Somebody stop me !

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
emin-j

Somebody stop me !

Post by emin-j » 02 Jan 2019, 19:51

Hi all, getting the urge to buy a NV007,pard, whatever, but I already have a Pulsar Challenger addon which I have used for a few years now for ratting and it’s brilliant ! One battery will last years when the unit is used with a separate IR (t20/38) the fov is excellent,and the range easy 50yds I only use sub 12 air rifle for ratting. I’ve looked through my mates NV007 and wasn’t overly impressed but the focus was set for his eyes not mine, I do like the compact unit with all the tricks but don’t necessarily need recording facility or WiFi, so why should I spend £300 on a NV007 when I have the challenger ? Talk me into or out of it guys .. :thumbup:

CustomRifleScopesUK

Re: Somebody stop me !

Post by CustomRifleScopesUK » 02 Jan 2019, 21:12

emin-j wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 19:51
Hi all, getting the urge to buy a NV007,pard, whatever, but I already have a Pulsar Challenger addon which I have used for a few years now for ratting and it’s brilliant ! One battery will last years when the unit is used with a separate IR (t20/38) the fov is excellent,and the range easy 50yds I only use sub 12 air rifle for ratting. I’ve looked through my mates NV007 and wasn’t overly impressed but the focus was set for his eyes not mine, I do like the compact unit with all the tricks but don’t necessarily need recording facility or WiFi, so why should I spend £300 on a NV007 when I have the challenger ? Talk me into or out of it guys .. :thumbup:

as a seller, im going to talk you into it as i can do you a real good deal on this unit, Just PM me for details, i also make the shims to size if you have a smaller diopter, its better than using tape !

The unit is great and im sure if you adjusted the lens to suite your eyes, you would have had a much more positive out look towards the unit.....it can also be that if people mount incorrect or have the wrong type scope or just don't operate it in the correct way that can :thumbup: :thumbdown: someones first experience. Ask to look through your mates one again and ask him if you can try it on your scope and rifle, you will soon change your mind if it works for you !

Kind regards Ash

andrewluke

Post by andrewluke » 02 Jan 2019, 23:47

emin-j wrote:
i'm in exactly the same position as you,i've shot over 8000 rats with my challenger but tempted by the nv007 but concerned with fov at close range???

poppy mae

Post by poppy mae » 03 Jan 2019, 00:17

Why try and fix something that aint broke , comes to mind...... :D

CustomRifleScopesUK

Post by CustomRifleScopesUK » 03 Jan 2019, 00:41

you can always use this mod that i made for close range, you don't need a scope to use it :thumbup:
in fact you don't even us ethe red dot in front, thats just for when you take the 007 off.

andrewluke

Post by andrewluke » 03 Jan 2019, 09:54

poppy mae wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 00:17
Why try and fix something that aint broke , comes to mind...... :D
exactly what i was thinking :thumbup:

i've just removed the challenger from my scope and hit it with a hammer so now it's broke and i need a nv007 :lol:

warbucks

Post by warbucks » 03 Jan 2019, 11:28

I am a challenger owner myself.

You have listed one area where the challenger excels, (shot distance ratting) with tubed n/v it has good contrast and you can pick the rats up easily against the back ground their in -------other than eye relief their very hard to better for this type of shooting ------however once you start to stretch the range past 50 yds then the digital offerings give way more range and are just so more versatile----particularly the Pard 007.

If your doing rats only, no need to change till the challenger packs in, if your buying from the off then for an add on it got to be the Pard 007 its a no briner.

Dave (warbucks)

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 03 Jan 2019, 13:41

Do you still use your challenger Dave?

God it seems like an age since I had one and thought it was pretty good lol
Thermal hunting forum

https://thermalhuntingforum.com/

warbucks

Post by warbucks » 03 Jan 2019, 14:26

sunndog wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 13:41
Do you still use your challenger Dave?

God it seems like an age since I had one and thought it was pretty good lol
Yes Adam for ratting only, although over the years iv'e had two extremely good ratting permissions that have just dried up, spending most of my shooting nights out after foxes now, but rabbits rats foxes, owt just to keep going.

Dave (warbucks)

emin-j

Post by emin-j » 03 Jan 2019, 17:11

CustomRifleScopesUK wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 21:12
emin-j wrote:

as a seller, im going to talk you into it as i can do you a real good deal on this unit, Just PM me for details, i also make the shims to size if you have a smaller diopter, its better than using tape !

The unit is great and im sure if you adjusted the lens to suite your eyes, you would have had a much more positive out look towards the unit.....it can also be that if people mount incorrect or have the wrong type scope or just don't operate it in the correct way that can :thumbup: :thumbdown: someones first experience. Ask to look through your mates one again and ask him if you can try it on your scope and rifle, you will soon change your mind if it works for you !

Kind regards Ash
Thanks Ash, I wish I could fault the challenger but I can’t ! Even my mate with the NV007 was impressed with my Challenger :mrgreen: