E700/C mount lens carriers for spotter builds - clearance.

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
some bloke
NON EMMET

E700/C mount lens carriers for spotter builds - clearance.

Post by some bloke » 01 Dec 2018, 15:04

I've renamed these to better reflect their purpose to a newcomer contemplating a spotter build. The clearance price of the remaining one's are £18 each. Add £7 RMSD regardless of how many you order at one time.

To get the best from a spotter it helps to compare the glass lens diameters of the type of lens you will use. CCTV zoom lenses generally have 11mm diameter rear glass elements. 'C' mount lenses that are better for our purposes generally have 16mm diameter rear glass elements. So we need a proportionally larger hole through a fitting adaptor to get the best out of them.

The bonus with this type of adaptor is massive because the whole of the wider (16mm) C mount rear glass lens views the whole of the CCD sensor edges through a 16mm 'apeture' rather than the cheaper ebay types that screw into the M12 threaded camera neck with a tiny 10.5 mm hole through them that is designed to suit the small rear glass element of the zoom type CCTV lens. The Ebay one's therefore obstruct some of the edge detail from the exit pupil of a 'C' mount lens on its way to the camera sensor.

My E700/C mount lens camera carriers also have four M4 threaded fixing holes to solidly fix the lens and camera assmbly to your panel. :angel:

They are designed to reliably and robustly fix a C mount lens to a panel or box, then use the 16mm diameter neck of any metal cased camera to accurately centre and glue it into the rear of it using silicone bathroom sealant on the metal case. Note the camera body, being inside a protective box is not subject to the occasional handling knocks that the external lens would get, and the sealant sticks like shit to a blanket. 8-)

Notice the O-ring around the neck of the carriers?

Now look close to see the gap between the top of the lens carrier and the box of my mag mount spotter is wider than at the bottom, and the lens is tilted slightly lower than the torch? The O-ring allows the adaptor to be tilted by adjusting the tension of the fixing screws so the camera and lens views slightly lower than where a fixed torch beam is centered at: We don't need much light in the foreground, so getting the light beam's hot spot higher in the monitor lights up the distance better, partly because the foreground brightness would otherwise be shuttered out by the camera, which shuts down the distance performance too. We can avoid that by aiming the torch high - or the camera and lens lower.
Attachments
C mount (13).JPG
C mount (12).JPG
C mount (11).JPG
Last edited by some bloke on 01 May 2020, 21:14, edited 6 times in total.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Re: E700/C mount lens carriers for spotter builds.

Post by some bloke » 25 Dec 2018, 07:30

They become a complete 'tilt-able' camera/lens carrier module for spotter builds.

Loosen this screw and tighten the bottom one to aim the imaging assembly higher (or aim torch beam lower). Also trim the position of the torch beam left or right with one of the left or right screws.

Notice the different E700 camera lens lengths and the length of the neck they screw into. A 16mm lens neck needs to be cropped back because C mount lens flange focal length has to get closer than the neck length would allow. An E700 with a 12mm lens neck doesn't need to be trimmed back because it has a shorter neck, allowing the C mount lens barrel to retract close enough to acheive infinity focus.

You will need to fit the adaptor into a 20mm hole in your panel or box. Then drill through its 4mm threaded fixing holes with a 3mm drill bit, then remove the adaptor and drill out the 3mm holes in your box to 4 mm - or 5mm to allow a little latitude.

What the inside looks like before the 16mm camera neck is guided in and glued with silicone sealant - but can be removed with a decisive twist.

Note that CS mount cameras have a shorter back focal length than C mount cameras despite having the same thread. These adaptors are not designed to be used with CS mount lenses as they will not allow the lens to get 5mm closer to the CCD sensor. Also note they are only designed to mount metal bodied cameras that have a 16mm outer diameter lens neck.
Attachments
DSCF6993.JPG
C mount to e700 adaptor (1).JPG
In Window.JPG
Last edited by some bloke on 01 May 2020, 21:25, edited 7 times in total.

Leeroygilder

Re: E700/C mount lens carriers for spotter builds - clearance.

Post by Leeroygilder » 30 Jan 2019, 17:17

Hello David could you send me your PayPal details please

Carrot

Post by Carrot » 02 Jun 2019, 15:27

Hi Dave first many thanks for your advice on my ej230 problems, took your advice contacted sure24 but by the time they got back to me my computer geek friend had sorted it (they are a strange breed).my scopeless project is now on hold but I am going to build a spotter (rats and rabbits). I would like to buy one of your c mount lens adapters and one of your boxes, I have loads of cameras and c mount lenses (a friend installs covert cameras and things but that is aall secret) again many thanks and look forward to your reply regards Paul 07753637193

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 03 Jun 2019, 10:00

Hiya Paul, Sorry for the late reply - I busy myself with other things in decent weather.

The boxes are £20 and the lens carrier is £10, shipping to UK address is £8 RMSD for them. They are in stock and ready to ship within 24 hrs of £38 payment receipt. My email and paypal addy is: davidgeorge69@btinternet.com.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 04 Jun 2019, 22:03

Sorry about images not matching texts but its doing my head in trying to edit images into the right places when we can't delete them from sales posts - (understandably by the way)
Attachments
C mount to e700 adaptor (5).JPG
12mm and 16mm difference.jpg
Last edited by some bloke on 01 May 2020, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

tomburras

Post by tomburras » 17 Jun 2019, 19:51

Hi please can I have an e700 mount? Cheers. Tom.