First trip with the addonight

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
blueeyes

Re: First trip with the addonight

Post by blueeyes » 23 Dec 2018, 15:41

yes totally agree nothing worse than your partner sitting in the dark lol pardon the pun , these units seem to be catching on well with these features , I like yourself go out with my grandson as he is spotter, we dont usually have the comfort of the truck etc so he has to watch via a Sure NV spotter , well done in getting your fox , we were out last night but no where to hide from that bloody moon

Ranger22

Post by Ranger22 » 23 Dec 2018, 16:14

We only had the luxury of the truck because I knew the fox was working so close to the road. If it hadn’t been for that fact we would of been sitting on a grassy knowe. They are good units, made more attractive by their features and price.

blueeyes

Post by blueeyes » 23 Dec 2018, 16:43

Yea wet ar-e syndrome know it well , knees and back gone with years of ferreting etc etc lol yea they seem to be catching on seen a few guys changing the lens which seems to be another improvement

Ranger22

Post by Ranger22 » 23 Dec 2018, 17:41

I saw that some guys were changing the 12mm lenses for better 12mm ones. Larger field of view and keeps the scope mag more true, if your on 4 times mag it actually is 4 times mag. I’ve the 16mm lens one and i find it fine the way it is.

Ranger22

Post by Ranger22 » 23 Dec 2018, 21:28

Been bored, so back out for a quick look round the fields at my house. A bit bright but if you don’t try you don’t get. Nothing but hares and woodcock for the first hour. Then foxy appears away up infront of me. Lamp off. Creeping along the back of fences and in old drains, made good distance quickly. Foxy had disappeared, a few squeaks and it was back in view. I moved on a bit, deployed the sticks, rifle up, its there, sitting looking at me about 150 yards away. Knew it was a dog, must of had balls to sit there and watch a man with a gun! Anyway that’s the third in three nights. Should of got NV years ago