Mini magnum

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Mini magnum

Post by sunndog » 22 Feb 2021, 16:19

i was refering to the hope of finding someone face down dead in a field but he may have posted that then edited it out before everyone saw it as was his habit.
when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

Hunter2019

Post by Hunter2019 » 22 Feb 2021, 19:56

Madhatter wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 14:45
I am disappointed that Mini Magnum has gone. He appeared to be passionate about n/v and wanted people to know about products , good and bad . About promoting Pulsar , he obviously had a preference but pointed out their frailties,in fact, he stated that the iray had better long range detail. I have bought off several suppliers , not mini magnum though , I have no connection at all , just my opinion gathered from here .What has happened has left a bitter taste . It appears Clive can come on here and claim his product is the best thing since sliced bread and no one can refute his claim or you will be banished.It appears the only time Clive makes an appearance on here is when he’s pushing his products or explaining why people haven’t recieved their goods, usually blaming everyone else, Ian at least offered advice , experience and most definitely his opinion . As Ian was saying put it up against another similar unit.yes Ian was passionate and I believe wanted us to to have the best bang for our buck.It appears this forum is run and backed by the Clive Ward and Cliff Ray fanboy club.
Have you read his comments I've got screenshots if you want to read some of the ignorant petulant moronic comments. Clive Ward Cliff Ray fan club are you having a laugh it's got nothing to do with that. He slags products off, slags the country of manufacture off, slags anyone who offers an opinion slates everyone's reviews. He was nothing but a bully and hypocrite In regards to passionate only passion he was interested in was getting his kicks off with abusive comments.

jthyttin

Post by jthyttin » 23 Feb 2021, 07:40

Wasn't going to post, but hey ho...

Ian has very very rose tinted glasses regarding products he sells. He seems to test a lot of gear and only sell what he selects out (based on performance, value, support... don't know if profit was also criteria) But after that he's pushing them very aggressively. I've caught him up with few blatant lies, and lately he tried to boost his credibility by lying about his sales volume (this is my educated guess, having some idea about size of the UK NV market).

Based on few years of active reading and participation, Clive continues to provide real R&D and value to UK NV community. Not just selling products that other people make. There was single incident, from technical POV, that seemed questionable (when NV007 was brought to market). And yes if you expect next day delivery don't order from him. Some products might show up quickly but some might take few months (I have experience, but I knew what to expect, frequenting this forum, and was prepared to wait).

Regarding forum admins, I've not found them to favor any sellers. And there's no restrictions about products or "mild advertising" from sellers that are not site sponsors.

jdk1

Post by jdk1 » 23 Feb 2021, 08:21

Madhatter wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 14:45
I am disappointed that Mini Magnum has gone. He appeared to be passionate about n/v and wanted people to know about products , good and bad . About promoting Pulsar , he obviously had a preference but pointed out their frailties,in fact, he stated that the iray had better long range detail. I have bought off several suppliers , not mini magnum though , I have no connection at all , just my opinion gathered from here .What has happened has left a bitter taste . It appears Clive can come on here and claim his product is the best thing since sliced bread and no one can refute his claim or you will be banished.It appears the only time Clive makes an appearance on here is when he’s pushing his products or explaining why people haven’t recieved their goods, usually blaming everyone else, Ian at least offered advice , experience and most definitely his opinion . As Ian was saying put it up against another similar unit.yes Ian was passionate and I believe wanted us to to have the best bang for our buck.It appears this forum is run and backed by the Clive Ward and Cliff Ray fanboy club.

What a load of bollocks !!! , this is probably the best moderated forum i have ever been on and over the years the only people that have managed to get banned from here have been total nut jobs bellends or like Ian the inability to play nicely.

BUNNYBLASTER6

Post by BUNNYBLASTER6 » 23 Feb 2021, 13:53

Well, I'll take the unpopular view of missing his input. He certainly had strong and abrasive opinions but he gave honest reviews of units he tried in the field.
Mike

frank666

Post by frank666 » 23 Feb 2021, 14:22

BUNNYBLASTER6 wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 13:53
Well, I'll take the unpopular view of missing his input. He certainly had strong and abrasive opinions but he gave honest reviews of units he tried in the field.
Mike
Me too mate, I've bought stuff off Ian and spoke to him on the phone a few times and he was spot on with me.
Everyone seems wound up tight as a banjo string at the minute, no wonder with with this virus job.

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 23 Feb 2021, 15:19

I agree too. It was a shame he forced the ban upon on himself :roll:
when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 23 Feb 2021, 16:09

Unfortunately he occasionally gets into a tantrum which undoes his good posts, then perhaps realises what he's said and the way he said it is OTT and edits it out PDQ - which is completely unacceptable. Its like insulting someone in a pub full of people then pretending he didn't do it - but everyone watching saw it.

Anybody who thinks men having male friends makes them bum boys has issues.

I imagine he really goes potty about TV adverts - like the baby in nappies telling moms how brilliant fairy liquid is. :lol:

Silent Shooter
FOUNDER

Post by Silent Shooter » 23 Feb 2021, 16:15

I don't think some of you have been following all that has been going on over the last weeks/months,we have recieved multiple complaints about Ians behaviour towards other members and he left us NO CHOICE but to ban him.

I have also spoken to Ian on the phone and must agree on those occasions he seemed a nice chap,but on the forum he just had one view on everthing (his own)

Geoff

mmbeatle

Post by mmbeatle » 24 Feb 2021, 01:57

Its a shame you guys have decided to do this but being a member of this informative forum i think it had to be done

The ranting must stop and it should now

Hopefully now people will see more informative treads with out someone jumping on ready to trash what they are saying

There is now more options with night vision and thermal out there for all forum members

This forum is the best and most informative out there with unbiased feedback on all nightvision