Hey foreign guys...Yankee question

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
rodp
NON EMMET

Re: Hey foreign guys...Yankee question

Post by rodp » 28 Jun 2016, 21:25

Midnight.Sun wrote:Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Rod, you're a very stubborn, and have a real bad influence, I'll scramble my post further with you, even that I'm using a phone.

Of course nothing I write is personal mate, you have all my respect and admiration, even if we can't find anything common in political views.
rodp wrote:
Midnight.Sun wrote:Great, brilliant, according to this unquestionable facts (just like all the recent extreme right numbers and promises), you did a great job to leave those "LAZY" countries, and please do everyone a favour and deport all the Greeks and Polish and from the ex Soviet states citizens back to the EU,Don't worry, we'll be trying very hard to do just that That's fascist talk, that's exactly what the Nazi said about the Jews. I don't know if you're native British, but if you weren't, and you were just a regular expatriate worker citizen, how will you react to such speech? I'm willing to bet you on 1 £ that you are far better than this talk. (I lowered the bet just so that hopefully you would accept to lose it ;) ).Yep, Black Country first, then English then British whom -by the way- are doing all the craft and handy work for you, the EU knows how to benefit from them, without complaining about helping them to develop their homelands which will eventually add strength to the EU.Which we don't really want to be involved with Absolutely fine and your word was spoken and respected in the referendum, but please respect the opinion of the other ~ 15 millions UK'ers who voted the opposite.If the other 15 million you mention want to help build the eu up then let them, just don't get spending my families money on it And by then you can live happily ever after with your lazy Arabs and Pakistanis -all the stanies- merchants and their raised cults (only just very few in numbers, right? Those don't cost your economy a dime?) who are all the time busy praying, preaching, educating, and planning their next holly conquest, and enjoy their usual tribal tradition of back stabbing, of course while their women -that you are never allowed to see- are inside their homes nursing and religious rais the next generations.

Why don't you blame who is really taking your hard earnings? Why everything is triple the cost inside the UK? I don't see that in the EU, I wonder where all that money goes?! To the Eastern Europeans citizens I bet!!!!!! It appears we send quite a bit to support their children back home, is that fair? You're not sending them anything, they are working and living with their families in UK just like everyone, both you and them are paying tax to the government, protest against it "IF" it was truly spending it that way inside the EU, instead of going on your fellow citizens. And I don't see you ask where's all the big money going?
We send child support abroad to the children of polish workers over here, they become entitled to it after 3 months (?) Large haulage company round here stopped hiring eastern european drivers because of this, it was causing major problems with British drivers. Is it right one parent moves here for just long enough to get the claim in and we pay for his family back home?
To the richest and the more important among you that's where, to the big corporations and banks inside your country, to the British tax heavens like Cayman Island and Virgin Islands, and to Panama Banks and low firms, that's where.[/color]

The East don't measure everything with gold and cash, history and culture is all we fight and die for. That's why we're the 5th largest economy in the world, and you're not Good for you, may you be No1 for all i care... We are not, so what?! I can't care less for now, we and our ancestors were born here, that's our country, that's our mentality, that's our place in the universe, and we love it, we were happy just to live peacefully in it, but apparently that didn't satisfy some fascist Islamic Ideolojy, and their imperial operators in your innocent humanitarian West !!!???!!!.

Greece is home to the first advanced civilizations in Europe and is considered the birthplace of Western civilization. And we were the birthplace of industry, and that brings the money in Would you have ever done it, without the classic Greek philosophies and basic science??!! Yes, would have just taken a little longer

After the Turkish conquest, many Byzantine Greek scholars, who up until then were largely responsible for preserving classical knowledge, fled to the West, taking with them the large body of literature.

