Add ons

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Add ons

Post by sunndog » 28 Nov 2018, 13:30

I'm told the nv007 adds 132mm to the back of the scope. A wdv adds only 75mm iirc.
After years of tubed add-ons and my own builds that short length plus a better camera makes the wdv an easy winner out of the two for me and I'd buy a second hand wdv over a new nv007 all day long
Clives back up and service makes the fact that it's second hand irrelevant really

Nv007 is a cracking unit for the money but wdv is still the best you can buy imo
Thermal hunting forum

https://thermalhuntingforum.com/

Mini Magnum

Post by Mini Magnum » 28 Nov 2018, 16:32

Someone has misinformed you SD a WDV adds around 75-80mm (80mm on mine) to the rear of the scope with eyecup removed the N007 adds 107mm using the long 45mm mount with eyecup removed , so the difference is 27mm-32mm in length so 1”- 1 1/4” extra length. I use one fitted to multiple rifles with no extra stock extensions, others have issues with extra length as with any rear add on, i’ve never had any problems .

The E700 based add ons are good and more sensitive but they give much less eye shine and reduced resolution .

I use the N007 exclusively now because the features are much better all round and the mount is a light years ahead , swappable battery In the field, Inbuilt MP4 recording, inbuilt Illuminator out to HMR ranges and beyond, full colour, crisp reticule, with a Solaris SRX I can happily shoot foxes past 350yds . For £320-£399 it’s a total no brainer ..

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 28 Nov 2018, 17:14

Dont think I've heard of anyone using stock extenders with a wdv. So not "as with any rear add-on"
My last home build inline add-on used the same camera and viewer as the wdv700. That was a gnats under 100mm and I definitely noticed the difference in head position.
At about £500 for a used wdv for me Its worth the difference and far from a no brainer
Thermal hunting forum

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 28 Nov 2018, 17:28

Nope that was wrong, my last build (long time ago now) used a watec board camera. Length info was correct though
Thermal hunting forum

oowee2

Post by oowee2 » 28 Nov 2018, 17:54

Mini Magnum wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 16:32

I can happily shoot foxes past 350yds .
That's some good shooting.

Mini Magnum

Post by Mini Magnum » 28 Nov 2018, 19:52

sunndog wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 17:14
Dont think I've heard of anyone using stock extenders with a wdv. So not "as with any rear add-on"
My last home build inline add-on used the same camera and viewer as the wdv700. That was a gnats under 100mm and I definitely noticed the difference in head position.
At about £500 for a used wdv for me Its worth the difference and far from a no brainer
Adam I've probably used every bit of thermal and night vision kit available, I've also had x3 Ward 700 units... like I say I now use an NV007 exclusively on airgun upto centrefire and shoot out to 350yds no problem combined with any laser torch... My remaining ward 700 is sat in a drawer with the mountain of super duper LED torches next to it..yes there still good units, but there's no way they are worth over double the cost with less than a fraction of the features...

Oowee2 not really, but I sense your sarcasm..I'll say it how it is regardless based on actual use in the field, nothing to do with selling anything and I WILL NOT ever feed people with shite, I hate bullshitters and salesmen,...

Is this post going to be deleted as well....I see a trend building?

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 28 Nov 2018, 20:54

Ian, you see a trend building off your own prediction? That is moronic nonsense designed to incite so i will ignore it

No matter how many n.v and thermal units you have used i would buy a second hand wdv over a nv007. Is it ok with you if i have an opinion?
Thermal hunting forum

Mini Magnum

Post by Mini Magnum » 28 Nov 2018, 21:53

Designed to incite ? No look I can see your loyal to the cause, so rather than go round in circles, I won’t waste my breath or time replying..

Yes you can have an opinion, it’s your money .. :thumbup:

angrybear

Post by angrybear » 10 Dec 2018, 01:29

I've also got both, I don't see any noticeable improvement to the addonite with my Solaris laser, & there's no way it's a 300+yd unit.
My Ward 700 with the same Solaris laser utterly kicks it's ass for range, clarity & resolution.

The Addonite by all it's names is super VFM with all it's features & would be my choice if I was buying for use with a .22lr.
but it's my Ward 700 that gets fitted to the 17WSM because the quality of the picture & range are far superior to my eye.