Good Morning

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
Bossy Boots

Good Morning

Post by Bossy Boots » 15 Nov 2011, 09:47

Good morning all you shooters out there.

It's damp and foggy again here in Sheffield.

Anybody got any exciting plans for today?

3.5mag

Re: Good Morning

Post by 3.5mag » 15 Nov 2011, 10:43

Nowt exciting today but bunnying at the Belfry tonight

Bossy Boots

Post by Bossy Boots » 15 Nov 2011, 10:55

3.5mag wrote:Nowt exciting today but bunnying at the Belfry tonight

Is the weather clear where you are?

3.5mag

Post by 3.5mag » 15 Nov 2011, 11:53

It's just cleared up nicely :D

Bossy Boots

Post by Bossy Boots » 15 Nov 2011, 23:29

Hope you had a good night 3.5 mag :)

3.5mag

Post by 3.5mag » 16 Nov 2011, 09:22

Lot of moisture in the air - kept fogging up my lens and reducing distance of my challenger.
To cap it all, had a duff round in my .17hmr that left the head stuck in the bore!!!!! :o Had to retire early :(
Mike

funkedup

Post by funkedup » 16 Nov 2011, 10:28

I got out last night.

On the way home from work it was a clear sky, loads of stars, left the house at about 8.15, got to our permission about 8.40 and it was nice and dark.

Haven't shot this bit of land in a couple of months and the last time was with a lamp.

Pulled up, got the gun out, tuned on the NV, loaded the mag and I was off, left my mate with the car keys while he faffed about getting his lamp set up.

First shot a bunny from around 40yds, took aim from the knee, a little right to left wind of maybe around 5mph, aimed a little above the eye, allowing a smidge for wind, squeezed the shot off and crack.

By the time my mate had caught up with me I already had 1 in the bag.

We went our separate ways around the permission, him taking the far field on the other side of the belt of trees and I slowly mooched up my side.

I few more opportunities presented themselves within minutes, I struck the earth well low on one shot that was possibly no more than around 12yds. The next shot was again taken from the knee, a nice plump white tail at around 35 yds clean head shot (no.2) I received a text on my phone so replied to that, standing still for around 5 minutes, brought the gun up for another scan and there was another furry target around 15 yds in front of me, this time I had learned my lesson from my first close range miss, allowing a little extra height for the distance of optical and bore centre another clean head shot (no.3). I collected this and had another scan.

I could see 2 more eyes around 100 yds away, so I slowly walked over with the wind in my face getting to within 35yds I shot a nice standing shot, this time in the neck, a clean kill never the less, went over to retrieve it and stuffed that in the bag along with the other 3.

My mate came over to see me after another 10-15 minutes carrying only 1, so lamp v NV. NV for me all the way now.

Gloop

Post by Gloop » 16 Nov 2011, 10:47

Good shout. I haven't had any time to get out this week at all. Think it may well be Sunday before I am likely to get a chance to bag some bunnies.

Bossy Boots

Post by Bossy Boots » 16 Nov 2011, 15:23

3.5mag wrote:Lot of moisture in the air - kept fogging up my lens and reducing distance of my challenger.
To cap it all, had a duff round in my .17hmr that left the head stuck in the bore!!!!! :o Had to retire early :(
Mike

What a sickener

3.5mag

Post by 3.5mag » 16 Nov 2011, 15:49

Bossy Boots wrote:
3.5mag wrote:Lot of moisture in the air - kept fogging up my lens and reducing distance of my challenger.
Mike

What a sickener
You ain't kidding! Some very lucky bunnies :roll:
Got it sorted now and ready to roll :D