annoyance however has anybody recently heard from Clive as Ashford is in a bad way re Covid-19 in Kent.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/ ... ur-230941/

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 24 Jul 2020, 21:11

Clive sent me a pm the other day and we had an e mail conversation for a couple of days thereafter relating to some technical stuff pertaining to illuminators
He did say he had not been on the forum much recently due to being "rather busy in a very difficult time"
Whether that was personal or just a general comment I don't know.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

seanw226

Post by seanw226 » 24 Jul 2020, 21:38

Ok let's blame it all on Covid. You have to remember that Clive was dreadful at after sales way before covid come along! Please don't jump on the covid bandwagon! I'm talking about an email, a phonecall its 2020 for christ sake, I can facetime someone on other side of world if I want to. The only way i can get hold of him is by coming on here and tell people how shit he is, low and behold he finally replied to my email tonight, seems this forum and Friday night co incides with each other for some reason.

So please stop making excuses for him, he sold me a duff unit, he took my 4k and now thinks he can fob me off by telling me he has just sent it to china and now I have to wait how many months?? I don't think so, would a car company leave me with no car for 6 months? No I'd get a loan car at least, at this rate I can't shoot at my permissions in the dark til November time, unless I put my hand in my pocket again and buy another thermal scope, come on people especially you Bruce, you got another 4k to spend on another scope? I can blame covid on that one mate.

Do you know how long it took me to get my permissions, what I had to do, what I promised the land owners and I can't do a bloody thing cos I trusted this pillock with my 4k, yeah I'm pissed off! So don't make excuses for him.

Mini Magnum

Post by Mini Magnum » 25 Jul 2020, 01:22

seanw226 wrote:
24 Jul 2020, 21:38
Ok let's blame it all on Covid. You have to remember that Clive was dreadful at after sales way before covid come along! Please don't jump on the covid bandwagon! I'm talking about an email, a phonecall its 2020 for christ sake, I can facetime someone on other side of world if I want to. The only way i can get hold of him is by coming on here and tell people how shit he is, low and behold he finally replied to my email tonight, seems this forum and Friday night co incides with each other for some reason.

So please stop making excuses for him, he sold me a duff unit, he took my 4k and now thinks he can fob me off by telling me he has just sent it to china and now I have to wait how many months?? I don't think so, would a car company leave me with no car for 6 months? No I'd get a loan car at least, at this rate I can't shoot at my permissions in the dark til November time, unless I put my hand in my pocket again and buy another thermal scope, come on people especially you Bruce, you got another 4k to spend on another scope? I can blame covid on that one mate.

Do you know how long it took me to get my permissions, what I had to do, what I promised the land owners and I can't do a bloody thing cos I trusted this pillock with my 4k, yeah I'm pissed off! So don't make excuses for him.
Thats the downside with dealing with China, there an absolute nightmare to get things repaired, Clive either repairs a WT himself or returns it to China for repair... total ball ache..either way.. I feel sorry for both of you..

Muskett

Post by Muskett » 28 Jul 2020, 11:37

seanw226,,,take a chilly pill.

You have bought and used one of the best thermal rifle scopes done. Had over a years good use and its picked up a fault. Clive gives some of the best warranties in the business, and stands by them.
Annoying for everyone is that China is in closedown, and anyway return to factory was always going to take at least four weeks if not longer.
By all accounts these units rarely have faults so thats a tad unlucky, but it will get sorted.

Absolutely, its frustrating. While you are waiting then no reason not to cover your permissions the old ways. A lamp or even get a cheapo digi Pard 008 to tide you over. Frankly Thermal is all too easy and the lazy way :wtf:

Your hissy fit does you no favours. Anyone who has followed NV over the years knows Clive's poor communication issues but there is no evidence he has let people down or been dishonest. Something you are accusing him of. I'm sure it will get resolved as the history indicates these issues are.
As for the communications thing then would you want to pay for Clive to have a secretary to pander for your "I want it now' needs?
To me Clive has been at the forefront of bringing new NV kit to the market and given competition and found progress when there was scant. As a consumer I''ve, and a lot of others, have benefited hugely from that fact. Why he gets my support.
Every NV piece of kit has had some issues whoever the manufacturer or marketing agent. Frankly service support has got better over the years and some of that if due to Clive backing his goods where as others have been wanting. To me at least Clive isn't one of the bad guys.

So put your teddy back in the pram and wait a bit longer. No huffing and puffing is going to get it done faster. (I ordered some parts from China seven weeks ago. Nothing special. And they are still in transit! C-19 is causing problems.)

Mini Magnum

Post by Mini Magnum » 28 Jul 2020, 11:39

Muskett wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 11:37
seanw226,,,take a chilly pill.

You have bought and used one of the best thermal rifle scopes done. Had over a years good use and its picked up a fault. Clive gives some of the best warranties in the business, and stands by them.
Annoying for everyone is that China is in closedown, and anyway return to factory was always going to take at least four weeks if not longer.
By all accounts these units rarely have faults so thats a tad unlucky, but it will get sorted.

Absolutely, its frustrating. While you are waiting then no reason not to cover your permissions the old ways. A lamp or even get a cheapo digi Pard 008 to tide you over. Frankly Thermal is all too easy and the lazy way :wtf:

Your hissy fit does you no favours. Anyone who has followed NV over the years knows Clive's poor communication issues but there is no evidence he has let people down or been dishonest. Something you are accusing him of. I'm sure it will get resolved as the history indicates these issues are.
As for the communications thing then would you want to pay for Clive to have a secretary to pander for your "I want it now' needs?
To me Clive has been at the forefront of bringing new NV kit to the market and given competition and found progress when there was scant. As a consumer I''ve, and a lot of others, have benefited hugely from that fact. Why he gets my support.
Every NV piece of kit has had some issues whoever the manufacturer or marketing agent. Frankly service support has got better over the years and some of that if due to Clive backing his goods where as others have been wanting. To me at least Clive isn't one of the bad guys.

So put your teddy back in the pram and wait a bit longer. No huffing and puffing is going to get it done faster. (I ordered some parts from China seven weeks ago. Nothing special. And they are still in transit! C-19 is causing problems.)
He never ordered from China... He ordered from Clive a UK business..

Like I say its a shit situation , and its one of the major downfalls from dealing with Chinese companies, importing and warranty repairs is a nightmare, that's if they have parts to repair also.

Muskett

Post by Muskett » 28 Jul 2020, 17:38

I'll start with the good news: my China order arrived today 71/2 weeks later :thumbup:

Sure the OP's order was placed with a UK company and the product has a UK warranty. However, that still doesn't mean a faulty product doesn't have to be sent back to factory to get fixed. If it isn't fixed then recourse reverts back to the UK company and they can sort out anything further. Loads of products don't have servicing facilities in every country. Heck, there are plenty of agents that take their cut to import goods but still don't keep stock for warranties. Well luck if they do and who is going to have high priced items just sitting around? In the case of NV where advances are coming fast then three year warranties are pretty generous. Got to be a pretty big retailer with massive turnover to give "lifetime no questioned asked" warranties, and when they do happen then thats costed into the product. Niche market products of this sophistication often aren't so easily fixed and may well take sometime.

Its the world of retail and consumers. I don't run a shop. All I'm suggesting here is that to get the problem fixed is going to take yonks. Spitting nails all over the place isn't going to speed things up.
Mini Magnum your one of the good ones, and Clive is one too. As you suggested in earlier posts its pants for all sides when ta warranty fix situation take "forever".

I'm sure when the units back from China Clive will pass on the good news; in the mean time chilly pill time.