Newbie needing guidance!

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
7mmAL

Newbie needing guidance!

Post by 7mmAL » 12 Mar 2019, 16:51

Hi all
Thanks for the add very interesting forum! In need of your expert knowledge!
I am after adding NV to my 22-250, it currently has a Steiner ranger 3-12x56 (no parallax adj) fitted. I have a Cobra Fury monocular with Photonis XD-4 AG tube and was wondering if this will work with the scope using their DSA as a rear add on!?
I also have a tracer F900 IR lamp.
Or am I better going for stand alone scope unit such as photon or pulsar digisigjt etc?

warbucks

Re: Newbie needing guidance!

Post by warbucks » 12 Mar 2019, 22:15

With all due respect you could have done with some guidance before buying the Cobra Fury (which i'm not saying is wrong).
Scopes that dont have parallax will not focus correctly with a n/v add on system, here you really need on that will focus down to ideally 10 or 20 yds.

You have a lot of money in the Cobra fury, if i was you i would change your rifle scope to a Hawke sidewinder or a sightron side focus, that will focus down to 10 yds, i would also recommend you but a laser such as the solaris srx with the variable power.

If you dont want to change your scope for day light use then the Pard nv008 is worth a look when they have some in stock, this would mean a weaver rail fixing.

Dave (warbucks)

7mmAL

Re: Newbie needing guidance!

Post by 7mmAL » 13 Mar 2019, 08:16

Cheers Dave, I have had the Fury for a few years now for a different purpose was never purchased for an add on, was just wondering if it would work, knew it was a long shot but thought I’d ask.
Will keep an eye out for an NV008.