1080p pard

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
JOE FOX

Re: 1080p pard

Post by JOE FOX » 18 Nov 2018, 16:00

I have just told the lads in the paddocks at the back of me, Not to shine their new SRX Laser at the Horses eyes when they start shooting tonight as it could damage or blind them. thanks for the info Bruce. :thumbup:

Mini Magnum

Post by Mini Magnum » 18 Nov 2018, 19:34

If you went and shone it directly in front of a horses face on tight spot then fair play, how often do you have your crosshairs on a horses head anyway ?

JOE FOX

Post by JOE FOX » 18 Nov 2018, 20:35

Mini Magnum wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 19:34
If you went and shone it directly in front of a horses face on tight spot then fair play, how often do you have your crosshairs on a horses head anyway ?
Where have i said i have had my crosshairs on a horses head, and what a STUPID Comment to make. I had asked Bruce what were the dangers of watching animals with a Laser and does it harm their eyes and he said yes, but it seems you know better than him. If you want to contact Dave, somebloke on here he might tell you what my crosshairs have been on many times, and not Animals. Anyway i dont see what warrents your comment on this unless your some Clever Dick on Lasers. Perhaps you can tell me what, ARE the Dangers or NOT pointing Lasers at Animals.

The two lads out the back of mine in the paddocks used to tell us the horses eyes would shine up when they were spotting with a NM800 on their Rifles. So just to make sure after talking to Bruce i told them Not to shine their New Lasers at the horses eyes. I await your reply on this subject. :yawn:

Mini Magnum

Post by Mini Magnum » 18 Nov 2018, 21:15

JOE FOX wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 20:35
Mini Magnum wrote:
Where have i said i have had my crosshairs on a horses head, and what a STUPID Comment to make. I had asked Bruce what were the dangers of watching animals with a Laser and does it harm their eyes and he said yes, but it seems you know better than him. If you want to contact Dave, somebloke on here he might tell you what my crosshairs have been on many times, and not Animals. Anyway i dont see what warrents your comment on this unless your some Clever Dick on Lasers. Perhaps you can tell me what, ARE the Dangers or NOT pointing Lasers at Animals.

The two lads out the back of mine in the paddocks used to tell us the horses eyes would shine up when they were spotting with a NM800 on their Rifles. So just to make sure after talking to Bruce i told them Not to shine their New Lasers at the horses eyes. I await your reply on this subject. :yawn:
Lasers are dangerous theres no disputing that at very close proximity, but your not going to do the horses any harm unless you start poking at them with the end of your rifle, even more so as you would scan past them and obviously you wouldn't have your cross hairs on them and on full spot, so I wouldn't be overly concerned at all...

But in real scientific terms theres only one way to test it, get the neighbours horse give it a good blasting close range with a laser....then ask it if its eye hurts.. :lol:

JOE FOX

Post by JOE FOX » 18 Nov 2018, 21:43

Mini Magnum wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 21:15
JOE FOX wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 20:35
Mini Magnum wrote:

Lasers are dangerous theres no disputing that at very close proximity, but your not going to do the horses any harm unless you start poking at them with the end of your rifle, even more so as you would scan past them and obviously you wouldn't have your cross hairs on them and on full spot, so I wouldn't be overly concerned at all...

But in real scientific terms theres only one way to test it, get the neighbours horse give it a good blasting close range with a laser....then ask it if its eye hurts.. :lol:
I think it would be better to try it on yourself Mini Dick, as anyone with "any" common sense knows a horse cant talk. Let me know if it Hurts you, and also up to what distance. :thumbup:

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 18 Nov 2018, 23:24

Guys - cool it
What I said in my original response is true - lasers CAN be dangerous to humans and animals.
However, I doubt very much that your horses vision is at risk from someone using a laser illuminator.
The laser would need to be focussed to a tight pencil size beam and aimed directly at one of the horses eyes.
If it's a visible laser, the horse will automatically close it's eyes (the blink response) in the same way a human would when exposed to a bright light.
If it's an IR laser, the risk is higher, particularly if it's one of the older generation lasers that can be focussed down to a pencil beam.
However, a modern laser like the Solaris SRX cannot be focussed into a pencil beam, so is much much less likely to cause eye damage.
Perhaps explaining these facts to the guys who are shooting around your horses might help

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

fizzbangwhallop

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 19 Nov 2018, 08:17

I don’t know about anybody else but my eyes ached after a ratting session around the cattle yard and sheds just using an AS led T20 on the Photon Xtreme 8-)

I now only turn the torch on when my right eye is up to the eyepiece and shut my left at the same time.

Learned my lesson years ago when the Bosch UFLEDs were all the rage....I bought both 850 and 940 units but couldn’t remember which was which....so I checked by turning them on and checking from the front to spot the glow of the 850’s. Big mistake.... my eyes ached for days.

It’s frightening the number of people who check it’s on by looking down into the lens. Too risky by far!

Fizz
8-)

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting. :crazy: :lol: