New to Nightvision

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
shaunf

Re: New to Nightvision

Post by shaunf » 12 Feb 2012, 13:33

Thank you for the warm welcome! My parents are still weighing up weather or not they want me to "waste" my money. Ive found out that the Cobra Optics 1301 is simply a re-branded 3mk. Does anyone know if the head mounts are the same? (hopefully they are). This would lead me to suspect that the tubes are the same, no?

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 12 Feb 2012, 13:47

It's possible that it's the same, Shaun.

Have you considered a digital nv? If you're looking for a spotter, it could be the way to go, as there a quite few options for £100-£150. The Bresser is the one that springs to mind, though this does have 5x mag, so has a limited field of view (though the Yukon 1x can be fitted, either giving it a wider field of view as a spotter or, allowing it to be used as an add-on, behind your scope). Also has a recording output, should you want to add a dvr at a later date.

Remember that with digital, you have no image intensifier tube, so nothing to damage with bright lights. Can be used in the daytime too, obviously.

George

shaunf

Post by shaunf » 12 Feb 2012, 13:52

Ive thought about it, but I don't really know. The reason I'm looking at the D3MK is that it's currently a tenner, so if I can't get it to work it's not really a problem. In a way its bad timing on my behalf, due to exams and the like. If the 3MK falls flat on its face I'll just save up for a year.

Shaun

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 12 Feb 2012, 14:03

Can't get robbed at a tenner, Shaun. Go for it.

George

shaunf

Post by shaunf » 12 Feb 2012, 14:11

Its got 2 days left, so I have a feeling its gonna creep up a bit, but hopefully not too much....

Bossy Boots

Post by Bossy Boots » 12 Feb 2012, 15:37

Welcome to the Forum Shaun. :)