Tactical car roof and hand carried night vision spotters

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
some bloke
NON EMMET

Tactical car roof and hand carried night vision spotters

Post by some bloke » 30 Jan 2019, 15:18

I still have some custom made parts to use up and making them into ready built units seems a good way of managing that because people dont seem to be wanting to buy them loose.

There is a choice of three at the moment, and I have the parts in stock to make up to three of some of them but not all of them. For that reason I propose to list all three here with respective prices so anyone can see when I'm unable to make any more of any specific type.

Its proving easier to make a youtube video than post up several images so have a look at it and if something isn't clear I'll happily answer any questions and if I realise something else needs advising about I'll add it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l33Ra02RjX0

So the spotter that was shown first is the most expensive one because it has an E700 inside and an integrated EVO torch fitted with a Black Sun IR pill. Price is £300 - NOW £270 posted RMSD to UK only.

These other two do not have a torch so are cheaper:

One has an F2 M12 lens screwed directly into the E700 neck through an adaptor to brace the otherwise exposed lens and also carries a correctly aimed mini weaver rail. Obviosly then the buyer supplies his own illuminator to use it if there is not much moon about. This one is possibly the best option for a roof application because the F2 lens is not going to need much adjusting because it is less focus fussy due to its slightly higher F stop. This also has an E700 camera and is priced at £230 NOW £200 Posted RMSD to UK only. Torch is an optional extra

The one with a cheaper Foxeer nite Wolf camera in it but a more expensive lens and lens adaptor/carrier. It also has a mini weaver rail that puts your torch beam in just about the exact place needed. I only have one Foxeer camera so cannot make any more of this spec. Price is £200 NOW £170 posted RMSD to UK only.

Any questions - or if you want to buy one please ask about it on this thread.
Last edited by some bloke on 31 Aug 2019, 21:27, edited 5 times in total.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Re: Tactical car roof and hand carried night vision spotters

Post by some bloke » 06 Feb 2019, 08:48

Price reductions on this forum first. :angel:

John-m

Post by John-m » 06 Feb 2019, 18:16

Hello sent you a pm, can I have one of the top ones please.

Cheers john

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 07 Feb 2019, 11:30

John-m wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 18:16
Hello sent you a pm, can I have one of the top ones please.

Cheers john
Sorted thanks John. :thumbup:

Regarding the first type listed:
Having bought the 50mm 'C' mount lens in the UK I assumed I'd be able to speedily replace it to make another one available soon - but it seems those lenses are not available in UK so it's goung to be about 3 weeks before one gets here from China.

I have a used COSMICAR 50mm F1.4 'C' mount lens available - but that much more expensive lens will push the price of the integrated torch spotter back up to £300.

John-m

Post by John-m » 08 Feb 2019, 20:20

Thanks for the spotter came today, hope to try it later.

Cheers john

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 09 Feb 2019, 04:00

Thanks john. :thumbup:

For anyone who can't get about very well but wants to carry on shooting, these truck spotters were born out of a personal need to find a way to continue shooting - or just about give pest control up for health reasons. I have COPD/emphysema and can't be out and about carrying a rifle etc with cool moisture in the air, which means most nights apart from high summer. I can walk about ok but will be breathing too hard to take a relaxed shot.

I'm fortunate that most of my permissions are open fields or golf courses where I can drive a 4WD - and point it towards quarry as needed. I'd be completely lost without my nice quiet petrol X-Trail auto. The shooting position has proven to be superb, with total body support even down to resting my arm pit over the door window opening with the forestock nestled into the door mirror bracket while leaning back into the seat. Its better than sticks or a wooden bench rest and with the heater blower on, warm dry air passes out the window or sunroof - or both for me to breath in. So the roof spotter works great in that if I drive round a field with more than half moon I can usually spot something of interest without using an illuminator. I can just watch it for a while to see its behavior or flick on the IR to get some eyeshine if I want.

One lesson I have learned is that if quarry sees the bright glow of an IR light floating about its more likely to be wary of it, so I mostly drive a bit and stop in a likely place before turning on the illuminator if there's not much moon about. I'm quite well known for prefering minimal illumination - which produces quite grainy videos but the raw image seen on my 5" monitor is far superior to what is seen after video processing and up/downloading.

If you have 15 minutes to spare... and a fair bit of data available... and can't get about very much, this Night Vision spotter lamping lark might appeal to you too.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hhDs5rVSEM&t=456s

With full moonlight you can expext to see this sort of image: The same spec KPC camera is used with a bigger better lens but much of this was full moon behind cloud cover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMrHaSIfeUY&t=18s

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 18 May 2019, 14:15

Ikkle bump.

Fredintheshed

Post by Fredintheshed » 19 May 2019, 07:51

Hi Dave in response to email yesterday!! Thanks for your time.

I have a spare e700 camera and illuminator so just need the other bits if that’s possible??
Paul

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 19 May 2019, 12:21

Fredintheshed wrote:
19 May 2019, 07:51
Hi Dave in response to email yesterday!! Thanks for your time.

I have a spare e700 camera and illuminator so just need the other bits if that’s possible??
Paul
Thats good Paul, if any of the one's listed appeal to you thats great - you can send the E700 camera to me and I'll knock the RRP off the price mate. Also open to other suggestions - but all the bits would likely be a very similar price to one ready built clearance model.
This one is ready built - but with the E700 currently removed from the body. Remove your own back cover and screw your E700 into the ready installed E700 body, plug it in and Bobs yer uncle.

https://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopi ... =9&t=19892

https://youtu.be/e_BwUiS9t_o

Wotcha think?

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 31 Aug 2019, 21:51

Just sold another of the integrated illuminator variety which reminds me to have a little bump of this thread with a new photo added. I still have some of the custom made parts to assemble a few more of these. :angel: