Battery/monitor boxes & part builds. Very Photo Heavy

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
some bloke
NON EMMET

Battery/monitor boxes & part builds. Very Photo Heavy

Post by some bloke » 12 Dec 2015, 07:21

Now at reduced prices - and with options for extras to be fitted if you are not equipped to fit them yourself:

These project boxes are custom moulded to a friction fit size for 5" monitors to be used as a press fit/flip out 'lid'.
Be advised that the 5" monitors which have a fixing screw in each back cover corner will not fit.
If in doubt buy the 5" monitors from SURE24 or here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1

They are about 48mm deep overall, with about 30mm space behind the deepest part of the seated monitor.

This is one showing my E700/M42 lens adaptor fitted:

Showing my E700/C mount lens adaptor fitted:

With a bit of care you can get all this and more inside them before the monitor is seated on the pivot pillars:

This is how you open the box;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNOhhMY1UsE

Clearance price for the bare box is now £20 collected. RMSD is £8.

Part built very solid Quickfit add-on module

I can supply a machined down bush fitted EVO torch body in one if required for a quick release scope mount to secure
the module to a weaver rail to end up with a result like this:

This is how seriously solid the module would be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu8wVIAhErU

The fins have been turned down to 30mm to clamp inside the 30mm scope mount shown. The scope mount is not supplied.

Showing the inside of the box, its solvent welded reinforcement base for the torch body, The brass bush that is screwed
and loctited into the torch body and two M4 anti-rotation screws that also act as the earth connection for the IR pill.

More information about the cut down torch body is detailed here:

http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19210

This part built add-on option is £50 posted RMSD

I anticipate adding a part built spotter box option with fitted torch and lens mounts to this post in a few days.
Last edited by some bloke on 18 Nov 2018, 14:57, edited 9 times in total.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Re: Some bloke battery/monitor boxes back in stock

Post by some bloke » 29 Sep 2017, 15:44

These are back in stock now.

poppy mae

Re: Some bloke battery/monitor boxes back in stock

Post by poppy mae » 29 Sep 2017, 15:46

Dave could do with 3 boxes please, could you pm your details and paypal , thanks....

some bloke
NON EMMET

Re: Some bloke battery/monitor boxes clearout bargains Photo Heavy

Post by some bloke » 06 Nov 2018, 15:14

Edited first post with clearance price reduction, more photos and a post op extra that can be fitted.

I anticipate also making a spotter module with pre fitted torch and camera adaptor available.

Don't be shy about asking for other pre-ops at reasonable cost - I might surprise myself and say yes. :angel:

some bloke
NON EMMET

Re: Some bloke battery/monitor boxes clearout bargains Photo Heavy

Post by some bloke » 18 Nov 2018, 14:05

I have found a spare bag of latching 'push on push off' very quiet switches in my parts drawers so I can supply two with any part-build box assembly sold.

Part built integrated torch spotter. Sorry - surplus integrated torch build bodies are now gone.

I drill the holes with a pre set jig - so they will have to be in the positions shown.

I fit a bespoke EVO torch body and C mount lens/E700 camera carrier adaptor found in these links:
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9998
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19210

What you get for £60 including RMSD.

An 'AS' IR pill with soldered on trailing 1mm solid positive wire can be fitted into the torch body as a £10 optional extra. Or a Black Sun Ruby pill can be fitted at an extra £35.

Showing how the lens and camera can be steered to better coincide with the torch beam when setting it up after completion.

Your spotter could end up looking like this:
Last edited by some bloke on 15 Jan 2019, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Re: Battery/monitor boxes & part builds. Very Photo Heavy

Post by some bloke » 11 Dec 2018, 20:15

I'm still able to supply part or fully built front KwikFit add on modules for a while, here is one I've made for a left handed shooter to use his right hand for switching on the power to the imaging and illuminator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rnrY_5d43Y Sorry the surplus integrated torch bodies are all gone now.

And one with just an EVO torch body machined down and trimmed to fit into a 30mm quick release scope mount and threaded with a brass bush through the box. After fitting there are two M4 screws drilled and tapped through the panel into the torch body to prevent rotation while adjusting the torch focus, one of which is used to ground the illuminator. The handwritten note is there because i've used the clip for a facebook sale post.

https://youtu.be/0Hoi9DJpscg

If anyone has a specific build level interest don't be shy about asking.
Last edited by some bloke on 15 Jan 2019, 00:22, edited 3 times in total.

skewey

Post by skewey » 07 Jan 2019, 14:04

Hi
Just a long shot but do you have any of the part built spotter boxes available.

Kind Regards
Paul

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 08 Jan 2019, 13:17

Hi skewy, welcome to the forum, dunno how I missed this yesterday, sorry. :angel:

Yes I do have them - as per the latter post with photos about them at £60 OK?

A Black Sun or Black Sun Ruby IR pill would add £35. The black Sun pills are more reliable than the Chinese one's.

A pistol grip handle would add £5.

Regards, Dave.

AdrianMaher

Post by AdrianMaher » 15 Jan 2019, 22:19

Hi

I would like to purchase an enclosure box, the F1.2 lens, and carrying shroud, if these are still available?

Thanks
Adrian

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 16 Jan 2019, 02:14

AdrianMaher wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 22:19
Hi

I would like to purchase an enclosure box, the F1.2 lens, and carrying shroud, if these are still available?

Thanks
Adrian
Hi Adrian, welcome to the forum mate.

Thats these four items incuding the lens tension spring.They will cost £45 but I'll have to try and find the shipping costs after you indicate the type and risk shipping you want to get it down under. :angel:

EDIT: Selling overseas is nearly always an issue. Do you have a UK friend I can post it to for £50 total? As usual Royal Mail make it difficult to try to find prices to the point that they are a frustrating joke and making me feel like giving up.

Say a 500 gram packed weight small parcel with a maximum biggest side of 200mm insured to £50 value - your risk I'm afraid, due to learned past experience of trying to get compensation: They only compensate what I can prove something costs me rather than what I sell it for. That sounds harsh but its a true fact. :roll:
Attachments
weight - Copy.JPG