As for occupationS, which nation can claim to have ever occupied more land than Greece under Alexander??????? The British empire? NEVER, never was bigger than the Byzantine Empire. Yours maybe more modern and useful, yes. But look at it now, vanished like all the previous ones,why? Because all occupations will die, and the lands will eventually go back to its original inhabitants. Correct, and this is what will happen to the eu, and we don't need to be involved in supporting failing countries while it all collapses

Also, following up the refugees deal between EU and Turkey, it seems it can't be ever far from happening, more to the Turkish side, and to the EU cunning traps, the only cash they're willing to pay for is the fuel of the ships that will return the refugees to Turkey, which by its turn will eventually -compelled and defeated- will send them to Saudi Arabia and Qatar, and if the EU will pay, the UK too will have to pay its share Why ? Other countries wealth, or lack of, is absolutely nothing to do with us. Why you ask!? The answers are there in the following lines, which you apparently missed, maybe I wasn't clear enough, i'll color them and write some additions for you. , and the US should also be forced to pay, thats the least penalty price because those western governments -yours included- calling themselves Syria's Friends encouraged the Syrian Islamists to try to topple the government in Syria (whichever government in Syria at any time to come, even if the president's name was Abra-Cadabra, will never accept Islamic Ruling in Syria), and they backed the Gulf States and Turkey for that goal, that penalty is the least the west owes to those whom they lead to destroy their entire lives. Damn sure your western governments deserve to pay, as they never got confused and shortened the support until after they saw their failure and their madness and back-warded minds, and after the bankruptcy and demolition spectre started to fly over Saudi Arabia. Not to mention also playing sleazy childish games with Russia in "her" Ukrainian backyard, and forcing sanctions too, and moving strategic facilities inside Eastern Europe by the NATO, and you ask why and what?!!!! What do they want, another 1989 ? That's going to cost only the planet this time, i can only guess. The west needs to learn to stay away with your democracy, the East is not ready for such political structures, you're not fooling anyone, it's all destruction you are causing, that's what the west want apparently. Does the west want to dictate Islamic Sharia on Syria? Every single militant will be killed mercilessly, even if this war lasts forever. And if the east had been hundreds of years in front of the west instead of the other way round, what would the east have done?

The recent Greeks economy is known for its peak ups and downs, go back and check the numbers between ~ 2000 ~ 2013 or so -as I remember- there were times it was one of the highest growth rate -or maybe the highest- in Europe, UK included, so the current period won't last for long, because the Greeks are warriors and are now just taking a warriors break. Good for them, hope they make it big, but don't hold your breath They are responsible for their actions, I wish them all the best, and I believe they will.

(Swinging on the East countered. With integrity.)

---

Now... I wrote the following two sentences the last time i visited this thread (The following day to the Brexit) and some of you might have read it then before I edited and replaced it. I'm repeating it now:

"Both sides have lost, but the UK lost a lot more. IMO" I wouldn't bet on that if I were you, if our Government act in our best interests, instead of their own, UK will make it big again You completely misjudged me here Rod, i was just saying my opinion. I wish your country all the best in its new independent track, I actually don't like to call it independence day -like you did- cuz in my heart GB was never an EU state, NEVER, it was just in the continent and I wanted it to play its role in history making and cooperate with the other European Nations, didn't want it to isolate it self, anyway you have different opinion, and you -of course- would know whole a lot more than i do.

"Both sides are strong and will continue, and all you're hearing now about the EU fall apart is just a British right wing propaganda to make their huge (careless, selfish) mistake look easier on the British people." Time will tell, it's all down to getting someone in power with some bottle I wish the parliament and leading party chooses the best man possible for the job.

I don't assume you meant someone with some bottle to destroy the EU, though it would be a very good plan. Take them Europeans by surprise
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I edited and replaced it fast with "all parts have lost" because I didn't want to be among the ones to speak early -amid the crisis- about the aftermath, but now everyone is.

The global trust in the UK is big, but not to an extent that it can take any more extreme right wing falls. IMHO.
Gosh, that was quite hard to do on the weak phone processor.

