Well now you cant buy EASTER EGGS

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
robert16

Re: Well now you cant buy EASTER EGGS

Post by robert16 » 07 Mar 2018, 21:08

You trying to say there isn't no churches converted into a mosque ????

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 07 Mar 2018, 21:40

How do you know which way a church 'faces' anyway? :think:
Thermal hunting forum

https://thermalhuntingforum.com/

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 07 Mar 2018, 22:39

sunndog wrote:How do you know which way a church 'faces' anyway? :think:

A church should face East where possible, that is, the altar will be at the eastern end
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 07 Mar 2018, 23:29

Your right Rod, the congregation should be facing "east in readiness for the second coming of Jesus"

The symbolism is where Jesus will come again, for example in the Book of Matthew 24:27:

For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

or even the fact that the Star that symbolised the birth of Jesus appeared in the East (Matthew 2:1-2):

After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.

Quite proud I managed to nearly reach chief choirboy in my youth :thumbup: always remember Mrs Binnig the organist dancing on the foot pedals in high heel shoes.

Phil
ImageImageImage

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 07 Mar 2018, 23:41

:wave: Todays thoughts for a less stressful life :think: don't read any newspapers the contents are always slanted by people who have a vested interest in convincing Joe Public which way they should be thinking and what they should believe :thumbup:
If you have no willpower and you succumb to reading crap :thumbdown: don't let the b#st#rds grind you down :thumbup:
If you must watch the news on TV :roll: turn off subtitles and mute the sound and wait for a good camera shot of either Jane Hill's or Lucy Verasamy's exquisite and ample bosoms :) quality :thumbup: and appreciate the fact that a good looking woman is good on the eyes and stirs the soul and a mumsy good looking lesbian stirs the parts that fantasy's are dreamt of :?:
Yes I need therapy :o :lolno:
Phil
Last edited by hairyyoda on 08 Mar 2018, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 08 Mar 2018, 11:40

rodp wrote:

A church should face East where possible, that is, the altar will be at the eastern end

Didn't know that. So churches do in fact face the right way for muslims.

When i worked nights at a place once we usec to get a muslim fella pull into the carpark so he could have a quick pray.
Thermal hunting forum

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 08 Mar 2018, 15:26

sunndog wrote:
rodp wrote:

Didn't know that. So churches do in fact face the right way for muslims.

When i worked nights at a place once we usec to get a muslim fella pull into the carpark so he could have a quick pray.
Only if you live due west of Mecca :D

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 08 Mar 2018, 15:43

Do they not just face east to pray?

If you go east or west far enough you will hit the kabaal or whatever it is :D
Thermal hunting forum

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 08 Mar 2018, 17:57

No, they pray to Mecca, their holy city which holds the tomb of their prophet Mohammed
Go to any hotel in a Muslim country and somewhere in every room there will an arrow pointing towards Mecca so that they know the direction in which to kneel when they prey.
Go on board an airline from a Muslim country (Emirates, Etihad, Gulf Air etc) and there will be a display with an arrow that moves so that it continually points to Mecca.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 08 Mar 2018, 18:25

hairyyoda wrote::wave: Todays thoughts for a less stressful life :think: don't read any newspapers the contents are always slanted by people who have a vested interest in convincing Joe Public which way they should be thinking and what they should believe :thumbup:
If you have no willpower and you succumb to reading crap :thumbdown: don't let the b#st#rds grind you down :thumbup:
If you must watch the news on TV :roll: turn off subtitles and mute the sound and wait a good camera shot of either Jane Hill's or Lucy Verasamy's exquisite and ample bosoms :) quality :thumbup: and appreciate the fact that a good looking woman is good on the eyes and stirs the soul and a mumsy good looking lesbian stirs the parts that fantasy's are dreamt of :?:
Yes I need therapy :o :lolno:
Phil

I buy the Sun every day, the reasoning being is that I know it's crap to start with so I don't believe anything in it, I just read it for the laugh. :lol:

And yes Phil, you need therapy :thumbup: ................ I'll put your name down at my treatment centre :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"