Wanted: Dedal D760 / Cobra Centaur without tube

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Wanted: Dedal D760 / Cobra Centaur without tube

Post by cliveward » 10 Feb 2021, 12:52

Hi All,

My friend has a really nice XR5 tube in a broken housing and I suggested we try to find a D760 or Centaur 165 body to put it in to get him back up and running without massive outlay, hopefully. :silent:

So if you know of any gathering dust with dead tubes, please get in touch so he can get out foxing again. :thumbup:

I have no commercial interest in this by the way.

Cheers

Clive

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Re: Wanted: Dedal D760 / Cobra Centaur without tube

Post by cliveward » 24 Jul 2021, 16:31

Hi All,

Rake out your cupboards. Surely there must be loads of these gathering dust with dead tubes? They'll be museum pieces soon! :shock:

On a serious note, my mate has had no luck and is desperate to get out foxing with NV again.

Cheers

Clive

sniper0161

Post by sniper0161 » 25 Jul 2021, 20:04

Never mind trying to get your friend out foxing what about me,get my WT1-75-3 V2 back you’ve had it over 6 mth now,told me over a month ago it was repaired.I pity the guys buying your new one if theirs develop a fault.

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 25 Jul 2021, 22:24

sniper0161 wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 20:04
Never mind trying to get your friend out foxing what about me,get my WT1-75-3 V2 back you’ve had it over 6 mth now,told me over a month ago it was repaired.I pity the guys buying your new one if theirs develop a fault.
Sorry we've been completely at the mercy of the factory on that one. Good news is that it arrived back with us on Friday afternoon so will be checked over and sent back to you early this week.

The T-Ceptor is made in the UK so we don't need to send anything anywhere for service which makes life much easier for us and our customers. :thumbup:

Cheers

Clive

sniper0161

Post by sniper0161 » 25 Jul 2021, 23:11

Well thank god for the great service at long last, it came to yourselves with 27 mth warranty will it have the same when it comes back or full 3 yrs.It’s great your Tceptor won’t have the same problem and can be repaired without the need to send back to China.atb Ed

enumber2007

Post by enumber2007 » 27 Jul 2021, 20:55

That's a good question, will he get a full warranty when it comes back? I was thinking about a T-Ceptor myself.

camo304

Post by camo304 » 21 Apr 2022, 17:09

cliveward wrote:
10 Feb 2021, 12:52
Hi All,

My friend has a really nice XR5 tube in a broken housing and I suggested we try to find a D760 or Centaur 165 body to put it in to get him back up and running without massive outlay, hopefully. :silent:

So if you know of any gathering dust with dead tubes, please get in touch so he can get out foxing again. :thumbup:

I have no commercial interest in this by the way.

Cheers

Clive
Got one here Clive if you still need one.

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 08 Jun 2022, 11:42

Hi All,

Just thought I would close this one up...

After over a year of looking, we had pretty much given up. So my mate brought his old scope in and I spent a considerable amount of time getting it to 'work' :thumbup: Then, I kid you not, after this mammoth fanny session with his old unit, camo304 lets me know he had come into possession of a body. :lol: :lol:

A deal was struck and the body was quickly delivered. It was a bit of a gamble, because I was only assuming that a fat anvis would fit inside it. :shock:

Fortunately all was well and it looked like it would indeed fit an anvis tube. The housing did indeed look like brand new. There were a few internal issues in that the reticule parallax adjuster was knackered, the focus was siezed and the focus bezel threads, rather iffy. :lol: All easily fixed. :thumbup:

My mate finally dropped back in yesterday with the donor scope which quickly had the tube stripped out of it.

Then fitted into the new housing, reticule focus measured, tube out again and then back in, set via shimming (it needed .75mm) and then the objective focus range set. As this was an auto gating XR5 tube we could do this in daylight so it made it a lot more convenient. 8-)

All buttoned up and he's back in action.

Massive thanks again to camo304 for the housing. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The finished article!

Cheers

Clive