Pistol Grip Spotters. New specs and prices from October 2017

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
DrRock

Re: Pistol Grip Spotters. New specs and prices from October 2017

Post by DrRock » 07 Jan 2019, 20:52

Thanks Dave . All good. I’m right handed so your proposal is spot on. The spec you have quoted is exactly what I want. I will pm you my address. Please pm me Paypal details and I’ll sort tonight

Thanks again
James

DrRock

Post by DrRock » 08 Jan 2019, 08:13

Thanks Dave
I have sent £288 via PayPal. Please could you confirm that you will add the AV out for video recording as well on this unit

Many thanks
James

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 08 Jan 2019, 15:12

DrRock wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 08:13
Thanks Dave
I have sent £288 via PayPal. Please could you confirm that you will add the AV out for video recording as well on this unit

Many thanks
James
£288 received as a friend thanks - and the spotter will have an RCA outlet fitted. :thumbup:

DrRock

Post by DrRock » 11 Jan 2019, 19:41

Thanks Dave look forward to receiving the unit.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 11 Jan 2019, 20:18

DrRock wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 19:41
Thanks Dave look forward to receiving the unit.
Posted today, please expect delivery before 1PM Monday - but posties have been known to surprise people on Saturdays. :D

DrRock

Post by DrRock » 11 Jan 2019, 23:33

Amazing servoce. Thanks. It'll probably arrive before my batteries :| but i should get out with it on Monday night for tthe first shoot of the year. We will use a combination of this and red lamping as my buddy is not yet convinced about night vision :geek:

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 12 Jan 2019, 00:52

:thumbup: There's a lot to be said for night vision spotter lamping giving you an edge.

You might decide between you that its an ideal or even preferred half way house solution that lets you spot quarry using the lowest IR power setting possible for the anticipated range of the quarry - preferably (but most people won't) only getting just a bit more than eyeshine then turn it off and get to an ideal location for the shot on a dark night. You can select a higher power if nothing was local was found. The upper switch is the illuminator.

When there's nearing half moon or more on a clear night you won't need the illuminator just to spot a 'silhouette' with no eyeshine locally, You can flick the IR on briefly to confirm eyeshine then off again: You can then monitor it for yonks without showing any indication of your presence. You won't need to turn the imaging off while manouvering into postion if the illuminator is not on because you are not bashing a moving bright light source into its eyes. If it follows you it's for a different reason like noise or smell. The screen won't light you up because it has a neutral density filter over it - and check out the monitor brightness control too: Setting it lower if you can helps preserve your dark adjusted eyesight while stalking. Don't let its dim daylight imaging deter you when you initially power it up, but you can brighten it if you feel a need to use a night vision spotter in daylight. :angel:

Get yourselves set up on bipod or whatever then you can better surprise the quarry with visible light at the last minute that won't be getting waved around searching very long before taking the shot.

Some of my most successful nights have been done in that way, particularly when accompanied so each can see everything happening, Maybe just one carry a rifle or spotter and take turns. I find I can better guage the distance and address the shot quicker than when using a NV rifle rig.

DrRock

Post by DrRock » 12 Jan 2019, 08:54

This hybrid approach sounds ideal. You still get a great view of the quarry at the last minute through a good scope and elamping with the Light force lamp but the illuminator gives you stealth!

I didn't realise the monitor had a brightness control even better! :lol:

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 12 Jan 2019, 13:18

You won't be needing the Lightforce, just the T75 on the scope if you fit one of these to it:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scope-Mount- ... 3268418307

DrRock

Post by DrRock » 12 Jan 2019, 18:13

My T75 has a 940 nm pill in it so ill have to see if i can get that red pill for it. I use the T75 with Nite Site Viper which gives it massive extended range but flipping heavy :lol: My mate will light up the quarry after we have spotted it