VCSElaser diodes, 501b drop in pills and LasIR illuminators.

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

VCSElaser diodes, 501b drop in pills and LasIR illuminators.

Post by some bloke » 08 Nov 2019, 18:30

Please post any questions or other non sale comments on this thread. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=21429&start=30
Please take the time to fully read that thread to be sure you understand what to expect from these item - and what not to expect.

VCSEL diode only, £18 posted.

VCSEL diode on 16mm alumium board, £26 posted.

Driver with cables, sorry but not sold separately. £6:
These arrive to me as 1400MAH five mode default drivers without a spring. I will solder a coil spring to the rear, solder two component legs together to convert them to triple memory mode - then remove one or two of the 350MAH chips to reduce the 1400MAH to either 1050MAH,or 700MAH, buyer to specify the driving power they want. 1050MAH seem to have slightly better penetration than 700MAH.

VCSEL drop in pill for 501b torch with (1050MAH three memory default mode driver) machined focal spacer and aspheric lens, £40 posted.

The LasIR illuminator complete, £60 included RMSD postage to UK.

LasIR illuminator seen in use here at 3.25 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn2Ej02UpDY&t

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is liable to be edited occasionally due to developments and how dyslexic I am at any given time. ;)

The components and illuminators are not large enough to carry a laser safety warning sticker: To cover my butt, YOU WILL PLEASE indicate you have read this warning label when placing an order for a complete LasIR in this thread.

I had originally planned not to sell complete illuminators - but using a simple aspheric lens to enable DIY fitting of pills for fixed beam use is not working out very well, R&D will continue. DIY'ers will not be equipped to fit the threaded TV lenses that are doing so well.

The multi glass elements of camera lenses with light coming from instead of going in is providing much better results - not quite up to that of the bulkier and heavier Yukon night vision lens varieties - but these are not at the prices of those either.

Their intended application is to provide lightweight and compact longer distance rifle night vision illumination for those using scope magnification from about 8 mag. If you are using less scope mag you don't need a laser anyway. If a Pard rig is being used it already has a laser illuminator suited to closer ranges and wider FOV.

They are not at all suitable for spotters that are better served with LED's that have a much nicer result when zoomed wide and don't need as much illumination as rifle rigs anyway.

LasIR will be supplied with a mount that can be clamped to a barrel - or separated to clamp to a side or top mounted weaver rail.

I've had to juggle things around a bit inside the torch head so they'll need flat top 18650's as space is tight and button tops may be too long unless they are some of the shortest varieties.
Attachments
LasIR - small.jpg
LasIR - small.jpg (15.91 KiB) Viewed 1062 times
ETC.jpg
warning - Copy.jpg
warning - Copy.jpg (26.33 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
Last edited by some bloke on 24 Mar 2020, 00:48, edited 30 times in total.

22-250jock

Re: VCSEL laser diodes & drop in pills for 501b torches.

Post by 22-250jock » 08 Nov 2019, 20:52

watcha Dave

stick me down for a diode on a 16mm board please mate,

I've still got a 501 (with the ahorton lens i got from your goodself) sitting in the bottom of my NV bag, with a red pill in it.... :thumbup:

cheers jock
“When guns are outlawed, only the Government will have guns. The Government - and a few outlaws. If that happens, you can count me among the outlaws.”
― Edward Abbey,

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 08 Nov 2019, 21:19

22-250jock wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 20:52
watcha Dave

stick me down for a diode on a 16mm board please mate,

I've still got a 501 (with the ahorton lens i got from your goodself) sitting in the bottom of my NV bag, with a red pill in it.... :thumbup:

cheers jock
I initially got results wi an Ahorton lens but the current success is with shorter focal length one's, easier to squeeze into the torch. I have more than I'll ever use so remind me to bung one in with the board. :thumbup:

22-250jock

Post by 22-250jock » 09 Nov 2019, 07:59

Good to know, thanks Dave :thumbup:

Cheers jock
“When guns are outlawed, only the Government will have guns. The Government - and a few outlaws. If that happens, you can count me among the outlaws.”
― Edward Abbey,

nealh

Post by nealh » 13 Nov 2019, 16:09

Dave, put me down for 1 VCSEL drop in pill, focal spacer and aspheric lens.
I will send you my USA address so you can include postage.
Cheers.
Neal
I love this country; it's the damn government I'm afraid of!

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Re: VCSElaser diodes, 501b drop in pills and LASIR illuminators.

Post by some bloke » 12 Dec 2019, 19:50

First post has been edited.

I had originally planned not to sell complete illuminators - but using a simple aspheric lens to enable DIY fitting of pills for fixed beam use is not working out very well, R&D will continue. DIY'ers will not be equipped to fit the threaded TV lenses that are doing much better.

The multi glass elements of camera lenses with light coming out instead of in is doing surprisingly well - not quite up to that of the bulkier and heavier Yukon lens varieties - but not at the price of those either.

Their intended application is to provide lightweight and compact longer distance rifle night vision illumination for those using scope magnification higher than about 8 mag. If a Pard rig is being used it already has an illuminator suited to closer ranges and wider FOV.

They are not at all suitable for spotters that are better served with LED's that have a much nicer result when zoomed wide.

They will be supplied with a mount that can be clamped to a barrel - or the barrel clamp can be removed to expose a weaver clamp for a side or top mounted rail. The clamp is wide enough to insert some shim material to lift the front of the torch slightly, aiming higher than some rigs that have fixed aim illuminators such as PARD.

I'm expecting delivery of a small batch of diodes by December 16th and should have 5 LASIR illuminators ready later next week.

Price will initially be £50 posted RMSD - which I think is about £9 - and may be revised at a later date if I proceed with general low volume availability. The torches have been knocking about a drawer for three years or so and may show some small signs that they are not brand new.
Last edited by some bloke on 22 Jan 2020, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 12 Dec 2019, 22:20

Hi Dave, put me down for a Vcsel on a16mm board please

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 12 Dec 2019, 22:23

Kevgun wrote:
12 Dec 2019, 22:20
Hi Dave, put me down for a Vcsel on a16mm board please
Willdo Kev, likely towards the end of next week - but Xmas time last posting days... :silent:

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 13 Dec 2019, 07:13

OK Dave, i'm in no rush , so leave it until the rush as finished if you want.

Kev

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 14 Dec 2019, 00:21

Hokeydoki. :angel:

The diodes turned up a few days earlier than expected so I have all weekend to get into them.

Here's a quick video to show how the beam is not wide enough to use for spotters. LED's produce cleaner images when opened out wide and spotters don't need as much light as add on rigs anyway.

https://youtu.be/Q0gVjMFadrM

Sorry about the poor imaging results - Photobucket are playing up again and the new place I'm using looks to be erratic at best.