Digital callers

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
Rabbitshooter68

Digital callers

Post by Rabbitshooter68 » 08 Jan 2017, 20:05

So much choice! Has anyone done any comparison reviews?

hairyyoda

Re: Digital callers

Post by hairyyoda » 09 Jan 2017, 07:58

Plenty of reviews on the American predator forums, more of a case of how much your prepared to spend with what facilities you want on the caller. e.g. Fox Bang, Ranger of Remote etc. etc.
Phil
ImageImageImage

Rabbitshooter68

Post by Rabbitshooter68 » 10 Jan 2017, 20:56

Are there any uk reviews?

blueeyes

Post by blueeyes » 11 Jan 2017, 06:49

The foxpro and Icotec are the two that are most used in the UK IMOP, I have a foxpro fusion which I cant fault, only prob with a lot of them is if you need reading glasses some of the remotes are hard to read so glasses on and off to read , I had the spitfir before this and could read it without my glasses then went up to the wild fire and could not read the remote so went up again to the fusion and no probs, I have heard the Icotec remotes are ok for reading but have never seen one, remote distance is another factor the foxpro is ok for 150 yds if it is elevated of the ground, Icotecs have a good distance again never had one, sound quality is one of the main factors Foxpro use their FXP calls which sound superb and Icotec use mp3 but foxpro can play mp3 also but Icotec cant play FXP, I like my Foxpro and like everything else once you get used to it you can work it with your eyes shut lol HTH

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 11 Jan 2017, 08:40

One of the reasons I sold my Icotec was the text was too small and I needed to use a torch and glasses to scroll through it.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 11 Jan 2017, 09:31

Totally agree with Dave.
The small size of the text on the display of the Icotec remote is what lets it down.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 11 Jan 2017, 16:51

But I've found the Icotec more successful than foxpro at actually calling foxes in :thumbup: Still not convinced foxes can't tell the difference between an electronic call and a real one, sure they only come to callers out of curiosity. :think:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

deerwarden

Post by deerwarden » 11 Jan 2017, 21:00

Had a FoxPro but the remote failed, I then bought a Icotec from Best Fox Calls, he's a great guy to deal with, and recently repaired my system FOC, even thought it was out of warranty. He then sent me a S.D. card FOC when I enquired about calls more suited to the U.K. I have no idea where you will get a FoxPro repaired in the U.K. but I know my ICOtec WILL be repaired here in the U.K. and very quickly, great service from a really helpful guy. deerwarden

axel

Post by axel » 16 Jan 2017, 18:16

I've been using the FoxPro Scorpion since it first came out with no problems what so ever I find it very good easy, and to carry in a pocket.
The remote works out to 180yds maybe further.
I've only once had to send a remote back to the states for repair and that was because the wife had worn out the mute button it was back within 3 weeks. I also have 2 more spare remotes so I was able to carry on using the unit.
If anyone's wondering why I have three remotes it's because there is only two pre sets on the remote, but with two units the wife can use one of them while you use the other only not both at the same time and it saves scrolling through the call menu when you have a fox coming in and it decides to hang up, and one for spare . if that makes sense.