Downloading photographs to the forum.

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
slimbo1973

Re: Downloading photographs to the forum.

Post by slimbo1973 » 25 Feb 2013, 11:44

SikaStag wrote:I am the old fella on the right.

I tried to make the picture bigger. Unfortunately it was 280kb and would not load 250kb is the max.

Ian
How lucky are you to have views like that :-)
Shit Shot Stew

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 25 Feb 2013, 11:51

Looks like I got the file size wrong :oops: , but at least it put you on the right track :thumbup:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 25 Feb 2013, 11:54

Is that a Scottish limo :roll:

:lol:

"Argo, a great 8x8"

SikaStag

Post by SikaStag » 25 Feb 2013, 11:57

I wished your file size was correct rodp. It would have allowed me to post them at a larger size in the post, 280kb.

Sorted now.

Ian

SikaStag

Post by SikaStag » 25 Feb 2013, 12:06

It is a Scottrack Hillcat 775. That will go where a quad driver would (could) not venture.

Due to its 9.5ft length and 4.5ft width, there is certain circumstances that it could not squeeze through where a quad could. It will carry 3/4 of a ton of feeding up a slope, That has in the past had passengers jump out and walk as they were scared it would flip. It is limited only to the nerves of the driver.

I am off out in it after lunch to feed the sheep. will cover 2000 acres of ground to get to all the hefts.

What a lovely day to be out on the hill. Sun is shinning, Life is good.

Ian

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 25 Feb 2013, 12:36

I've seen quite a few quad riders that would leave that for dead, unfortunately most of them end up with smashed ribs and broken necks :shock: Those argo thingys are certainly safer than a quad, I wish I could justify (afford) buying one.

Anyone want to swap a quad for an Argo ? :roll:

"Argo, a great 8x8"

SikaStag

Post by SikaStag » 25 Feb 2013, 12:43

I live on the highest Farm in the whole of the South of Scotland. This is a dangerous place for Quads. I have dislocated a finger and had a few close shaves that could have been detrimental to my health. Quads are good, do not get me wrong.

My Machine is not an Argo. An Argo could not go where my machine can go. Too light. It is made from fibregalss, my machine is made from Steel, the added extra weight and the 4 ply tyres hold my machine to the ground. The only one time I had a problem was when I drove across some dead bracken, the machine could not get grip and started to slide all the way down a very steep slope. I jumped out and pulled the handbrake on. I watched the machine slide down the hill and quite a speed, it eventually hit good turf and the machine stopped within 2 lengths of its self. I was a bit nervous to be honest. As I seen my investment disappear down a hill.

Ian

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 25 Feb 2013, 12:55

Is it powered by hydraulic motors and chains (I take it that it's skid steer) or diff and brakes then to chains?

"Argo, a great 8x8"

SikaStag

Post by SikaStag » 25 Feb 2013, 13:32

It is not hydraulics. Hydraulics would not be as good as was explained to be by the owner of Scottrack. In all tests that they did climbing steep ground the hydraulic method always did not get as far as the chain drive set up.

I could be doing with getting new chains at some point in the near future. the £600 price is whats delaying getting them.

Ian

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 25 Feb 2013, 14:24

SikaStag wrote:It is not hydraulics. Hydraulics would not be as good as was explained to be by the owner of Scottrack. In all tests that they did climbing steep ground the hydraulic method always did not get as far as the chain drive set up.

I could be doing with getting new chains at some point in the near future. the £600 price is whats delaying getting them.

Ian
Before you go spending hundreds on chains check out conveyor drive chains, a lot of times it's the same thing but half the price. I used to buy a good quality chain when I did trials, then someone put me wise to conveyor chain, same thing but not branded.
Have a shop around.

"Argo, a great 8x8"