And as you say, nothing personal here, we're all allowed our opinions
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

Midnight.Sun

Post by Midnight.Sun » 28 Jun 2016, 21:49

hairyyoda wrote:Have a think about this "circus event" for a dull idea ?
The cost of the European Parliament decamping from Belgium to Strasbourg, France, once a month runs to more than £100m a year.
It is perhaps the most outlandish of the European Union’s excesses; a £130 million travelling circus that once a month sees the European Parliament decamp from Belgium to France.
Over the course of the weekend, some 2,500 plastic trunks will be loaded on to five lorries and driven almost 300 miles from Brussels to Strasbourg.
On Monday, about 1,000 politicians, officials and translators will then make the same journey on two specially chartered trains hired at taxpayers’ expense.
A few thousand more will go to Strasbourg by other means, as the European Parliament switches from Brussels, its permanent base, to its “official” home in northern France.
For the first time, the full detail of this “madness”, contained in official European documents, can be disclosed today and the price to taxpayers is astonishing.
In all, the EU admits that the monthly Strasbourg sitting, which lasts just four days, costs an additional £93 million a year. The Conservative Party in Europe, which is leading a campaign to abandon it, estimates the cost a little higher at £130 million, or about £928 million in the seven-year cycle of an EU budget.
Among the costs are £250,000 a year to transport the plastic boxes containing documents, diaries and other items from Brussels to Strasbourg and back again. The boxes are left outside offices in Brussels on a Friday evening, collected by a courier company and driven to Strasbourg, where they are unloaded and left outside offices there. The process is repeated in reverse on Thursday evening.
It is thought it costs up to £200,000 for the EU to charter two express trains to take officials, MEPs and others there on a Monday morning and back on a Thursday afternoon. The trains stop only once at an airport in Paris to collect or drop MEPs and no ordinary member of the public can get on board, for a train which arrives in time for parliamentary sessions beginning in the afternoon.
Many of the details are contained within a report into the “financial and environmental impact” of operating two parliaments, which was overseen by Klaus Welle, the secretary-general to the European Parliament, its top civil servant. Mr Welle had been requested by MEPs to give an accurate figure on the costs of two parliaments amid a growing clamour to scrap one of them.
The report shows how taxpayers foot the £2.5 million bill for relocating freelance translators from Brussels to Strasbourg and back again, including costs of travel, accommodation and other expenses.
Providing catering services in Strasbourg costs an additional £1 million, while extra medical support comes to some £330,000.
In Strasbourg, extra money is needed for computers and IT support and for maintenance and security of the sleek parliament building, which was completed in 1999. In total, the cost of looking after the French buildings and infrastructure and other charges comes to about £50 million a year.
One source suggested that before each session begins, a maintenance crew visits every bathroom and turns on and off every tap to make sure no pipes have been blocked since they were last used and to rid the pipes of stale water.
A spokesman said that the maintenance teams looked after the building just like any other.
About 100 people are employed in Strasbourg full-time, even though the European Parliament meets for 12 sessions, each lasting four days, a total of only 48 days each year.
But during those four-day sessions, the circus is in town. About 5,500 people pour into Strasbourg; not only politicians and officials but lobbyists, too.
Hotels in Strasbourg typically double their rates when the EU comes to stay. Last week, the Hilton Hotel in Strasbourg was offering rooms at £82 for Sunday night, but this rose to a cheapest rate of £161 a night for Monday, when the sessions begin.
One MEP said he booked his accommodation a staggering five years in advance to ensure obtaining a room at a reasonable rate.
For an EU obsessed by climate change and its possible effects, more embarrassing is the report’s admission that “10,200 tonnes of CO2 per year would be saved if Strasbourg were no longer used as a place of work”.
That is the equivalent of 12,000 cars driving around the circumference of the world.

There is no hope for mankind, it's just a question of when and what time of the day the end will come ?
Phil :thumbup:
Does this need any thinking! :roll:

Thanks for the information, seems that the Brexit was a big and long awaited wake up call for those people, at least on cutting costs as a start, hope they do all the reforms needed.

I'm not a supporter for EU or anything, I don't even know so much about it, although I do think it's a lot more good than bad, and will be better after the wake up call for big reforms, and I think from the little I knew about the EU that it will lead eventually for a great and stronger than ever Europe, and I hope everything will be back to normal between you and them fast.

This Brexit issue catched my intention because of the forum, watched a little bit of BBC & CNN news is all i did, and they said that the Brexit is some kind of a disaster, BBC is starting to deal with it as a reality after all, and trying fast enough and gradually to adjust with, which is logical.

