No idea!

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
Post Reply
MossyNW
Posts: 6
Joined: 09 Nov 2014, 20:19
Location: North West

No idea!

Post by MossyNW » 09 Nov 2014, 20:44

I had no idea there was a night vision forum so when I "discovered" it while trawling the Internet for some night vision gear I was well chuffed. I have had air rifles since I was old enough and shotguns ... for 47 years! I am semi retired and now have a CZ .22LR Rimfire and some good new permissions, one of which is a golf course so I decided to buy some night vision to facilitate some fun and bunnie reduction.
I have been looking at the new Photon XT, T20 and a "doubler".
So, I'll start ..... Looking and seeking advice!!!

User avatar
some bloke
NON EMMET
Posts: 9501
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:14
Location: Leicester mostly but DEEP S.West sometimes

Re: No idea!

Post by some bloke » 09 Nov 2014, 21:56

Hi Mossy - welcome to the forum.

The doubler on a T20 will be way OTT for a Photon XT mate. It'll only lead to whiteout at the ranges it's capable of head shooting bunnies at. :angel:

User avatar
22-250jock
Posts: 2437
Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 17:53
Location: west sussex

Re: No idea!

Post by 22-250jock » 09 Nov 2014, 22:04

watcha Mossy :thumbup:

welcome to the forum

I'm sure you'll get a fair few replies regarding a doubler for the photon........seem they're a bit like marmite......you either love em or hate em :crazy:

cheers jock
“When guns are outlawed, only the Government will have guns. The Government - and a few outlaws. If that happens, you can count me among the outlaws.”
― Edward Abbey,

PESCA

Re: No idea!

Post by PESCA » 09 Nov 2014, 22:07

Glad you found the forum, Mossy. Hope you get plenty of info here.

George

punky
Posts: 1207
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:33
Location: Rainy Devon

Re: No idea!

Post by punky » 10 Nov 2014, 02:00

some bloke wrote:Hi Mossy - welcome to the forum.

The doubler on a T20 will be way OTT for a Photon XT mate. It'll only lead to whiteout at the ranges it's capable of head shooting bunnies at. :angel:
Mmm got a doubler on my t20 three mode on my photon no white out ever!!it narrows the beam and helps to see further,also not got a reduced iris thing you used to punt out Dave
Two and half million made and three quarters of these still on the road,can you say the same about your 4x4
LANDROVER A BRAND LOVED WORLDWIDE
One life live it!!!!!!

User avatar
some bloke
NON EMMET
Posts: 9501
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:14
Location: Leicester mostly but DEEP S.West sometimes

Re: No idea!

Post by some bloke » 10 Nov 2014, 04:09

punky wrote:
some bloke wrote:Hi Mossy - welcome to the forum.

The doubler on a T20 will be way OTT for a Photon XT mate. It'll only lead to whiteout at the ranges it's capable of head shooting bunnies at. :angel:
Mmm got a doubler on my t20 three mode on my photon no white out ever!!it narrows the beam and helps to see further,also not got a reduced iris thing you used to punt out Dave
Hmm, I read it as he would use a doubler on the T20 with a standard XT and I understand the XT is more sensitive. ISTR you have a doubler on your Photon which adds a couple of F stops or so?

I also see that I may have had a dyslexic moment in regard to whether his doubler is in fact for his T20 or the Photon XT. :oops:

punky
Posts: 1207
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:33
Location: Rainy Devon

Re: No idea!

Post by punky » 10 Nov 2014, 10:22

:crazy: I think it's a doubler on the photon m8 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Two and half million made and three quarters of these still on the road,can you say the same about your 4x4
LANDROVER A BRAND LOVED WORLDWIDE
One life live it!!!!!!

User avatar
some bloke
NON EMMET
Posts: 9501
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:14
Location: Leicester mostly but DEEP S.West sometimes

Re: No idea!

Post by some bloke » 10 Nov 2014, 10:30

punky wrote::crazy: I think it's a doubler on the photon m8 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arr - looks that way - bit of shit advice there, sorry Mossy. :angel:

MossyNW
Posts: 6
Joined: 09 Nov 2014, 20:19
Location: North West

Re: No idea!

Post by MossyNW » 10 Nov 2014, 22:31

Ok thanks to all ..... Just been quoted £137 for a doubler by Scott Country!!!!! Seems a bit steep, any advice on prices would be welcome ..... Or is it Hobson's choice ..... ????

punky
Posts: 1207
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:33
Location: Rainy Devon

Re: No idea!

Post by punky » 10 Nov 2014, 23:02

Optics planet flea bay or so times on here that's where I got mine from :thumbup: stick a wanted up on the for sale wanted section
Two and half million made and three quarters of these still on the road,can you say the same about your 4x4
LANDROVER A BRAND LOVED WORLDWIDE
One life live it!!!!!!

Post Reply