Another surplus parts hand held spotter build for sale.

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Another surplus parts hand held spotter build for sale.

Post by some bloke » 27 Jan 2019, 19:18

Another budget priced spotter using surplus parts that a buyer with a spare illuminator can use it on, so its likely to appeal to someone who splashed out on a laser IR and now has a spare IR torch. Spotters don't need as much IR as an add on, and can often be used under moonlight alone.

This one has an F2 M12 lens fitted to an E700 camera in an adaptor that also carries a mini weaver rail for a scope mount equipped IR torch.

The chunky solid machined machined handle has a deep 1/4" 20 TPI tripod thread in the base so it can be mounted to a tripod - or to the optional extra strong magnetic roof mount with a custom made stainless steel ball stud that can be tensioned as needed to allow pan and tilt action by hand, ideally reached via a tilt slide sunroof. The handle can removed and the tripod or magmount screwed direct to the spotter.

Buyer supplies their own two flat top 18650 batteries, short button top cells MIGHT fit but the longer one's will not.

This is how the 5" 800x480 monitor/lid is press/flipped out to fit batteries or trail into the vehicle. In case anyone is skip reading this - observe I have advised the tiny sunshade will break off if you pull it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNOhhMY1UsE

The first part of this video is how the powerful mag mount option is used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3acKW762XU

You can't see an image on the monitor in this photo because of the neutral densiity filter gel that greatly reduces night glare is too dark in the light.

This optional extra magnetic roof mount base can be screwed directly into the spotter - or deep into the base of the handle. Price is £30 if ordered with the rig or £40 separately.

The monitor is hardwired with a one metre long trailing cable so it can also be held out a truck window while the monitor is out of quarry sight inside the vehicle. This specific monitor doesn't have the neutral density filter and is only used in this photo to show an image.

Just so you can see the magnetic base is quite powerful.

I personally recommennd the base is screwed directly to the spotter - but if you is a lazy boy....

If you don't have an IR torch I can supply this one including the mount with the spotter for an additional £25.

Price is £170 for the hand held spotter or £200 with the magnetic roof base. I can currently build another two of these. Considering the camera alone costs £70 this represents very good value for money.

My regular non surplus parts spotters are nearly £300 - seen here:
https://www.nightvisionforumuk.com/view ... hp?t=16312

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Re: Another surplus parts hand held spotter build for sale.

Post by some bloke » 18 Aug 2019, 21:36

Time for a bump.