All the best for the future, I'm starting to feel that it will be great for you because that's the way your country always was, and you achieved the best results when you were alone sailing across the globe. :thumbup:

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 28 Jun 2016, 22:26

Thermal hunting forum

https://thermalhuntingforum.com/

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 28 Jun 2016, 23:11

EU Bureaucrats outnumber the British Army by more than two to one "and probably by a lot more than that ?"

A study released by the Open Europe think tank, which wants to control the influence and scale of the EU, has found that 170,000 people now work for EU institutions.
The group claimed that the difficulty of finding out how many officials worked in Brussels showed a lack of transparency and left the EU open to "influence from lobbyists."
Open Europe said the figure is nearly six times more than the 32,000 Brussels bureaucrats which EU bosses have traditionally claimed are needed to run the EU.
The Commission has previously claimed that its bureaucratic employees are "fewer than the number of staff employed by a typical medium-sized city council in Europe."
However, the new figure, including EU staff working remotely from Brussels, is more like the entire population of a small city such as Swansea or Portsmouth.
The 170,000 employees is nearly twice as large as the British army and is greater than the number of people working at eight Whitehall departments including the Treasury and the Home Office.
The figure included nearly 45,000 people on 1,000 "expert groups", which advise on legislation, such as the Lifts Directive Working Group, the Mineral Water Expert Group and the Expert Group on Flavourings.
Open Europe discovered another 7,900 people employed on 247 "Comitology Committees", which help to implement legislation, as well as 10,000 people running EU missions overseas.
Nick Cosgrove, an analyst at Open Europe, said: "The Commission desperately tries to play down just how many people are now working for the EU. They are extremely secretive about the number of people who are working to churn out regulations.
"These people are not elected, and cannot be held accountable by ordinary citizens. But they have a huge effect on our lives, affecting everything from the price of electricity and food to the way we run the NHS."
Research by Open Europe found that just to draft and work out how to implement legislation the EU requires a bureaucratic staff of around 62,026 people.
Mr Cosgrove added: "The huge number of people now working for the EU reflects its huge influence.
"It is a complicated and opaque institution, which leaves it wide open to influence from lobbyists and vested interests."
Last night the Tories called for this "army of penpushers" to be controlled. Shadow Europe Minister Mark Francois said: "This report details the vast number of the Eurocrats paid for in part by the British taxpayer.
"Gordon Brown's Government gave away seven billion pounds worth of our EU rebate for very little in return and it now seems we know what some of it is being spent on.
"It is incredible that while our own army is overstretched there is a growing army of pen pushers across the EU, many of them dedicated to creating ever more red tape."
However, a spokesman for the European Commission strongly disputed Open Europe's calculations. He said: "Open Europe are being duplicitous about figures here.
"The figure cited by the Commission is simply the figure representing permanent European Civil servants working in the European Commission.
"We're talking about a serious case of comparing apples to oranges here. The European Commission is not the European Union.
"They have achieved their fantastic figures by lobbing in nearly every possible facet of the workings of the European Union and then allude that all the participants somehow work in an extremely crowded European Commission.
"By their rationale, the staff of Open Europe should surely be included in the final figure, along with the armies, interest groups and "thousands of bureaucrats in member states".
"To seriously suggest that lobbyists factor in the staff of the European Commission shows a chronic misunderstanding of the democratic structures of the EU."
Shadow Europe Minister, Mark Francois said: "This report details the vast number of the Eurocrats paid for in part by the British taxpayer.
"Gordon Brown's Government gave away seven billion pounds worth of our EU rebate for very little in return and it now seems we know what some of it is being spent on.
"It is incredible that while our own army is overstretched there is a growing army of pen pushers across the EU, many of them dedicated to creating ever more red tape."

We are doomed, may be double doomed, there is really no hope or any sense at all ?
Phil
ImageImageImage

Midnight.Sun

Post by Midnight.Sun » 28 Jun 2016, 23:17

Ok, thanks for the info, the British Empire was the largest then. I'm pleased to see the Russian Empire so up in the ranks, good to know.

