Pistol Grip Spotters. New specs and prices from October 2017

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
tht

Re: Pistol Grip Spotters. New specs and prices from October 2017

Post by tht » 07 Nov 2017, 22:09

Just been having a rabbit recce with my spotter which arrived today - what a brilliant bit of kit! Very happy customer thanks. :thumbup:

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 01 Jan 2018, 12:24

tht wrote:Just been having a rabbit recce with my spotter which arrived today - what a brilliant bit of kit! Very happy customer thanks. :thumbup:
Dunno how I missed this - thanks for the compliment. :thumbup:

I've done some editing of the details on page two - ought to get meself in gear and do a new thread about these soon. :roll:

doz

Post by doz » 04 Jan 2018, 20:36

Hi I'd liken to order a 67mm lens spotter with tripod handle. Can you pm me details please? Many thanks

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 16 Jan 2018, 17:24

Details edited to list Black Sun and Black Sun Ruby pills as a £25 optional extra instead of the standard 4715AS pill.

I can upgrade anyone's existing rig with either of the above for £40 which includes return RMSD to UK postcodes: I would retain the pill that is removed - they won't suit torches anyway because of the way I modify them for soldering the cables on.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 04 Nov 2018, 15:32

Some photos re-posted in the first page that were lost in the photobucket file sharing upset.

Jazzyboy

Post by Jazzyboy » 27 Nov 2018, 22:02

Hi Dave ,

Just confirming that I want one of these pistol grip spotters with 50mm torch and camera lens, a Black Sun Ruby pill, and left hand adjustable camera lens and switches please.

I have paid you already.

Many thanks

Gary

DrRock

Post by DrRock » 07 Jan 2019, 09:54

Hi Dave
I already contacted you by email about the magnetic roof spotters but after thinking will probably be best with a hand held spotter as we are often out of the shooting truck and walking. I did post a question on that thread which I would be grateful if you could answer here.

I have a UniqueFire UF-1605 75MM Convex Lens Torch head. Could I use this with your EVO torch with a Black sun Ruby pill? That’s the spec I would want and it would save me on the torch head.

Once I have heard from you I will put an order and payment through depending on the final spec

Thanks

James

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 07 Jan 2019, 13:19

DrRock wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 09:54
Hi Dave
I already contacted you by email about the magnetic roof spotters but after thinking will probably be best with a hand held spotter as we are often out of the shooting truck and walking. I did post a question on that thread which I would be grateful if you could answer here.

I have a UniqueFire UF-1605 75MM Convex Lens Torch head. Could I use this with your EVO torch with a Black sun Ruby pill? That’s the spec I would want and it would save me on the torch head.

Once I have heard from you I will put an order and payment through depending on the final spec

Thanks

James
Hi James. Welcome to the forum. I replied to the other thread but will paste that part here too. :thumbup:

I'm not sure about the newer spec torch head is a truthfull answer, the torch body/battery tube looks to have the same threaded and O-ring area. I'd say buy it without a head - so the base option + the extra for a Ruby pill, and order a head from the Torch Factory if yours doesn't fit.

---------------------------

But... With your spotter having a much broader field of view than a rifle scope that you will have bought your existing torch for, the tight beam of a 75mm torch head is going to look a bit like those 'down the rifled barrel' views in opening scenes of 007 movies, particularly if using a Ruby pill which is tighter than the others. It will of course zoom wider but that shroud MIGHT not allow the whole screen to get a lit scene. Plus its heavier and I think uneccessarily bulky for a hand carried spotter.

A smaller aspheric lens/torch head will produce a larger beam on its tightest setting - which then doesn't need to be zoomed as wide to fill the screen, and the light will not be quite as diluted - if that's the right word.

My advice is buy it assuming the 75mm head fits, decide if you like the weight and bulk of such a large head on the spotter, and if the beam can be zoomed wide enough to give a likeable viewing experience. I suspect it won't but you can order a smaller head from the Torch Factory for not much money.

There will also likely be quite a few people wanting to unload an EVO type torch/head now so many have decided they want to pee further with a new laser torch on a very nice looking Xmas present that doesn't see as far as an E700 based rig. :P Is there a tin hat smiley anywhere?

With it having a Ruby pill I think a 38mm or 50mm head will better suit your requirements, and be less cumbersome too.

DrRock

Post by DrRock » 07 Jan 2019, 15:46

Hey Dave
You’re absolutely right and I realise that “bigger is not better” here lol I’ve already learned that as I’ll explain. So I don’t know why I am thinking of stupidly doing the same thinks again

I actually bought my 75mm Uniquefire torch to go with a 940nm pill to extend the range of my DarkOps Nitesite viper which it does admirably but it’s stupidly heavy. I’ve got the 50 mm head as well and could give that a try with your spotter

My needs are foxing and rabbits and I would like to see out to 400 yds max. I bow to your considerably higher wisdom and advice so please could you recommend the best pill. Would the black pill ruby with 50mm be the best or could you advise me on the best combo. I’ll then order

Thanks

James

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 07 Jan 2019, 16:37

The 50mm head with a Ruby pill would be nearing its limits in an E700 based spotter at wide zoom, but more than dooable for 400 yard fox if you tighten the beam up because the fixed torch's beam is centered just above the crosshair to get a hotter spot into the distance with those tiltable C mount lens carriers I have custom made for me.

You'll not see rabbits at 400 yards unless you have darn good eyesight because they will be too small on the screen, well they are for my eyes. If you have better eyes, their tiny eyeshine might fill a pixel for you. :lol:

The price breakdown for that is:
Basic spotter with no head - £240
Black Sun Ruby pill is £35
RMSD is £13
Total is £288.

I'll Pm my paypal details to you, please send me your address details on here.

Bare in mind that you can hold the spotter out the truck window or roof and extend the 5" monitor into the truck where quarry won't see it with an extension cable.

If paid for today you'll hopefully have it for the weekend. Unless I hear different by late tonight I'll assume you propose to hold the spotter in your right hand and activate the switches and camera lens focus with your left. :angel: