A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
Newcastle_welder

Post by Newcastle_welder » 23 Feb 2020, 19:03

Hi
New to the NV forums and nv in general.
I'm 49 and a welder from Newcastle, started with a Nitesite Viper about 2 months ago, upgraded to a Pard 007 in the last few days.

The Pard unit I bought doesn't seem to have a laser/red dot feature on it, is this normal or dependant on where you buy it from?
The unit is brand new how do I check if it needs updating?and how do I update it?

Can't fault the unit and resolution, so much functionality for the price.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Daz

jthyttin

Re: New Member

Post by jthyttin » 23 Feb 2020, 19:51

Welcome!

IIRC the red laser can be disabled by either detaching a cable inside the unit or also by firmware. Maybe best to ask the supplier, and if no reasonable answer check the FW version and post here? I don't use Pard but I'm sure there's members that can tell if your FW should have the laser disabled or not.

Newcastle_welder

Post by Newcastle_welder » 23 Feb 2020, 22:31

jthyttin wrote:
23 Feb 2020, 19:51
Welcome!

IIRC the red laser can be disabled by either detaching a cable inside the unit or also by firmware. Maybe best to ask the supplier, and if no reasonable answer check the FW version and post here? I don't use Pard but I'm sure there's members that can tell if your FW should have the laser disabled or not.
Thank's jthyttin appreciate the advice, I can't see a laser nipple on my model.

The video I watched from OpticsWarehouse clearly shows a laser nipple/housing
on the 007, but not on mine, maybe slight variations in models.

I've managed to update it to the latest version, copied a bin file to the sd card, all ok.

Many thanks for the help.

Daz

jthyttin

Post by jthyttin » 24 Feb 2020, 06:09

OK then it might be the "German model", I think sellers have taken what models they can because demand exceeds supply? At least during year's end / Chinese new year / Corona virus...

https://www.blackwoodoutdoors.co.uk/Par ... 6mm-german

I think removing laser and reticle has something to do with device being a sight under German or some other country's legislation. Some member from Eastern Europe said in his country they cannot own night vision sights but under special license they can use devices not classified as sights, like lamps and rear add-ons.

Newcastle_welder

Post by Newcastle_welder » 24 Feb 2020, 07:36

jthyttin wrote:
24 Feb 2020, 06:09
OK then it might be the "German model", I think sellers have taken what models they can because demand exceeds supply? At least during year's end / Chinese new year / Corona virus...

https://www.blackwoodoutdoors.co.uk/Par ... 6mm-german

I think removing laser and reticle has something to do with device being a sight under German or some other country's legislation. Some member from Eastern Europe said in his country they cannot own night vision sights but under special license they can use devices not classified as sights, like lamps and rear add-ons.
I think your information is correct, the seller did mention something about customs/legislation/ laser
That should be resolved in a few week's.

I really won't miss a laser pointer, the unit far surpasses any expectations in terms of video quality and what I've used in the past.

Many thank's for the swift response and helpfull advice.
It's appreciated.

Daz

jameson82

Post by jameson82 » 05 Mar 2020, 23:27

Hi gents I'm in need of updating a pard 007 for a friend and myself but dont want to go at it till I know what to do!!
Is it straight forward?? Can some one give me a quick run down of what I need to do . Many thanks 👍