QwikFit Add On rigs.

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
Ells696

Re: QwikFit Add On rigs... revised 2018 spec. PHOTO HEAVY!

Post by Ells696 » 01 Mar 2018, 16:32

Hi Dave can I order the kit with 50mm torch head please how do I send payment

phillip

Post by phillip » 13 Mar 2018, 19:26

Hi some bloke .just paid into your pay pall .quick fit. With evo 38. Blacksun .many thanks.

Kran

Post by Kran » 14 Mar 2018, 21:10

Hi Dave, I'd like to buy one of your kits. I'm a bit confused about these pills? Totally new to this night vision malarkey. I'll PM you now too

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 15 Mar 2018, 14:04

Kran wrote:Hi Dave, I'd like to buy one of your kits. I'm a bit confused about these pills? Totally new to this night vision malarkey. I'll PM you now too
Hi Kieran, I get asked the difference a few times so I've copied part of my private message reply to you for other members to see:

I offer 3 different triple power mode pill options now:

Basic Chinese 4715AS 850nm wavelength spec is usually OK for most shooters at moderate ranges. Some have been known to need replacing after a year or so.

Black Sun pills made by Clive Ward of Night Vision Store: Improved performance using slightly more power but also have better heat dissipation so should last longer - and he uses Osram's top bin LED's which are more efficient.

Black Sun Ruby - as above but with a slightly lower more visible wavelength that better matches the E700 camera peak sensitivity, with a tighter beam profile. It's slightly less covert but great for even further improved long distance results because the brighter light is probably not considered as great a threat by distant fox for example. I'd anticipate more close up runners if they're red light lamp shy and I don't recommend these for bunny bashing.

Kran

Post by Kran » 15 Mar 2018, 22:28

Hi Dave, just ordered a Black Sun 67mm lens spec. Payment just sent via PayPal. Can't wait to get out and about with it, thanks again.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 15 Mar 2018, 22:55

Thanks chaps. Phillip, yours is packed, expect to sign for it before 1PM Monday - but you might drop lucky with a Saturday delivery if you have a nice postman.

Kieran yours should be posted Monday - usually takes about 3 days to ROI.

phillip

Post by phillip » 16 Mar 2018, 08:46

Thanks Dave.for advice and speedy delivery .manythanks phil

phillip

Post by phillip » 17 Mar 2018, 17:56

Parcel came.Dave. would like to say cracking piece of kit. . Manythanks phil

Kran

Post by Kran » 28 Mar 2018, 12:12

My unit arrived Monday and had my first opportunity to try it out last night. Absolutely gobsmacked at its range. I could clearly see rabbits 180 yards away from me and spotted 2 foxes even further out and only had it on medium power. Had fitted it on my 22lr but I got the caller out and called one of the foxes into 60 yards before dropping it. It hadn't a clue I was there. Brilliant piece of kit and well thought out and nicely put together too. I may have to buy a smaller lens head off you too Dave, would that lessen the hot spot in the center of the light? No body lamps rabbits near me and they are so used to it I could walk up to within 35 yards of them last night. The hot spot that close in was a little distracting on the screen.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 28 Mar 2018, 12:43

Kran wrote:My unit arrived Monday and had my first opportunity to try it out last night. Absolutely gobsmacked at its range. I could clearly see rabbits 180 yards away from me and spotted 2 foxes even further out and only had it on medium power. Had fitted it on my 22lr but I got the caller out and called one of the foxes into 60 yards before dropping it. It hadn't a clue I was there. Brilliant piece of kit and well thought out and nicely put together too. I may have to buy a smaller lens head off you too Dave, would that lessen the hot spot in the center of the light? No body lamps rabbits near me and they are so used to it I could walk up to within 35 yards of them last night. The hot spot that close in was a little distracting on the screen.
Aw it's nice to see people are happy with it thanks. :thumbup:

A smaller torch head would broaden the tightest beam setting making it less intense - but zooming the 67mm torch head wider would also achieve that whilst retaining the high intensity tight beam if you need it on rare occasions. However, a 38mm head will weigh a heck of a lot less.

I'd use low power close in. The silent torch switch will allow you to swap between power settings without making the typical loud clicks of a tail cap torch switch. In addition you won't be wobbling the torch beam around while moving your left hand from supporting the forestock to a torch. With practice you'll be able to prod the switch with your thumb if you get your left hand in the right place on the forestock and you have big hands lol. That allows you the extra advantage of shouldering the rifle before turning the IR on so the quarry doesn't see the glowing IR rise. Few people think about the moving light source giveaway because they don't see it from behind the rifle. :angel: