Wanted 17 hornet

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
Post Reply
Barmyfarmer
Posts: 412
Joined: 04 Oct 2015, 18:19
Location: Cheshire

Wanted 17 hornet

Post by Barmyfarmer » 01 Mar 2016, 22:07

Wanting to add a 17 hornet to the safe if anyone sees one for sale, preferably a cz :thumbup:

bobjs
Posts: 1549
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 18:46
Location: tidworth/Downton Abbey newbury

Re: Wanted 17 hornet

Post by bobjs » 02 Mar 2016, 08:06

there are 2 for sale on the stalking directory,both CZS,

bob
known by many. liked by some. hated by a few.what would you do,who cares lets get out shooting
WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it.

http://lupusuk.org.uk/donate-now

Barmyfarmer
Posts: 412
Joined: 04 Oct 2015, 18:19
Location: Cheshire

Re: Wanted 17 hornet

Post by Barmyfarmer » 02 Mar 2016, 09:20

Think they both sold Bob :thumbdown:

bobjs
Posts: 1549
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 18:46
Location: tidworth/Downton Abbey newbury

Re: Wanted 17 hornet

Post by bobjs » 02 Mar 2016, 11:51

Barmyfarmer wrote:Think they both sold Bob :thumbdown:
what a bugger

sorry dude.

got a cracking 20 tac here. :)

bob.
known by many. liked by some. hated by a few.what would you do,who cares lets get out shooting
WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it.

http://lupusuk.org.uk/donate-now

User avatar
Tremo
Posts: 533
Joined: 31 Mar 2015, 11:11
Location: Pontypool

Re: Wanted 17 hornet

Post by Tremo » 02 Mar 2016, 12:22

Barmyfarmer wrote:Wanting to add a 17 hornet to the safe if anyone sees one for sale, preferably a cz :thumbup:
I've had my CZ Hornet for a few weeks mate. It is absolutely superb! :clap: . I can't get enough of it.

Barmyfarmer
Posts: 412
Joined: 04 Oct 2015, 18:19
Location: Cheshire

Re: Wanted 17 hornet

Post by Barmyfarmer » 02 Mar 2016, 13:23

Tremo wrote:
Barmyfarmer wrote:Wanting to add a 17 hornet to the safe if anyone sees one for sale, preferably a cz :thumbup:
I've had my CZ Hornet for a few weeks mate. It is absolutely superb! :clap: . I can't get enough of it.
How much was it tremo? Did you get it new? Some one quoted me £1200 for a new cz with moderator :wtf:

User avatar
Tremo
Posts: 533
Joined: 31 Mar 2015, 11:11
Location: Pontypool

Re: Wanted 17 hornet

Post by Tremo » 02 Mar 2016, 13:32

Barmyfarmer wrote:
Tremo wrote:
Barmyfarmer wrote:Wanting to add a 17 hornet to the safe if anyone sees one for sale, preferably a cz :thumbup:
I've had my CZ Hornet for a few weeks mate. It is absolutely superb! :clap: . I can't get enough of it.
How much was it tremo? Did you get it new? Some one quoted me £1200 for a new cz with moderator :wtf:
£1200???? Bloody hell mate. That's daylight robbery.

I looked around on Guntrader and picked it up new for £799 from an RFD in Cornwall (including the Hardy Hen IV moddy). Edgar Bothers were distributing them as a package to RFDs. This included a bipod and scope. I told the RFD that I wasn't only interested in the rifle and moderator. :thumbup: . Fair play they were excellent to deal with. The shipped it to my local RFD for £10 and even threw in a Plano hard case for free. :clap:

I don't know if they have any left. Give them a call and tell them that you want what I had. ;)

http://ianhodgefieldsports.co.uk

Barmyfarmer
Posts: 412
Joined: 04 Oct 2015, 18:19
Location: Cheshire

Re: Wanted 17 hornet

Post by Barmyfarmer » 02 Mar 2016, 19:30

Sent them a message tremo thanks mate :thumbup: theres a brand new one on gun trader for £700 so not as bad as I thought but think the mods are expensive, what are you paying for ammo? Will be factory stuff for me as I don't load!

User avatar
Tremo
Posts: 533
Joined: 31 Mar 2015, 11:11
Location: Pontypool

Re: Wanted 17 hornet

Post by Tremo » 02 Mar 2016, 20:12

My local RFD wanted £799 just for the rifle. The Hardy was about £240 on top. I would look around for the package like I said. :thumbup:

The 527 and the Hardy is a perfect match. I must say, the moderation is superb. It has less crack than the .17HMR that I used to own.

I have reloaded from the beginning. Never put a factory round through it.

I think that factory ammo is about £21(ish) for 25. From what I've read the factory loads are pretty fast mind you. Circa 3600 fps. Not to be sniffed at. ;) . My reloads cost me just over 30p each I believe.

I'm working on a load at the moment that should come in around 3800 fps. No pressure signs at all, but I can't run it over the chrono yet because I managed to shoot it last week when running some .223 loads over it. :oops: .

Post Reply