New here. Looking for the best DIY - NV project.

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
Long_Shot

New here. Looking for the best DIY - NV project.

Post by Long_Shot » 25 Nov 2018, 18:01

Hey everyone, I'm Tom. First post here. :wave:
I have no NV as yet. Want a clear 150 - 200 yard dedicated gun mounted system.
Looked at a LOT of posts here. :crazy:
Some real nice work you all have done. I'm sure someone will have some good advise.

A "Scopeless" design with the small viewer available from CRS is something I like.
Just not sure how clear of image you see in that small of screen at say 125 - 150 yards though. (Tell the difference between a Fox, Coyote, or the neighbors dog?) Obviously with a quality IR source. One post here had a larger viewer with a large square eye piece over it.

The idea I planned was to cut a cheap scope open and build a box on the ass end to mount everything in.
Then I found out that all the R&D had been done years ago by CRS, and they offer it in DIY plans publicly. WOW!
The CRS - "DL Ranger" design is the other style I like. Having a bit of magnification could be an improvement for my small screen concerns.
Well, that's me and my reason for joining your forum. Thanks in advance, Tom.

CRS = Custom Rifle Scopes.

oowee2

Re: New here. Looking for the best DIY - NV project.

Post by oowee2 » 27 Nov 2018, 00:03

Welcome Tom Looks like you will have some fun on here with an opening like that. Some very knowledgeable peeps on here. :thumbup:

Long_Shot

Re: New here. Looking for the best DIY - NV project.

Post by Long_Shot » 27 Nov 2018, 01:28

Thanks, oowee2.
I'm trying to read as may of the old posts as possible to get a good understanding of the NV products and innovative DIY projects that are available.
Want to be able to ask serious questions about things that I couldn't find about Camera, Lens, Viewer, Electronics, ect. before I start buying the wrong components.
Only have an EJ 230 coming so far. Got to start somewhere............