Well now you cant buy EASTER EGGS

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
jrn

Well now you cant buy EASTER EGGS

Post by jrn » 21 Feb 2018, 13:51

What's this all about you can buy chocolate eggs but not EASTER EGGS are we not having EASTER this year . :crazy:

rodp
NON EMMET

Re: Well now you cant buy EASTER EGGS

Post by rodp » 21 Feb 2018, 16:36

jrn wrote:What's this all about you can buy chocolate eggs but not EASTER EGGS are we not having EASTER this year . :crazy:
As a Christian I find that religiously offensive, I was brought up to celebrate the resurection of Christ and we did so as children with Easter eggs.
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 21 Feb 2018, 18:31

I'm a devout atheist, but I really don't have a problem calling them easter eggs or describing the celebrations around 25 December as Christmas.
I don't even think it's political correctness - it's just f**kin ignorance
PS Rod - you don't have a right not be offended

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 02 Mar 2018, 17:53

:wave: What would Darwin have said about the origins of this years early April egg day :?
Thanks
Phil

Last edited by hairyyoda on 12 Mar 2018, 18:20, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

hutty33

Post by hutty33 » 03 Mar 2018, 23:08

I've seen a lot of this non-easter egg stuff going round facebook lately. I'm not one to believe everything without seeing it with my own 2 eyes, so while I was out shopping today I checked for myself...pretty much every one I looked at had 'easter egg' written on the packaging, with the other couple having 'chocolate egg for easter' or similar.

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 04 Mar 2018, 12:53

hutty33 wrote:I've seen a lot of this non-easter egg stuff going round facebook lately. I'm not one to believe everything without seeing it with my own 2 eyes, so while I was out shopping today I checked for myself...pretty much every one I looked at had 'easter egg' written on the packaging, with the other couple having 'chocolate egg for easter' or similar.
Aye, every year someone tells me poppies are banned or this bloke got fined for flying a union jack
I don't know how long the christmad one has been going but we still call it christmas
Thermal hunting forum

https://thermalhuntingforum.com/

Brooksy

Post by Brooksy » 05 Mar 2018, 19:15

sunndog wrote:
hutty33 wrote:I've seen a lot of this non-easter egg stuff going round facebook lately. I'm not one to believe everything without seeing it with my own 2 eyes, so while I was out shopping today I checked for myself...pretty much every one I looked at had 'easter egg' written on the packaging, with the other couple having 'chocolate egg for easter' or similar.
Aye, every year someone tells me poppies are banned or this bloke got fined for flying a union jack
I don't know how long the christmad one has been going but we still call it christmas
There are no fines for flying, or displaying a Union Jack, it's pure racist propaganda, if you look at every police officers uniform, there's a Union Jack on it, albeit in black and white.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 05 Mar 2018, 21:28

Yeah i know mate, but every now and then some bellend on facebook usually says it happened :roll:
Thermal hunting forum

https://thermalhuntingforum.com/

Brooksy

Post by Brooksy » 07 Mar 2018, 18:55

sunndog wrote:Yeah i know mate, but every now and then some bellend on facebook usually says it happened :roll:
They also peddle the other rubbish such as:-
Asda store in North Road, London, refuses to serve soldier in uniform. There isn't an Asda store on any North Road, London.
Pictures of flyers banning dog walkers from "Muslim" areas. Usually hand written by a white racist I'll bet.
Church to be converted to a Mosque. That's about the best one, all Churches face the wrong way and are the wrong shape!

Enoch Powell was nothing compared to some of these idiots.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 07 Mar 2018, 19:59

:think: Multi cultural society dictates that advertisers must pitch their jibber jabber to try to attract the greatest catchment of potential buyers :problem: Everyone of these sales pitches is singularly aimed at just wanting your pound notes in their tills :shock: :o Murphy's Law says f##k the chocolate anyway unless you want Type 2 Diabetes in latter life :wtf:
Rant over
Thanks
Phil
ImageImageImage