A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
Ludders

Post by Ludders » 30 Dec 2018, 16:15

Hello all
I’m new to all things night vision. I’ve been shooting ever since I was a kid, shotguns rimfire and centre fire. I’m interested in putting together a dedicated nv foxing rifle, but none of my shooting friends have any experience with night vision. Thanks for all your help and advise in advance and I apologise if I ask any stupid questions
Cheers james

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Re: New member

Post by phoenix » 30 Dec 2018, 18:45

James,
Welcome to the forum.
There are no stupid questions - only stupid answers
To help us help you, tell us what you want to shoot and at what sort of ranges and what kit you already have.
From that information we can suggest the various options and their pros and cons.
If you want to find out more about the basics of NV shooting, have a read of this https://www.nightvisionforumuk.com/view ... f=3&t=6297
some of it is becoming a little dated, but the basics are all there

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 30 Dec 2018, 19:22

Hi James, welcome to the forum. Its well worth fluffing up a cushion and having a good read of the DIY section to get some ideas of what appeals to you, your tools and your abilities.

Most of have things we're not brilliant at but excell at other things. Most of all don't be shy about asking questions.

Ludders

Post by Ludders » 31 Dec 2018, 08:04

Hello Bruce
At the moment I have a T3 in 243 with a Zeiss duralyt sat on top. I have a slot for a 223 that I want to use as a dedicated nv for foxing. I want to be able to shoot out to a maximum of about 200 yards but would like to be able to see a bit further to ensure safety and decent backstops. Most of my lamping will be done of a quad bike or walking. I was thinking about a photon rt but I have now seen CRS video on the new pard nv008 that looks interesting. I don’t mind spending money on the right kit but I’m not rich 😀

Cheers james