HAND HELD/MAGNETIC PAN/TILT SUNROOF SPOTTER.

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

HAND HELD/MAGNETIC PAN/TILT SUNROOF SPOTTER.

Post by some bloke » 13 Jan 2021, 06:20

I made this dual purpose spotter some time ago but rarely used it as I subsequently made a thermal one that replaced it. The pan and tilt base will attach to a steel roof - ideally with a tilt slide sunroof to reach up to manually adjust it as required.

To switch from a hand held spotter to a mag mount spotter: first unscrew the handle that has a 1/4" 20 TPI tripod thread stud at the top, then screw the mag-mount tripod stud into the aluminium mounting block and tighten the locknut with an 11mm spanner or pliers.

The 5" adjustable brightness 800x480 res monitor acts as a flip off lid to the electronics box, This is how the box is opened for battery changing.
DO NOT PULL THE SUNSHADE TO OPEN THE BATTERY BOX!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNOhhMY1UsE

Unplug the monitor cable from its socket - note the white strand of the cable faces out fit the extension cable into the socket white cable facing out then plug the monitor cable into the extension cable socket - matching up the colours. The monitor can then be trailed into the truck, ideally locating it below window level so quarry doesn't see it.

The Illuminator torch head rotates to adjust the zoom of the IR beam. A 3 memory mode 850nm AS LED pill is fitted as standard (controlled by the upper switch) The switch is seriously quiet and will cycle through lo/med/hi power modes by half pressing it. Leaving it on any power setting for three seconds or more will activate the power mode memory.

The used but expensive 75mm F1.4 Cosmicar TV lens (about £400 new) is a serious upgrade but has some scratches on the anodising - the spotter is otherwise as new. It is best suited to longer ranges. Also supplied is a 25mm F1.4 TV lens for wider viewing angles they simply screw in.

The box requires three USER SUPPLY 18650 batteries: I didn't supply batteries or chargers so the buyer doesn't need to return the spotter for repair if a battery fails - and if one goes bang because he did something silly he won't be suing me either. Expect 5 hours from the optics - powered by two batteries and about an hour from the single battery powering the illuminator - so best carry a spare or two, they are quick and easy to change.

On good moonlit nights or that 'in between' light at dusk or dawn where your eye can't see much, the E700 camera will respond to the remaining ambient infra red light, letting you see to near infinity without an illuminator thanks to the high quality KPC E700 low light camera. On poor moonlit nights you'll see very little unless you use the 3 power mode zoom illuminator - which is why they have two switches. :angel:

I recommend this charger:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NITECORE-D4- ... 2981059930

The handle and magnetic base are packed loose to save packaging box size and materials - buyer to fit the nut onto the thread before use with pliers or 11mm spanner - but manly hand tight will suffice.[/quote]

The monitors have been known to let water leak in through the cooling vents and ruin the screen, so it is not claimed to be waterproof - but neither is an open sunroof. :-) A replacement monitor with cable can be ordered and wired for £36 + £6 RMSD.

See the first part of this video to see more of it - up until 1.29 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3acKW762XU

Price is £265 collected - or add £20 for RMSD postage.

If anything is unclear please ask.

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Re: HAND HELD/MAGNETIC PAN/TILT SUNROOF SPOTTER.

Post by some bloke » 18 Jan 2021, 15:24

Bump and price reduced - I don't need two roof spotters so if this doesn't sell soon I might list the thermal one.

£250 collected - add £20 for the heavier magnetic base RMSD.