Modern technology hits East Yorkshire.

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
chas
Banned again

Modern technology hits East Yorkshire.

Post by chas » 04 Feb 2012, 22:54

I'm in a bit of a quandary and seeking help from those who're possibly more technologically advanced than myself.
Mrs Chas, aka Ermintrude, has for some time been a bit hacked off at having to warm the iron on a hotplate over the open fire, with 18 children ranging in age from 6 to 73 I can understand her anxiety and offered to get another iron cast at the local foundry to speed the job up a bit.
Unfortunately, Ermintrude wasn't impressed with this idea and was intent on embrasing some modern technology, namely a steam iron.
Now, I am familiar with this type of thing having worked on farm engines during the last century, so off we went in search of such an item, on returning home and exiting the Ford Popular we made a point of parading the box infront of the neighbours, such was our pride.
In our rush to evacuate the store in question we forgot to ask for an operators course on said equipment, so I now find myself somewhat flummoxed.
The store had left a large anti theft cable fitted to the steam iron, about 6 foot long it was, anyway I have now removed it, on further examination I have managed to figure out where the water goes,which is an obvious essential for a steam iron, but for the life of me can't find the opening to the firebox and there's no mention of how to get the coal in to the thing.
Can you help.
Effluent in many languages.

silent shooter
FOUNDER

Re: Modern technology hits East Yorkshire.

Post by silent shooter » 04 Feb 2012, 23:09

chas wrote:I'm in a bit of a quandary and seeking help from those who're possibly more technologically advanced than myself.
Mrs Chas, aka Ermintrude, has for some time been a bit hacked off at having to warm the iron on a hotplate over the open fire, with 18 children ranging in age from 6 to 73 I can understand her anxiety and offered to get another iron cast at the local foundry to speed the job up a bit.
Unfortunately, Ermintrude wasn't impressed with this idea and was intent on embrasing some modern technology, namely a steam iron.
Now, I am familiar with this type of thing having worked on farm engines during the last century, so off we went in search of such an item, on returning home and exiting the Ford Popular we made a point of parading the box infront of the neighbours, such was our pride.
In our rush to evacuate the store in question we forgot to ask for an operators course on said equipment, so I now find myself somewhat flummoxed.
The store had left a large anti theft cable fitted to the steam iron, about 6 foot long it was, anyway I have now removed it, on further examination I have managed to figure out where the water goes,which is an obvious essential for a steam iron, but for the life of me can't find the opening to the firebox and there's no mention of how to get the coal in to the thing.
Can you help.
Chris just ask 007 mate im sure he will know,problem is you might not undertsnd his answer :lol: (sorry antoni just a joke ;) )

Bossy Boots

Post by Bossy Boots » 04 Feb 2012, 23:45

Typical man :D

Can't find the opening to the firebox :shock:

chas
Banned again

Post by chas » 05 Feb 2012, 00:37

Bossy Boots wrote:Typical man :D

You're not being rude are you ???????? :oops:
Effluent in many languages.

Bossy Boots

Post by Bossy Boots » 05 Feb 2012, 00:49

chas wrote:
Bossy Boots wrote:Typical man :D

You're not being rude are you ???????? :oops:

Me being rude??????????? How dare you Sir ;)

I think that just maybe your mind Chas. :lol:

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 05 Feb 2012, 01:11

How very dare you!

crowbar

Post by crowbar » 07 Feb 2012, 00:50

Hi Chas, I got a new iron from Japan no need to plug it in and stays hot for 10.000 years!

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 07 Feb 2012, 00:52

I ordered one of those too.

Postie delivered an empty box, with a big hole burnt in the bottom :lol: .

George