We where rather talking about direct occupations, Alexander the Great was one of the most notable no doubt, maybe that too may be exceeded by someone else IDK? Not a big deal. The Byzantine Empire and Alexander where the greatest at that stage of history.

It's all in history books now, may us salute those past great nation and great men :clap:

Midnight.Sun

Post by Midnight.Sun » 28 Jun 2016, 23:30

For Rod, on your last comments to me:

No I don't think anyone of the other 15 mil wants to help building anything in the EU, that ship has sailed, but don't opress their opinion of having good relationship with their neighbors with your new found anti EU literature. Any way no one can opress anything, the UK will remain democratic and all the British voices will stay heard.

when you asked if the East was hundreds of years ahead of the west, what would it do?

- The East is not hundreds years back, I would say it's catching up with the west very fast.

- Answering your question: The East wouldn't try to ruin western countries, in fact it would cooperate and trade with them as they are, even if they were hundred years back, but would like to give you a little push ahead, just to make life easier.

- Do you mean that you're ok with helping the Islamists groups to rule Syria? You couldn't stand the Europeans, why do you want us to accept the Islamists?

Radagast
junior librarian

Post by Radagast » 29 Jun 2016, 01:25

Midnight.Sun:
Keep in mind the fact that the media that pushes the idea that Brexit is bad are the same ones that cover up the US & Saudi involvement in the destruction of your country. Mass media is a tool for psychological warfare. Look at who gets invited to summits, or have their families marry into the white house staff. CNN, NBC, ABC, BBC, Google, Facebook. They are insiders, not observers and reporters.
The BBC housed and protected a pedophile ring for over half a century. They hired people who thought like them, went to the same schools and joined the same clubs. With that in mind, will you trust them to be honest and forthright on any matter requiring integrity and belief in their society?

The destruction of Britain is more covert and long term than the destruction of Syria, but the effect is the same - loss of freedom for the inhabitants, imposition of an enemy religion on the population.

I'm not belittling the utter destruction visited upon your nation. The Obama & Bush administrations are war criminals for what they have done in the middle east.

Radagast
junior librarian

Post by Radagast » 29 Jun 2016, 01:26

Sunndog: A man with time to spare could add the EU to that list of Empires.

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 29 Jun 2016, 06:32

Midnight.Sun wrote:
Ok, thanks for the info, the British Empire was the largest then. I'm pleased to see the Russian Empire so up in the ranks, good to know.

We where rather talking about direct occupations, Alexander the Great was one of the most notable no doubt, maybe that too may be exceeded by someone else IDK? Not a big deal. The Byzantine Empire and Alexander where the greatest at that stage of history.

It's all in history books now, may us salute those past great nation and great men :clap:
It depends how you count it tbh, you can make half a dozen the biggest if you count different things......but being british myself obviously i agree that the british empire was the greatest the world has ever known (i'm humming "rule britania" as i type :D ) we were the architects of modern history imo
Alexander. The monguls, and the brits and russians are certainly all up there

Radders, who would be the empirical leader of the EU empire?. well we all know one monarch stands above all the others in europe so......... :lol:
Thermal hunting forum

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 29 Jun 2016, 06:35

Radagast wrote:Midnight.Sun:
Keep in mind the fact that the media that pushes the idea that Brexit is bad are the same ones that cover up the US & Saudi involvement in the destruction of your country. Mass media is a tool for psychological warfare. Look at who gets invited to summits, or have their families marry into the white house staff. CNN, NBC, ABC, BBC, Google, Facebook. They are insiders, not observers and reporters.
The BBC housed and protected a pedophile ring for over half a century. They hired people who thought like them, went to the same schools and joined the same clubs. With that in mind, will you trust them to be honest and forthright on any matter requiring integrity and belief in their society?

The destruction of Britain is more covert and long term than the destruction of Syria, but the effect is the same - loss of freedom for the inhabitants, imposition of an enemy religion on the population.

I'm not belittling the utter destruction visited upon your nation. The Obama & Bush administrations are war criminals for what they have done in the middle east.

*nods
Thermal hunting forum