Page 1 of 1
No idea!
Posted: 09 Nov 2014, 20:44
by MossyNW
I had no idea there was a night vision forum so when I "discovered" it while trawling the Internet for some night vision gear I was well chuffed. I have had air rifles since I was old enough and shotguns ... for 47 years! I am semi retired and now have a CZ .22LR Rimfire and some good new permissions, one of which is a golf course so I decided to buy some night vision to facilitate some fun and bunnie reduction.
I have been looking at the new Photon XT, T20 and a "doubler".
So, I'll start ..... Looking and seeking advice!!!
Re: No idea!
Posted: 09 Nov 2014, 21:56
by some bloke
Hi Mossy - welcome to the forum.
The doubler on a T20 will be way OTT for a Photon XT mate. It'll only lead to whiteout at the ranges it's capable of head shooting bunnies at.

Re: No idea!
Posted: 09 Nov 2014, 22:04
by 22-250jock
watcha Mossy
welcome to the forum
I'm sure you'll get a fair few replies regarding a doubler for the photon........seem they're a bit like marmite......you either love em or hate em
cheers jock
Re: No idea!
Posted: 09 Nov 2014, 22:07
by PESCA
Glad you found the forum, Mossy. Hope you get plenty of info here.
George
Re: No idea!
Posted: 10 Nov 2014, 02:00
by punky
some bloke wrote:Hi Mossy - welcome to the forum.
The doubler on a T20 will be way OTT for a Photon XT mate. It'll only lead to whiteout at the ranges it's capable of head shooting bunnies at.

Mmm got a doubler on my t20 three mode on my photon no white out ever!!it narrows the beam and helps to see further,also not got a reduced iris thing you used to punt out Dave
Re: No idea!
Posted: 10 Nov 2014, 04:09
by some bloke
punky wrote:some bloke wrote:Hi Mossy - welcome to the forum.
The doubler on a T20 will be way OTT for a Photon XT mate. It'll only lead to whiteout at the ranges it's capable of head shooting bunnies at.

Mmm got a doubler on my t20 three mode on my photon no white out ever!!it narrows the beam and helps to see further,also not got a reduced iris thing you used to punt out Dave
Hmm, I read it as he would use a doubler on the T20 with a standard XT and I understand the XT is more sensitive. ISTR you have a doubler on your Photon which adds a couple of F stops or so?
I also see that I may have had a dyslexic moment in regard to whether his doubler is in fact for his T20 or the Photon XT.

Re: No idea!
Posted: 10 Nov 2014, 10:22
by punky
Re: No idea!
Posted: 10 Nov 2014, 10:30
by some bloke
Arr - looks that way - bit of shit advice there, sorry Mossy.

Re: No idea!
Posted: 10 Nov 2014, 22:31
by MossyNW
Ok thanks to all ..... Just been quoted £137 for a doubler by Scott Country!!!!! Seems a bit steep, any advice on prices would be welcome ..... Or is it Hobson's choice ..... ????
Re: No idea!
Posted: 10 Nov 2014, 23:02
by punky
Optics planet flea bay or so times on here that's where I got mine from

stick a wanted up on the for sale wanted section