Red is easy

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
cheeky scouser

Red is easy

Post by cheeky scouser » 29 Nov 2020, 04:54

Why cant the home page icon and chatter box..new topics icon be easier to find for newbies like me.im having trouble navigating your pages.if this has been mentioned in the past, why is it still difficult.sorry, but it must put people off.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Re: Red is easy

Post by phoenix » 29 Nov 2020, 09:28

I've been a member of this forum for 8 years.
It has more members than any other NV forum in the world
It uses the same software as many other forums
I'm sure it's not perfect, but then, no software is
In all that time, and among all those people, you are the first person to complain about this
I think that might tell you something.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Silent Shooter
FOUNDER

Post by Silent Shooter » 29 Nov 2020, 10:47

'but it must put people off'

Well i think the only member to date its put off is you, perhaps you should try a bit harder like they told me at school :shock:

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 29 Nov 2020, 11:43

I've replied to your other thread with more instructions and did you get the email I sent you?

https://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopi ... 16&t=23919
when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

Silent Shooter
FOUNDER

Post by Silent Shooter » 29 Nov 2020, 13:00

sunndog wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 11:43
I've replied to your other thread with more instructions and did you get the email I sent you?

https://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopi ... 16&t=23919
exactly Adam :!:

poppy mae

Post by poppy mae » 29 Nov 2020, 14:08

Only thing if possible, would do like on a couple of other forums , is the way you upload photos , instead of a 3rd party just upload direct off my phone via an upload link ....

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 29 Nov 2020, 14:44

Are you perhaps accessing the site via a mobile? I'm often slower than most but cannot find anything 'wrong' with the layout or colours - perhaps you might be more familiar with the layout and way pages are laid out on facebook NV groups.

jthyttin

Post by jthyttin » 29 Nov 2020, 15:16

poppy mae wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 14:08
Only thing if possible, would do like on a couple of other forums , is the way you upload photos , instead of a 3rd party just upload direct off my phone via an upload link ....
Previously photos were uploaded to the forum server, problem with that is the required disk space and bandwidth. If images are on other server the storage and traffic is not billed on forum owners.

cheeky scouser

Post by cheeky scouser » 30 Nov 2020, 06:37

General reply..i can see all above replies.i dont know how i got to this page and if i didnt moan..im guessing you wouldnt have anything to chat about.some replies seem to be off web chat experts.i dont do facebook etc.whatsapp and here are the only 2.im not shooting anyone down , im just saying my experance on here is not going smooth.thanks for some of the feed back.what happened to the help advice.?

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 30 Nov 2020, 08:38

Cheeky Scouser, we don't decide where the buttons go or the general layout of the forum.
Forums are basically a template that we hire and there are a lot of different ones.

Some of the most popular shooting forums in the UK are
Airgunbbs
UK varminting
Stalking directory
Airgunforum
The hunting life
Pigeon watch
All of those are different. Different layout different buttons. It's just the nature of forums that you have to learn how each one works and sometimes that means clicking buttons just to see what they do.

Asking us to change it is like walking into your local Ford dealership and asking the salesman to change the gearbox layout because you're used to a different pattern
when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers